Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 623

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 200002 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9030 on: June 10, 2024, 10:38:56 PM »

Rick Steves can find pot and hash in some truly tricky places. He has built a nice career for himself.

I have had a negative energy bill here in San Diego the last two months and am building up a credit surplus with SDGE, the local electric and gas company. Newsom and Biden really know how to take care of their people. A good breakfast is between 8 and 12 bucks here depending on how much you want to stuff yourself. Of course if you want to spend more you can.

The stain of rightwing government and the chaos it causes has created deep wounds in Australia that will take decades of center left governing to heal.

More like the Right is on the rise again, people seem to have had enough of lefist Albo and his ilk.
Maybe won't get him out of office next election, but for sure the one after that...if seemingly brainwashed Left at school 16 yr olds don't get to vote.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 10:42:58 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: June 10, 2024, 11:23:41 PM »

I have had some great stories from my travels. I was in Rome in 2003 when George W. Bush was President of the United States, and Berlusconi was running Italy, and the Pope was Pope John Paul II, we were at war over 9/11 and Italy was on our team, and Bush was in Italy meeting with Berlusconi, I have an Italian newspaper with Bush on the front page. We smoked hashish from Turkey, and we drank coffee from Colombia, and we smoked American cigarettes, and we drank Peroni Beer from Italy.

On my first day in Rome in my neighborhood, I went into the hostel and went to sleep, and when I came out the next morning someone had plastered the walls of our neighborhood with communist propaganda posters, so I walked down the street tearing down the posters and throwing them into the trash cans. As I was tearing down the posters the shop owners were watching me and they all started clapping, and all of the people started clapping, and I had this whole crowd cheering me on as I tore down the communist propaganda posters and threw them in the trash cans. The shop owners all loved me, and I was there for 6 weeks and the restaurants treated me to free meals, and pubs gave me free beers, and I had roommates who were soldiers from Sicily who all bought me beers, they treated me like a King. It was great.

I tried to meet Pope John Paul II when I was in Rome, but he was not feeling well at the time, he had been in the hospital. But I did get to visit the Vatican, it is beautiful.

And I tried to get work with the Italian Cinema at Cinecitta, but I could not get hired. And Scorsese had just been there making "The Gangs of New York."

Rome is an amazing place, I plan to return someday, it would be a great place to own a night club, maybe on Via Cavour, or in that area. When I was there a shop owner on Via Cavour played guitar for Peter Gabriel, and he did a show at the Roman Forum every Sunday afternoon. We also had the Saint Louis College of Music in our neighborhood, and they all smoked hash all night and day in front of the music school, and drank beer at Gianni's coffee shop on the corner at night, the neighborhood was full of musicians and artists, and there is a subway that goes to Cinecitta, Rome is great.

And Breakfast here at Norm's is about between $8 to $14 depending, you can get a nice omelette for about $8 or a T-Bone Steak and Eggs with Pancakes and Hash Browns for $14, and the prices are about the same at Denny's.

The Mediterranean Diet is still a winner on prices for home cooking, a pot of pasta is always a winner, etc. I could cook enough pasta to feed 8 people for $20.

For the desperate, starving people, the Mexicans here have chickens for eggs, even in the cities they have chickens in their yards for eggs, and they grow prickly pear cactus, and they eat the cactus with scrambled eggs and with salsa and tortillas, etc. They live on scrambled eggs and cactus that they raise themselves. You can hear the roosters crowing in the mornings, even in the cities. These Mexicans in California are strong people, and they all help each other to survive, they have 10 people in a 1 bedroom apartment, and they do hard back-breaking labor, the women work as maids at the hotels by Disneyland, etc, and the men are Landscapers, and construction workers, etc. I had a neighbor who had chickens on the balcony of his apartment for eggs. They all drink beer and eat tacos at the bodega at night, and they celebrate the good life of being employed as Landscapers, etc. They love carne asada, but if they have to then they can survive on cactus and scrambled eggs with salsa and tortillas.

