Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 605

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 168166 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8700 on: May 24, 2024, 02:19:14 AM »

You may have stayed on the bus one or two stops too long. What condition is your condition in?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: May 24, 2024, 04:37:59 AM »

The only way to beat terrorists is with terror...it's all they understand.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: May 24, 2024, 06:31:02 AM »

To oppose terrorism with violence acknowledges the terrorist assumption that meaningful change is only possible through suffering and fear.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: May 24, 2024, 08:23:56 AM »

Thanks for the input Ghandi. We'll take it under advisement.
Remember the famous Russian proverb: The hungrier you get, the tastier the meal. On the other hand, the French have a proverb: Merde!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: May 24, 2024, 09:06:46 AM »

Thanks for the input Ghandi. We'll take it under advisement.
It never seems to occur to people like our upside down idiot friend that the idea that "terror is all they understand" is the guiding principle of terrorism.
Remember the famous Russian proverb: The hungrier you get, the tastier the meal. On the other hand, the French have a proverb: Merde!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: May 24, 2024, 09:41:37 AM »

I understand that "they started it" is an appealing philosophy and that it makes one feel they're on God's side.   But it never really gets you anywhere.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: May 24, 2024, 10:40:42 AM »

I understand that "they started it" is an appealing philosophy and that it makes one feel they're on God's side.   But it never really gets you anywhere.
Not to mention, "started" tends to be a rather arbitrary amd highly debatable point.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: May 24, 2024, 11:37:09 AM »

I would totally get you a taco first and that is by far the best offer you will ever see put in front of you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: May 24, 2024, 01:00:09 PM »

Trouble with the good guys today, they're way too nice.
Way too polite.
As a result, terrorists are not one bit scared if them.
Hence Oct 7.
Hamas rapists were shown on Sky News last night, father and sons tag team rapists.
First the father raped the hostages, then the two sons took their turns.
Feminists in bambuworld say nothing.
Say nothing against Palestinian Hamas killers, rapists, torture-murderers of Jewish women and girls.
International Court of Justice now telling Israel to stop Rafah offensive.
Maybe the ICJ would like to send an army to rescue the hostages and end their suffering.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 01:18:56 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: May 24, 2024, 01:17:22 PM »

Sky News Aust...best place to find the truth.

"China is practicing "seizing power" as it carries out drills near Taiwan."

#####

Won't be long now.
Wonder what the good guys will actually do when the invasion starts.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: May 24, 2024, 01:46:40 PM »

#####

Won't be long now.

Ask the Republicans who held up military support funding for months over bullshit. Nothing like fucking up deterence capability for no good reason.

Meanwhile,

Australian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence Richard Marles, Japanese Minister of Defense Kihara Minoru, and U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin III convened a Trilateral Defense Ministerial Meeting in Hawaii on May 2, 2024. This was the thirteenth meeting among the defense leaders of the three nations and highlighted the landmark achievements made in implementing activities and practical areas of cooperation set forth in the 2023 Joint Statement.

China is not gonna invade Taiwan
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: May 24, 2024, 02:10:35 PM »

#####

Won't be long now.
You will be holed up in your basement, curled up in a ball and shitting bricks like a wombat.

China has been doing this shit since Chaing Kai-shek scarpered off to the island 75 years ago. Calm down and go change your diaper.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: May 24, 2024, 04:06:29 PM »

Wombats seem to love doomscrolling.

A cross-Strait war would fuck the Chinese economy.   Xi isn't going to risk his hold on power with a gamble that could cost millions of his people their jobs. 
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: May 24, 2024, 05:57:20 PM »

You may have stayed on the bus one or two stops too long. What condition is your condition in?

Somewhere beyond that horizon, somewhere beyond the neon sky, there must be something better...

There has to be nice farms and vineyards where poor guys like Willy Loman can go live and work in a nice vineyard instead of succumbing to nepotism and the machine.

And for the homeless people a nice home working in a garden with a community would be better than being homeless and feeling isolated and alone.

I thought about going and trying to get a job as a cook at Francis Ford Coppola's winery, I could live in the wine country, and cook, and also make connections in the film industry. But, I kind of like Hollywood, and Anaheim, and Malibu, and I would love to have an office at Universal, and maybe someday buy Universal, but who knows, my best bet might have been to go cook for Francis Ford Coppola on his vineyard.

And I refuse to grow bitter and angry as I grow older, I want to gain wisdom and be a positive force in the world. And I just need to remain humble. Anaheim is cool, and the people here like me, I even have friends at City Hall, my Representative came to my door and introduced herself, she is very cool, Natalie Rubalcova. Right now Anaheim is about to be flooded with $2 Billion, and the economy is going to become fantastic here. And Newsom lowered taxes for filmmakers, etc.

We have cruising now on Sunday nights, and the city started to complain, and I reminded them that the cruisers are customers who we can sell stuff to, and we can have events at Pearson Park and at the amphitheatre which has 2,000 seats, we can sell food and beverages and stuff to the cruisers, God is sending customers to Anaheim Blvd on every Sunday night now with the cruisers. The asshole cops want to make everyone into criminals instead of selling the cruisers tacos and ice cream, etc. We need to manage the cruising on Sunday nights in a healthy way, like the Universal City Walk, we need to make it nice, and we can sell stuff to the cruisers. And the same with Hollywood Blvd, they need to embrace the tourists and make it nice for the tourists, and realize that the tourists are customers.

The Bible says to always look for the beauty in the world, we cannot focus on that bad stuff all of the time. And we need to put our smartest people on offense instead of defense, and we cannot all be cops, and prison guards, and border patrol agents, etc. We need to reward the teachers by raising wages for teachers.

Anyhow, I respect the farm workers, and it is good to remain humble, and to think that I would always get out there in the fields with the workers if I had to, and it would be better than ending up like Willy Loman. And I love Carlos Santana, and Willie Nelson, and I support the farmers, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: May 24, 2024, 08:31:52 PM »

Thing is, at present, the terrorists are barbaric savages, demonstrated very clearly by the atrocities they commit.
They get caught and what happens to them...nothing.
They just get put in a nice cell, have hot showers, good and special food to their liking three times a day.
They just rest up there until more atrocities are committed by their terrorist buddies, more hostages are taken, there's a prisoner swap and they're released.
All because the good guys are civilised.
The good guys need to change what they're doing, because what they're doing now is simply not working.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 08:37:40 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 605