Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 561

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117751 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8190 on: April 15, 2024, 09:41:57 PM »

On the issue of Iran, we have been working on missile defense for the last 40 years and we have made a lot of progress, and we can jam and crash the drones, we have shown that we can save lives in Israel from foreign attacks there. So, then we can deal with things in our own way, and in our own time, on our own terms, etc. And we have good leaders at the United Nations.

And Bambu, on the news on television they talked about the criminal there in Australia, and they just said he was a mentally ill guy.

We have made a lot of progress in the Middle East, as Arafat is gone now, and Saddam Husein is gone, and Osama Bin Laden is gone, a lot of bad people are gone now.

And we have the CIA, and we can know what people are doing and who to hold accountable, etc.

We also need to send the Peace Corps into Afghanistan, and into Iraq, etc, and we need to build schools, and we need to educate the women, and we need to feed the hungry, and we can build hospitals, etc. We can do good work that can promote peace in the world. We need to invest in having peace and in raising the level of civilization. And we can work for improved women's rights, and we can educate the people, and they can all read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, etc. And we can make movies and television shows with meaning to better educate and teach the people of the Middle East, I met a fillmmaker who wanted to make movies in Turkey to be shown in the Middle East, etc, and if you can change how people think and feel then you can change how they behave. And we need to bring back the power of Athens and Rome in the Middle East, with peace and lots of trade, etc, and libraries and schools, etc.

And we need to have peace and friendship with China, and we have Muzi who attended Harvard. Muzi needs to do an interview with National Lampoon to be published in Playboy Magazine. And Mahlagha Jaberi can do a pictorial in Playboy to promote improved human rights for the women of Iran.

Salute,

Tony V.

Psychologist is quoted in the DT as saying "He knew what he was doing, he was bad not mad.

The 'bad people' I keep talking about.
They're armed, this time with  large hunting knife, seeking out women and children as his victims.

The church attack last night, the stabbing of the Christian bishop...has just been labelled by the Police Commissioner as a terror attack.
Where are my guns?
Oh, I'm not allowed to have any.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 09:57:06 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: April 15, 2024, 10:09:41 PM »

"Bollard man" in the Bondi stabbing rampage, who stood up to the killer, is French national Damien Guerot.

The killer is accused of targeting women and children, a group of children playing near the top of the escalator.
"Bollard man" saved their lives, for sure and certain.

Albo has told Mr Guerot he's welcome to Australian citizenship immediately, can stay in Australia as long as he likes.
Vive La France!
Go woke, go broke.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: April 15, 2024, 10:41:32 PM »

Tesla is about to lay off ten  per cent of its employees
I see Hugh Janus is wasting no time exploring future employment.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: April 16, 2024, 12:20:58 AM »

Musk is the major problem in all of his companies. Tesla also suffers from the huge industry pushing out better cheaper EVs by the millions each year. Expect to see many gas pumps replaced by charging stations in the coming years. Also the governor and legislature there make Texas a state with a terrible business climate almost as bad as Florida. It is a shame for the people of Austin who for the most part try to live a better life than the deeply insecure conservatives that the state is famous for.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 12:26:39 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: April 16, 2024, 12:23:18 AM »

The wind doesn't always blow, and the sun doesn't always shine, that's the problem.
Solar in particular, in places where the sun shines most of the time, could be worthwhile.
What to do with all the old solar panels after their 20 year life span.

What to do with all the wind turbines when they malfunction, collapse, and are old?

Solar can play a part in energy production, but for massive baseload power nuclear is best.
Net zero is a fantasy.
Maybe sometime 200 years from now.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: April 16, 2024, 12:39:20 AM »

When you do not feel the sunshine on your horrible pickled face, it is not because the Sun goes out. For a part of each day there is a planet between you and it.

Batteries, since the invention of mill ponds and leets have been a tried and true solution to intermittent sources of clean energy. Some investment in utility scale battery tech and a robust modern transmission grid solve that issue for generating electricity with wind and solar.

Fortunately there are better people working on this project than you. It would take you centuries to get your own head out of your ass much less change a light bulb or install a solar panel. The used panels get recycled. A productive wind turbine is repaired when it breaks down or it is replaced with a newer more efficient model.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: April 16, 2024, 09:47:02 AM »

Musk is the major problem in all of his companies. Tesla also suffers from the huge industry pushing out better cheaper EVs by the millions each year.

Zactly. 

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: April 16, 2024, 09:50:54 AM »

Albo has told Mr Guerot he's welcome to Australian citizenship immediately, can stay in Australia as long as he likes.
Vive La France!

M Guerot and that fellow with the Narwal tusk who thwarted a stabber on the London bridge should get together.  Maybe organize fun competitions where contestants wield tusks and bollards against each other.  With proper padding, of course.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: April 16, 2024, 01:46:08 PM »

Musk is making mistakes as he pulls jobs out of California and takes them to other places, and with the Space Program, etc, then we need the Antelope Valley and Cape Canaveral, etc.

My favorite Billionaire is British, even though I have my problems with the British, I am not a fan of the British, but I love Richard Branson, and he produced the Sex Pistols, etc. Richard Branson is building a high speed train between Las Vegas and Southern California.

And we need to have good guys in California like Ronald Reagan, Roy Rogers, Walt Disney, and Gene Autry, were. And New York had Frank Sinatra, and the great acting teachers, Uta Hagen, and Sanford Meisner, and Elia Kazan, Lee Strasberg, etc.

My Mother has solar panels out in the desert where the sun shines almost everyday, and she saves a fortune by having solar panels on her roof, and she also has a swimming pool, she loves the desert, and she is saving a lot of money by having solar. 

We need to keep building new high speed trains and subways, etc.

Lots is happening right now here, Mayor Bass just made the State of the City Speech, and then she is going to release her budget. And Billions is being spent here in Anaheim. Plus Newsom is giving tax breaks to producers to film in California, finally. And Universal is doing great right now with the success of "Oppenheimer." Muzi of China needs to do an interview with National Lampoon for Playboy, and Mahlagha Jaberi needs to do a pictorial for Playboy to support improved human rights for the women of Iran, etc.

Tourist season is under way here in Southern California, with lots of money to be made, and the homeless are being helped, and housing is being built, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 01:52:53 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: April 16, 2024, 02:13:17 PM »

My favorite Billionaire is British,...

Salute,

Tony V.
Channeling my inner Phil Sheridan.   The only good billionaire...
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: April 16, 2024, 02:51:49 PM »

Eat the rich.

Fortunately trump is fake rich because he is clearly toxic and not for eating. 

Richard P. Feynman

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: April 16, 2024, 03:37:22 PM »

Hugh Janus has retired and is now relaxed and ready to drop some big warm chunks of wisdom on you.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: April 16, 2024, 04:33:24 PM »

Hugh Janus has retired and is now relaxed and ready to drop some big warm chunks of wisdom on you.
You mean like diversifying his portfolio.?
Iwould steer him to pipelines and mining equipment.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: April 16, 2024, 04:41:08 PM »

You mean like diversifying his portfolio.?
Iwould steer him to pipelines and mining equipment. buggy whip stocks.
FIFY.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: April 16, 2024, 05:37:14 PM »

I think Red is telling us we need a deep dark hole to dump republicans and oligarch polluters in, a hole from which they can never hope to emerge.

It is the kind of fascist solution you expect from Red, but at least he is starting to acknowledge the problem the right wing menace poses to society.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 561