Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 617

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 198669 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9000 on: June 07, 2024, 07:30:58 PM »

A recent report by UNICEF says that, in the Middle East and North Africa, around 34 million infants are living in food poverty.

----------

Kiwanis International has a Village in Victoria, British Columbia, for the refugee children.

We need to also do more to feed the poor in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: June 07, 2024, 08:37:14 PM »

My dearly departed friend Lisa was wealthy, and she could have lived anywhere in the world, and she chose Anaheim, where she bought 10 houses and started helping the homeless, and she connected with the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana and she was helping the homeless people from all over Orange County. When I got my apartment here in Anaheim, she told me that I scored, and that I am very lucky, and she told me never to give this place up, she said it is a prime location. So, I am grateful to have a good apartment in a good city, and I even have friends at City Hall, my Representative came to my door and introduced herself, Natalie Rubalcova, she is great. I just need to find a girlfriend, and I need to publish my poetry book, and get my movie script made or sold. Anyhow, Anaheim is a prime location, and Lisa came all the way from the Philippines to live here in Anaheim, she could have picked anywhere, and she chose Anaheim. Anaheim is a great spot, and it is going to get a lot better, lots of money is being invested here.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 08:39:40 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: June 08, 2024, 04:07:29 AM »

A recent report by UNICEF says that, in the Middle East and North Africa, around 34 million infants are living in food poverty.

-------

Salute,

Tony V.

Overpopulation, culture, and corruption?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 04:12:03 AM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: June 08, 2024, 03:30:41 PM »

-------

Salute,

Tony V.

Overpopulation, culture, and corruption?

War, corruption, lust for power, mental illness, ignorance, greed, neglect, etc, etc, etc, and it is all so sad that the 34 million babies are suffering. The best thing that the refugees can do is to go live in Canada at the Kiwanis Village and just leave the whole mess in the Middle East behind. And my Grandfather worked in the Lumber Industry in Oregon, for 20 years he worked security watching the gate at a Lumber Yard, he was in a Labor Union so he was paid well, and he received a Pension, and Health Care, etc, and he had a nice retirement in Battle Mountain, Nevada. The Lumber Jobs are good peaceful jobs and you can have a home for your family, etc. The refugees can work in the Lumber Industry in Canada and the children can have good lives.

And we need world peace. We also need to send the Peace Corps all around the world, and Kiwanis International, etc. And I support Pope Francis. And UNICEF.

We need to put the people from our Southern Border to work with the United Farm Workers to grow food here in Bakersfield, etc, and we can export food to hungry people, etc. Oregon can also grow food. Etc. They can raise pigs in Battle Mountain, Nevada, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: June 09, 2024, 02:32:49 AM »

There is a Farm Hippy Commune in Tennessee...

https://thefarmcommunity.com/

People can have farming hippy communes, and they can grow food, etc.

And we need to teach everyone how to read, and the communes can have libraries and the people can study and discuss things like Aristotle.

With tennis courts, and swimming pools included.

Dolly Parton built Dollywood to create jobs for her friends and family, Dollywood is a total community project for them. People can do hippy farming communes the same way that Dolly did Dollywood.

And maybe the San Miguel Corporation of the Philippines wants to invest in farming communities in the USA, and in Latin America, etc.

Of course, they can also have Churches and they can bring people to Christ.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: June 09, 2024, 06:10:07 AM »

There is a town in north Ontario.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: June 09, 2024, 11:35:08 AM »

Big birds flying across the sky,
Throwing shadows on our eyes.

(reminds me, my son had a great description of Neil Young's voice, something like has a frailty underneath it, but a good kind of frailty.)

Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: June 09, 2024, 12:09:46 PM »

I saw him in concert a couple of weeks ago.  A little preachy, but still good.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: June 09, 2024, 01:04:11 PM »

Neil Young only gives 6 concerts a week. Because on the 7th day, he rests. I saw him during the Arc/Weld days. Sonic Youth opened. And I was pretty much the only one paying attention to them.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: June 09, 2024, 01:27:12 PM »

Nice. Saw him at SDSU about a month ago. He opened w Cortez the Killer, which was a bit on the nose.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: June 09, 2024, 03:12:48 PM »

Nice. Saw him at SDSU about a month ago. He opened w Cortez the Killer, which was a bit on the nose.

My niece is a student at SDSU. Loves the school!
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: June 09, 2024, 03:43:39 PM »

My niece is a student at SDSU. Loves the school!

SDSU is awesome. I saw Alice Cooper there, with the Scorpions, it was great. And I had a Psychology Professor who attended SDSU, Dr Hurd, he worked at the Betty Ford Center back in the days when Elizabeth Taylor and Ozzy Osbourne were patients, he was a great teacher, and he said SDSU is the best place to go if you want to get into Psychology.

I love Neil Young, I have his song "Hey, Hey, My My" as the opening song of my movie, I hope he lets me use it. And it is great how they do Farm Aid, Neil Young with Willie Nelson and Sammy Hagar, and all of those guys, so great. ( Sammy Hagar was friends with the lady who I rented from in Malibu, and Sammy was in our living room one night hanging out, it was great. )

Anaheim owns Angel Stadium, and we can have concerts for charity here, and we also have the Pearson Park Amphitheater here which has 2,000 seats and an area where people can serve food and drinks to guests, and there is room to sell merchandise, etc. Sammy, Willie, Neil, and all of those guys are welcome to do charity events here whenever they want, and the people of Orange County are very charitable. They can do concerts to fund farm communes where the homeless can go live and work on a farm, etc. I was going to produce a concert at Angel Stadium to raise money to help the Foster Children, with the Chili Peppers and other local bands.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: June 10, 2024, 03:14:25 AM »

"The diamonds are in our hands" - Israeli special forces after launching a daring rescue mission to free some more of the hostages.
The 'diamonds' were hidden among refugees.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: June 10, 2024, 06:38:58 AM »

Freak wave washes people off rocks south of Sydney...two women deceased, others injured.

Yes, add "freak waves" to the list of killers from which to protect yourself.
Guns are no help for this one.
Life jackets sure are though.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: June 10, 2024, 12:32:40 PM »

Freak wave washes people off rocks south of Sydney...two women deceased, others injured.

Yes, add "freak waves" to the list of killers from which to protect yourself.
Guns are no help for this one.
Life jackets sure are though.
When I was up to The Canyon a few years ago, a female newbie tourist approached a park Ranger and, noting the lack of guardrails or walls, asked him, what is to stop people from falling in. The ranger looked over at the tourists at the rim looked back, shrugged his shoulders and said, "common sense". Pity that is a characteristics so many people from Australia lack.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 617