Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 559

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117598 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8040 on: March 29, 2024, 05:53:53 PM »

Bambu has not walked or learned in a long long time. He does get stuffed like a sausage by an algorithm. He relieves the pressure by talking out of his ass.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: March 29, 2024, 07:30:59 PM »

Bambu has not walked or learned in a long long time. He does get stuffed like a sausage by an algorithm. He relieves the pressure by talking out of his ass.

Canton etc are the best places to live, by the water, and there are secret places to visit in Baltimore.
A city like any other, with its own culture.

Just went for a walk thru Canton, down to the Anchorage Mariner...very nice part of town.

Now watching a video  "10 Things to know when moving to Fell's Point Baltimore."
Nautical, but nice.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 06:51:23 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: March 29, 2024, 11:59:20 PM »

With all of the crime at the Metro, and with current crime around the world, including women being punched in New York, then the woman in charge of Security at the Metrolink asked for better protection for the travelers, and they fired her for trying to better protect our travelers.

Her name is Gina Osborn, and she looks like Angie Dickinson from the television show "Police Woman," and she wants to improve the security for travelers on Metro. I think she should be the new Boss of a new Security Program focusing solely in providing security for travelers on Metro.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: March 30, 2024, 01:47:32 AM »

With all of the crime at the Metro, and with current crime around the world, including women being punched in New York, then the woman in charge of Security at the Metrolink asked for better protection for the travelers, and they fired her for trying to better protect our travelers.

Her name is Gina Osborn, and she looks like Angie Dickinson from the television show "Police Woman," and she wants to improve the security for travelers on Metro. I think she should be the new Boss of a new Security Program focusing solely in providing security for travelers on Metro.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes, and that's exactly why things are like they are.
No one much is interested in providing absolute security.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 11:24:29 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: March 30, 2024, 02:11:56 AM »

If you were competent enough with tools to nail yourself into a pine box you would feel much safer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: March 30, 2024, 04:08:51 AM »

If you were competent enough with tools to nail yourself into a pine box you would feel much safer.

When they rebuild the bridge  they're gonna have to get some absolute security, so that the same thing doesn't happen again.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: March 30, 2024, 08:46:58 AM »

When they rebuild the bridge  they're gonna have to get some absolute security, so that the same thing doesn't happen again.
No, they will not. They will get the best modern safety barriers and design redundancies but like literally every other facet of life absolute security is not possible. It is a myth to keep people like you perpetually wetting their diapers so you vote the right way.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: March 30, 2024, 11:14:16 AM »

ICAII

Bridge support column protectors are called dolphins.  The proposed new bridge will have them.  Dolphins basically create a mini island of pilings and rock around the column, which bears the brunt of a ship impact. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: March 30, 2024, 03:02:50 PM »

Bambu, Harvard can help Baltimore, Massachusetts is only 400 miles from Maryland.

And the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is only 400 miles from Maryland.  https://www.mit.edu

America has some wonderful schools.

New York has some great schools too.

And Vanderbilt is in Tennessee.

The USA has some wonderful schools. We are blessed when it comes to the issue of higher education. We train the world leaders here from all around the world. And Muzi, the Daughter of the President of China came to Harvard to study.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: March 31, 2024, 07:27:56 AM »

DT today:

US and Australia have conducted missile tests off coast of Hawaii.
Taiwan is testing its air defence systems.

#####

Good.
Never know when the invasions will be coming.
It's China that's expected to invade Australia within 4 years, experts have warned.
Probably after attacking Taiwan.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: March 31, 2024, 07:54:45 AM »

If I had some guns large and small I'd feel much safer.
The govt and cops are useless, people in my rural towns are cowering in their homes ....... begging not to be harmed by machete/knife/jemmy bar wielding teen gangs, most aged under 18 and not White, .......as they hand over their car keys, their vehicles being stolen and used for doing burnouts, speeding and engaging cops in chases.
An 85 yr old White man was stabbed 5 times, he survived. An 80 yr old White man was bashed with a jemmy bar in his home, his wife terrorised. All shown on my tv.
Residents unarmed, sitting ducks.
The thugs, some as young as 5, are smashing their way into homes. No fear, they know the residents are all unarmed and no match for machetes etc.
Cops arrest them, the courts let them out on bail, They just keep right on doing what they're doing.
Guns are great for self defence, too bad they're banned.
Some residents are too scared to go to sleep at night. They sleep in the day.
Yes, there's nothing to do but be scared, cower in a corner, and pray.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 08:02:45 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: March 31, 2024, 11:48:18 AM »

He is risen

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: March 31, 2024, 02:10:51 PM »

Happy Easter!

And here you go Bambu... A Virginia Class Submarine costs $3.4 billion each. Australia ordered 8 and paid $368 billion.

Plus we sent some B-2 Stealth Bombers to Australia, which are nuclear capable.

Australia is safe, no worries.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: March 31, 2024, 04:23:24 PM »

Jesus is the Prince of Peace. I worked for a World War II Veteran who fought in Japan, he went to war with his Doberman, when he was drafted he was in school to become a Veterinarian and he had to drop out of school to join the Marine Corps after Pearl Harbor. The Marine Corps put him in charge of their Dog Kennels, and he trained dogs for the Marine Corps, etc, and then he went to war in Japan with his Doberman named Duke. This Veteran was a huge proponent of peace, he hated war, and he supported the United Nations. He thought that the United Nations was our biggest hope for world peace, and he had a picture of the United Nations on the wall of our office at the Dog Kennel that he owned and which I managed for 6 years. He ran that Kennel like the Marine Corps kennels, and for me it was like being in the Marines for 6 years, I had hard core discipline and I was never late, I got to work 1 hour early and I left one hour after hours. I gave that old man the very best effort that I could, even though he did not share the wealth, as a child of the Great Depression he was tight with the money. Anyhow, this old man loved the United Nations, and he saw it as our best hope for world peace.

At the same time that the United Nations was created then so too was the Central Intelligence Agency, we needed the CIA so that we could be well informed of world activities and so that we could deal with problems when they are small and before they become big problems. Then when people have the facts, they can make better decisions.

And the same is true with Journalism and which is why we have our 1st Amendment guaranteeing the right to freedom of the Press and free speech, so that we can deal with issues when they are small, and we can make better decisions when we have all of the facts.

One recent example of excellent Journalism was the case with Geraldo Rivera and the Mental Hospitals, Geraldo shined a light on what was happening in the Mental Hospitals and then people could deal with the issue. We have made a lot of progress on Mental Health Care because of Geraldo Rivera, and a free press.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace, and according to many our best hope for World Peace is the United Nations.

Salute,

Tony V. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 04:27:56 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: March 31, 2024, 05:01:13 PM »

Happy Easter!

And here you go Bambu... A Virginia Class Submarine costs $3.4 billion each. Australia ordered 8 and paid $368 billion.

Plus we sent some B-2 Stealth Bombers to Australia, which are nuclear capable.

Australia is safe, no worries.

Salute,

Tony V.

The first subs won't be arriving until 2035 or something, if at all. US is only making one new one this year, needs it for US Navy, all fair enough...Australia should've demanded nukes from Britain in the 1950s.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 03:25:28 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 559