Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 610

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 184120 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8655 on: May 20, 2024, 10:21:19 PM »

Sky News:

"Good riddance to a bad man".

#####

Indeed.

It is a little early for that if you are still able to post here. Sky news has never been a useful or reliable source of news so it is not much of a surprise they jumped the gun with your obituary

Please explain.
You are a horrible person. That is my take on it.

Sounds like he's trying to get me banned, while at the same time hurling personal insults at other forum members here that would see him banned in most other forums.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: May 20, 2024, 11:48:16 PM »

I do not want you banned, Bambu. I want to see you caught without your papers and sent to an alien detention gulag never to be seen or heard from again. I just want you to be treated with the respect and consideration you clearly deserve.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: May 21, 2024, 12:28:37 AM »

I do not want you banned, Bambu. I want to see you caught without your papers and sent to an alien detention gulag never to be seen or heard from again. I just want you to be treated with the respect and consideration you clearly deserve.

Exactly why I'll never be leaving Australia's shores.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: May 21, 2024, 02:47:10 AM »

Nauru will be fine as your final destination.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: May 21, 2024, 04:43:17 AM »

Nauru will be fine as your final destination.

Nauru is great.
Beautiful Pacific island.
Swimming, fishing, lazing around on sunny beaches, just like the asylum-seekers who paid people smugglers did in detention.
They were pictured behind the wire fence, bemoaning their horrible situation...when but feet away the gates to their compound were wide open and they could come and go freely in daylight hours...returning at dusk.
They were warned not to pay people smugglers because they'd never be settled in Australia, but they refused to listen.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: May 21, 2024, 05:00:22 AM »

Sky News:

"Good riddance to a bad man".

#####

Indeed.

It is a little early for that if you are still able to post here. Sky news has never been a useful or reliable source of news so it is not much of a surprise they jumped the gun with your obituary

SkyNews Australia is a great source of news.
You probably don't like it because the opinions of most of its hosts don't agree with yours.
Rita's segment "Lefties Losing It" for example.
Not sensible people on the left of politics with wisdom and reasonable, workable, policies and ideas....but the ones with policies and ideas that are "bad news".
Like closing all the coal and gas fired power stations in a mad rush to renewables when the renewables are clearly not yet ready to replace them and won't be for a very long time.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: May 21, 2024, 06:18:45 AM »

Daily Mail;

Putin could pound UK with missiles he's using to blitz Ukraine

The retired British Army officer estimated that an attack would involve Russia firing over the missiles in waves of 60 to 90 at a time. Speaking to The Sun, General Barrons (Pictured) warned that the UK would currently be unable to fend off such an onslaught. He said: 'The UK does not have the air and missile defence that Ukraine has, for now. We've not needed it. The sort of missiles that fall on Kyiv could fall on London .
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 06:20:58 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: May 21, 2024, 06:32:10 AM »

What on earth has the UK been doing...obviously living in a paradise of complacency.

If Russia can do that to Britain, think what China could do to Australia.

Think what Russia could do to every country in Europe that has no shield, likely most of them.

Britain is supposed to have nukes, but are they old and maybe out of date.
Does it have nuke powered and nuke armed subs, more than one or two.

If it does, it should warn the People of Russia that if their missiles start landing in Britain, then Russia will cease to exist.
Where's Trump, he will maybe tell them.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: May 21, 2024, 12:59:00 PM »

Your nurse needs to up the Thorazine in your vegemite. You are blowing a gasket, mate. You leak foolishness at an alarming rate.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: May 21, 2024, 01:53:23 PM »

What on earth has the UK been doing...obviously living in a paradise of complacency.

Think what Russia could do to every country in Europe that has no shield, likely most of them.

If it does, it should warn the People of Russia that if their missiles start landing in Britain, then Russia will cease to exist.