We also have a Salvation Army Food Bank for whoever needs it, no questions asked for a free box of food.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 11:27:28 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: June 10, 2024, 11:57:50 PM »

Rick Steves can find pot and hash in some truly tricky places. He has built a nice career for himself.

I have had a negative energy bill here in San Diego the last two months and am building up a credit surplus with SDGE, the local electric and gas company. Newsom and Biden really know how to take care of their people. A good breakfast is between 8 and 12 bucks here depending on how much you want to stuff yourself. Of course if you want to spend more you can.

The stain of rightwing government and the chaos it causes has created deep wounds in Australia that will take decades of center left governing to heal.

More like the Right is on the rise again, people seem to have had enough of lefist Albo and his ilk.
Maybe won't get him out of office next election, but for sure the one after that...if seemingly brainwashed Left at school 16 yr olds don't get to vote.

You have no idea because you never go out and never talk to anybody. If it were left to you Australia would be over already. There would just be a bullet riddled pile of corpses with crows picking out the juicy bits. That is where your political philosophy inevitably leads every time anyone tries it out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: June 11, 2024, 01:27:11 AM »

I sent a message to the Pope on Facebook, it is good that he knows that Australia and the USA need help on the issue of training the homeless to be farmers, etc, and on the issue of bringing down high food costs, and once we succeed and turn our homeless into farmers, etc, then we can help to feed the poor and the needy globally.

And we were built on the foundation provided by Athens, and Rome, we are an extension that goes on, with the USA, and with Latin America, and the Philippines, etc.

Here in Anaheim we have the Knights of Columbus, and it all goes back to King Ferdinand and Isabella, and the Pope.

And we need to raise good children who respect other people and who have empathy and sympathy and compassion, and we have the United Nations and the CIA and we can prevent wars, we can have world peace. The President of Ukraine needs to visit the Russian Tea Room in New York City and he needs to enlist the help of the good Russians who are on our team, we can use money to elevate our allies to power, while we can send Putin to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. And our people need to want to feed the poor and help the orphans, etc, like the Bible tells us in Matthew 25; 31-46. And the San Miguel Corporation of the Philippines can help us, and they can help to create farming jobs, etc, and maybe they want to invest in the Entertainment Industry.

We need to build schools instead of prisons, and we need to raise our children to be doctors and scientists and teachers instead of homeless drug addicted criminals, etc.

And we have Kiwanis International, along with UNICEF, and the Pope, and the Peace Corps, etc. We need to keep marching.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: June 11, 2024, 02:31:11 AM »

If things keep going the way they are....... (not even Trump could do anything differently without law changes, because everyone is currently entitled to sanctuary).......New York will soon become a fairytale.
Hotels are being taken from tourists and given to migrants...135 hotels so far. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: June 11, 2024, 02:45:15 AM »

You have no idea because you never go out and never talk to anybody. If it were left to you Australia would be over already. There would just be a bullet riddled pile of corpses with crows picking out the juicy bits. That is where your political philosophy inevitably leads every time anyone tries it out.

If it had been left to me, I would've made Britain supply Australia with nuclear weapons in return for allowing it to test atomic bombs in Australia.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: June 11, 2024, 02:52:51 AM »

The New York Tri-State area has a population of 1.6 million Russian-Americans and 600,000 of them live in New York City. There are over 220,000 Russian-speaking Jews living in New York City. Approximately 100,000 Russian Americans in the New York metropolitan area were born in Russia.

-------

Zelenskyy needs to go to the Russian Tea Room in New York City to get help.

And immigrants built New York, New York was made as a place for immigrants to live. Italians love New York, and more Italians live in New York than in Rome, Italy.

New York also has Bensonhurst, and Little Italy, and China Town, and the Greenwich Village, and NYU, and the great Acting schools, etc, along with the Metropolitan Opera, and the Ballet, and Broadway, etc, and the Bank of New York which was founded by Alexander Hamilton and which was the first company listed on the New York Stock Exchange and which is the official bank of Israel, etc.

