Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 561

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117779 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8205 on: April 16, 2024, 05:53:43 PM »

Tesla is about to lay off ten  per cent of its employees
I see Hugh Janus is wasting no time exploring future employment.

Hugh Janus has retired and is now relaxed and ready to drop some big warm chunks of wisdom on you.
You mean like diversifying his portfolio.?
Iwould steer him to pipelines and mining equipment. buggy whip stocks.
FIFY.
LOL!
I felt your pain. Glad I could throw you some crumbs.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: April 16, 2024, 07:35:48 PM »

This is a big fucking deal

https://thetechtribune.com/california-achieves-record-streak-of-100-renewable-energy-days/

We are getting there.

Only if the wind blows and the Sun is always shining.   That does not happen even  in California  and certainly nowhere  elsewhere in the USA.

California has achieved a significant milestone in renewable energy, with wind, solar, and hydro power meeting 100% of the state energy demand for 25 out of the last 32 days. This sustained success, a first in the states history, highlights the feasibility of transitioning away from fossil fuels to cleaner sources

You obviously never heard of storage batteries.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 07:48:44 PM by LarryB! »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: April 16, 2024, 07:50:36 PM »

Approximately 72,000,000 million gun owners in USA. If one percent use their guns to kill other people then statistically 720,000 motherfuckers kill other people with guns.

Realistically the number of gun deaths runs about 48,000.

Not even close.
The Census bureau puts our population at 330 million with about 258 million 18 and over.
Gun ownership is estimated at 393 million, or about 120 guns for every 100 people.
Total gun deaths per year run just under 50 k with 54% suicides, 43% murders, and 3 per cent  related to accidental incidents, police action, or and those that cannot be categorized.

Not even close, huh?

No pithy comeback, huh?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: April 16, 2024, 08:03:26 PM »

Musk is the major problem in all of his companies. Tesla also suffers from the huge industry pushing out better cheaper EVs by the millions each year. Expect to see many gas pumps replaced by charging stations in the coming years. Also the governor and legislature there make Texas a state with a terrible business climate almost as bad as Florida. It is a shame for the people of Austin who for the most part try to live a better life than the deeply insecure conservatives that the state is famous for.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: April 16, 2024, 08:56:42 PM »

(standard Reddus Dickus Straw Man argument)

He's heard.  And probably heard of large-scale grid distribution, gravitic storage, and geothermal base power.  But his smug and invincible partisan posture is to pretend none of that can happen before we drink every last drop of the petroleum milkshake. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: April 16, 2024, 09:11:24 PM »

He's heard.  And probably heard of large-scale grid distribution, gravitic storage, and geothermal base power.  But his smug and invincible partisan posture is to pretend none of that can happen before we drink every last drop of the petroleum milkshake.
Partisan?
You mean scientific facts.
The grid cannot provide year round reliability without fossil fuels.
Nor can we power our economy without them

Nor canAmerican transportation, the envy of the world, do the same without
Reliance on internal combustion engines.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: April 16, 2024, 09:39:39 PM »

Partisan?
You mean scientific facts.
The grid cannot provide year round reliability without fossil fuels.
Nor can we power our economy without them

Nor canAmerican transportation, the envy of the world, do the same without
Reliance on internal combustion engines.

Exactly.
And it's not only in America.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: April 16, 2024, 10:10:54 PM »

All the fossils agree. Everyone here with no future prospects, no descendants to think about, and no meaningful legacy to leave both say drill harder and faster.

The nice thing about dead wrong old people is that their voice and influence recedes as their faculties and numbers steadily dwindle and they are replaced by generation after generation with better grips on more accurate and instructive facts, ready to drive electronic vehicles from net zero homes to net zero workplaces, shops, restaurants, entertainments, and houses of worship.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: April 16, 2024, 10:48:58 PM »

Anti  -Israel activist Takek Bazzi, who headlined an hour-long rally in front of the Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn led the cheers of Death to America !
Biden countered with We do not want their votes.
No shit?
It took Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer a week to denounce them.