Go to bed, Grandpa! You are drunk!
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: May 21, 2024, 02:17:17 PM »

NATO has already told him that. It is in the treaty itself, Article 5. An attack on any NATO country is an attack on all. Putin knows that. He may be mostly evil but unlike you he is not an idiot. That is why he has always made it Russian policy to try to undermine the alliance. That is why Russia has spent a lot of time and money on election interference. That is why Russia's interference here has focused on one candidate.

And Trump weakened NATO as president, was Putin's bitch and would if possible pull us from NATO. His world view is entirety transactional and whether he would defend, say, Lithuania would have more to do with whether the president of Lithuania kissed his ass than any duty under Article 5. He would never make the kind of statement you call for. If Putin decided he wanted.to connect the rest of Russia with Kaliningrad he would call it a genius move, like he did with the Ukraine invasion, and do nothing.
Please. Accept the mystery.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: May 21, 2024, 03:30:29 PM »

It is important for the good people to be at the top.

And it is good that Pope Francis has joined the G-7.

Also, Education is important, and we need to educate our people, including building more colleges in Kentucky, etc, and in Arkansas, etc.

Bambu, you are safe, follow NASA on Facebook, and Edwards Air Force Base, and follow Lockheed, etc. And be sure to get the equipment to jam and crash enemy drones.

Also, if you travel, do not fly on a Boeing plane, fly on the French planes, and wait for Lockheed to build the new planes of the future. And go to safe places like Italy, and France, and Greece. I have been to Cannes, France, and to Rome, Italy, and both countries are beautiful and safe.

I have been to Mexico, with Youth For Christ as a teen, and it was safe because I was with a whole bus full of Christians. Also, Christina Aquilera performed a concert in Mexico just last night, and Dave Mustaine and Megadeth played in El Salvador, and Shakira is from Colombia, the world is becoming safer.

In Rome I recommend the Hotel Ivanhoe on Via Urbana right by the Roman Forum, and Via Urbana is in the novel "The Count of Monte Cristo" and it is an awesome area, I lived in that neighborhood for 6 weeks, my roommates were Italian soldiers from Sicily, it was great. People were all buying beers for the American, I rarely had to buy my own beer as people kept buying me beers. And they have Cinecitta in Rome, and the Vatican, Rome is great. Rome is nice and safe.

And Cannes is nice like Marina Del Rey in California. Cannes is very safe. I attended the Cannes Film Festival in 2000, and it was great, a film named "Dancer in the Dark" won the top award. I ate chicken and drank Corona beers while sitting on a famous beach in Cannes, where the women could go topless, there are famous photos of stars topless in Cannes. I love France, and I love the French people, it was like everyone in France went to Charm School, they were so nice and polite in France.

We need to educate our people, and we need to send our youth to Charm School, etc. I have a friend who lived in New York and she went to Charm School as a teen, so that is good, we need for Kentucky to send the youth to Charm School too, and Arkansas, etc.

And no one likes the image of ignorant red necks on meth with bad teeth, we need to be educated instead and we need to send our youth to charm school, etc.

We need for the kind and loving people to be at the top, and we need to have education and charm school for our people.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 03:44:03 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: May 21, 2024, 05:51:23 PM »

Your nurse needs to up the Thorazine in your vegemite. You are blowing a gasket, mate. You leak foolishness at an alarming rate.

Are you calling retired British army general Barrish foolish?
He might have a baby face, but there's nothing infantile is his words of warning.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: May 21, 2024, 06:55:06 PM »

He might have a baby face, but there's nothing infantile is his words of warning.

Yeah.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: May 21, 2024, 07:26:23 PM »

If he thinks a Russian attack on Great Britain is a real world possibility, yeah, foolish. But he is probably just fear mongering to increase British defense spending. And you being so fearful you are willing to ignore the protection of your own health because of a perceived, essentially miniscule danger,.are the type of fearful little turd that it plays to. Seriously, I imagine you entering the real world from your bunker,.setting your face to the sun and running as fast as possible towards it to try to escape the vague black image chasing you.
Please. Accept the mystery.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 610