If you are in Manhattan, then I recommend the Biscuits and Gravy at Crazy Otto's restaurant, he also has restaurants in Lancaster, California.

New York has Jews as Landlords for the renters. I like the Jews for Landlords instead of a heartless corporation, and I had a Landlord from Taiwan who was fantastic, it is great to have a good caring Landlord with a heart. And my Manager Esperanza was from Guadalajara, Mexico, and she was great, she was Christian and she helped a lot of people including helping many children. And some friends caught some mahi mahi while deep sea fishing in the Pacific Ocean and we cooked the fish and made fish tacos for everyone in the apartment complex and had a taco party with a live band by the swimming pool, and also the Landlord bought Pizza, it was great, it is nice to have a Landlord with a heart.

Anyhow, New York will be fine. And the Italians and Jews are powerful in New York, and the Irish, and the Russians, and those guys on Wall Street are brilliant.

And we can back up New York with Gold from Battle Mountain, Nevada.

Also Hollywood and New York are very close, and we both have the Entertainment Industry, etc. And Empire West is full of people in the Entertainment Industry from New York, etc.

New York will be fine.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: June 11, 2024, 02:54:44 AM »

If it had been left to me, I would've made Britain supply Australia with nuclear weapons in return for allowing it to test atomic bombs in Australia.

No one leaves anything to you, proven failson.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: June 11, 2024, 09:36:22 AM »

Truly one of your funniest lines.  Dont ever change.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: June 11, 2024, 01:50:35 PM »

Have not looked yet but could the panel be called All About Steve?

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: June 11, 2024, 03:56:52 PM »

No one likes us
I don't know why
We may not be perfect
But heaven knows we try
But all around
Even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the big one
And see what happens

We give them money
But are they grateful
No, they're spiteful
And they're hateful
They don't respect us
So let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one
And pulverize them

Asia's crowded
And Europe's too old
Africa's far too hot
And Canada's too cold
And South America stole our name
Let's drop the big one
There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia
Don't want to hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an all American amusement park there
They've got surfing, too

Boom goes London
And boom Paris
More room for you
And more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it'll be
We'll set everybody free
You'll have Japanese kimonos, baby
There'll be Italian shoes for me
They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
Let's drop the big one now

When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: June 11, 2024, 06:46:59 PM »

Have not looked yet but could the panel be called All About Steve?

Yes, they are a match, but two separate caricatures! 🫣🤫😂

You have brought forward the total blockhead qualities of Miller.

Your Bannon is properly creepy in a serial sex offender way that really captures the essence of the man.

Sorry you ever had to think about horrid cunty shitbags like this at all.

Personality defects like Jimmy are largely to blame that either of these murder hobos have risen to any kind of prominence.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: June 12, 2024, 01:53:02 AM »

Truly one of your funniest lines.  Dont ever change.

The first bit was from a tv station scroll thru [maybe Sky News, maybe another, I am suffering with Covid atm and am not 100% alert [yes, I know "you're never 100% alert"  :) ]
Someone should blow Covid up!

The 135 hotels bit is from a Youtube video.
The video host explained it all thoroughly...how some of the 135 hotels were actually broke and closed, resurrected for the homing of migrants, at great expense to someone, likely taxpayers.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: June 12, 2024, 03:12:24 AM »

Now that right wing America is no longer able to work, take care of itself or raise children some expenditure is necessary to ensure the future of the Great American Experiment.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: June 12, 2024, 04:02:48 AM »

Now that right wing America is no longer able to work, take care of itself or raise children some expenditure is necessary to ensure the future of the Great American Experiment.

If Leftists in America weren't awakened from their slumber by the 'millions' of pro-Palestine supporters marauding thru their streets recently, anarchy ruling the landscape, then really there's no hope for them.
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 623