On Elba the usual cast of misfits ignored the remarks altogether.
What are you afraid of?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: April 16, 2024, 11:36:03 PM »

Crackers stoking racial division on their way to murdering a bunch of folks scare me. It happens disturbingly often in this country.

Chanting death to America does not help one make a point or endear one to a broad audience in and among Americans. It would definitely rate as counterproductive to the purpose of the rally.

I personally would like to see Israel stop fucking itself, but that is extremely unlikely with the current government they have in place. I wish we could do more to bring things to a peaceful and stable resolution sooner, but important actors in the region have decided they prefer increasingly deadly escalation.

I believe that I f we had done more to help kill all Russian military personnel outside of their borders within six months of the discoveries at Bucha, the Middle East would be a lot quieter today as would Europe.

I also find that most of what you espouse, condone and cheer amounts to death to America blow by idiotic blow. How you feel about what that guy and some others were chanting in Dearborn is how reasonable people take most of what you have to say.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 11:37:38 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: April 16, 2024, 11:36:49 PM »

This is a big fucking deal

https://thetechtribune.com/california-achieves-record-streak-of-100-renewable-energy-days/

We are getting there.

Only if the wind blows and the Sun is always shining.   That does not happen even  in California  and certainly nowhere  elsewhere in the USA.

California has achieved a significant milestone in renewable energy, with wind, solar, and hydro power meeting 100% of the state energy demand for 25 out of the last 32 days. This sustained success, a first in the states history, highlights the feasibility of transitioning away from fossil fuels to cleaner sources

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: April 16, 2024, 11:56:53 PM »

Approximately 72,000,000 million gun owners in USA. If one percent use their guns to kill other people then statistically 720,000 motherfuckers kill other people with guns.

Not even close.
The Census bureau puts our population at 330 million with about 258 million 18 and over.
Gun ownership is estimated at 393 million, or about 120 guns for every 100 people.
Total gun deaths per year run just under 50 k with 54% suicides, 43% murders, and 3 per cent  related to accidental incidents, police action, or and those that cannot be categorized.

Not even close, huh?

No pithy comeback, huh?
None needed.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: April 17, 2024, 03:51:32 AM »

Not even close.

Not even close, huh?

No pithy comeback, huh?
None needed.

https://youtu.be/DHquo50cpDo?si=E9hVGrn34MwDNUpn

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: April 17, 2024, 07:03:37 AM »

Crackers stoking racial division on their way to murdering a bunch of folks scare me. It happens disturbingly often in this country.

Chanting death to America does not help one make a point or endear one to a broad audience in and among Americans. It would definitely rate as counterproductive to the purpose of the rally.

I personally would like to see Israel stop fucking itself, but that is extremely unlikely with the current government they have in place. I wish we could do more to bring things to a peaceful and stable resolution sooner, but important actors in the region have decided they prefer increasingly deadly escalation.

I believe that I f we had done more to help kill all Russian military personnel outside of their borders within six months of the discoveries at Bucha, the Middle East would be a lot quieter today as would Europe.

I also find that most of what you espouse, condone and cheer amounts to death to America blow by idiotic blow. How you feel about what that guy and some others were chanting in Dearborn is how reasonable people take most of what you have to say.

Well you could convince South Africa and the UN to send armies into Gaza to convince Hamas to give up the hostages it took after torture murdering 1,200 Israeli men, women and children in its Oct 7 attacks.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: April 17, 2024, 08:16:20 AM »

Anti  -Israel activist Takek Bazzi, who headlined an hour-long rally in front of the Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn led the cheers of Death to America !
Biden countered with We do not want their votes.
No shit?
It took Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer a week to denounce them.

On Elba the usual cast of misfits ignored the remarks altogether.
What are you afraid of?
USC just banned the valedictorian speech at graduation for fear she might say something in support of Palestine. And no comment from you. What are you afraid of?

Or, alternatively, it is a free board and you comment on what you want to and do not comment on what you do not want to, you tiny-brained wiper of other people's bottoms.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 561