Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 624

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 201234 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9240 on: June 25, 2024, 08:39:36 PM »

Oh dear...

my motto up until now has been "always blame someone else".

Ha ha ha. No, that does not work.

I went through leadership training with an orphan as my partner for the course, and it was powerful, my Father died when I was 9, and she lost both of her parents, so we went through a lot of growth. It was with I-Source Leadership Training in Marina Del Rey, California, with Tim Randolph, it was powerful. I let go of a lot of baggage and I grew as a person, and as a leader.

And I shared some of my ideas with the Governor of Kentucky, he seems like a cool guy. I think he wants to give an education and job training to all of the people of Kentucky. And they have an exciting new movie and television studio being built in Kentucky.

I also wrote to the Bare Elegance Gentleman's Club and I told them to open a new club with a giant Mediterranean Garden next door to the Rock and Brews club that is owned by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. Strip clubs and Rock clubs go good together, and I am sure Gene and Paul would approve of having a Bare Elegance club next to their Rock and Brews club here in Orange County.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: June 25, 2024, 09:54:56 PM »

It is important for people to let go of the baggage and to let go of the blame and victim-hood so they can enjoy the new day and the future without letting the past ruin the future. And in California then each neighborhood has its own new vibe, and we have paradise and the ghetto right next to each other, and you need to leave the ghetto behind so that you can enjoy the paradise. And you might be homeless one day, and then be living in Malibu, or Topanga, or somewhere the next day. And we have Hollywood, and Anaheim is cool, etc.

And I think Kentucky is going to do some great things, it is going to get better for the families of the poor coal miners. But, they need to let the poverty go, they need to leave the poverty behind so that they can enjoy success. One thing we know is that educated people appreciate an education more than someone who is uneducated, so we will start this great chain reaction as we educate people and more people will go back to school. And we need to teach everyone how to read, etc, and we need libraries and coffee shops, etc.

Marina Del Rey is nice like Cannes, and I have a French friend there who owns her own yacht, she just bought a house on the beach but she lived on her yacht for many years. She works in the Fashion Industry in Beverly Hills, etc. She is in a whole different mindset than the rest of the world, she is in her own zone. She is not my type, but I like her as a friend, and I like to see her at clubs when she shows up to see our mutual friends jam, etc. Anyhow, Marina Del Rey is nice, but you have to leave the ghetto behind so that you can enjoy the charm of Marina Del Rey.

And we create our own atmosphere that travels with us wherever we go, but you still have to be careful in the bad areas.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: June 26, 2024, 12:20:35 AM »

It is exciting that Mexico has a Jewish President now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/03/world/americas/claudia-sheinbaum-jewish-mexico-president.html

Mexico can expand trade with Israel, and with Lebanon, etc, and Mexico can send them food, and Israel can teach many good things to Mexico, everyone will benefit from improved relations between Mexico and with Israel and with Lebanon, etc.

Also Pope Francis is in the G-7 and can help in the Middle East and in Russia, etc. The Catholic Church is also involved in China, etc, and in the Philippines, etc.

And I told the Pope and everyone else that Zelenskyy needs to come to the Russian Tea Room in New York City to ask for help. New York has a lot of power.

Mexico can also send food to Northgate Markets in the USA and they could go to Australia, etc. Kentucky can get cheap food from Mexico while the people of Kentucky go back to school and get job training, etc, Northgate Markets can open in Kentucky, etc.

And I told the Pope about the Kiwanis International owned Village in Victoria, British Columbia, for the refugee children.

We also need to promote Farming in the USA, and we need to teach people how to hire Farm Workers with the United Farm Workers, etc. We can put the homeless people to work growing food and making cheese, etc. And the refugees need to be connected with UNION jobs, etc, and they need to be protected by our rules and laws. It would be good to make our immigrants legal like Reagan did.

And Beverly Hills is going to love Mexico now that Mexico has a Jewish President, and Barbra Streisand will love her.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: June 26, 2024, 10:54:41 AM »

Another motto of mine is "always have an excuse".
One l learnt and perfected over time...from/in the workplace etc.

mrs bambu "you always have an excuse" ...lol

Another is "never promise anything"...then you can't fail to keep your promises...and you don't need excuses.

Another is "never admit liability" ( insurance companies are big on that one).

« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 03:11:24 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: June 26, 2024, 11:19:04 AM »

Another is "never promise anything"...then you can't fail to keep your promises...and you don't need an excuses.

If you were my employee I would fire you. What a pathetic worm.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

The word of the lord.

Thanks be to God.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: June 26, 2024, 12:28:27 PM »

Another is "never promise anything"...then you can't fail to keep your promises...and you don't need an excuses.

If you were a reasonable and wise employer you would know how hard every one of your staff had been working all day and wouldn't be coming around and saying not too kindly "what have you been doing all day?"
You would know that a person at an office enquiry counter serving customers all day isn't going to be able to do a stack of work at a desk as well.

Where I worked, the branch manager and supervisors were not the employer, they just did annual reports to head office.

So, (it wasn't special for me, other staff were also subjected to the "what have you been doing all day?" bullying)...I started making a list of how my time was spent during the day...to the 'minute'...and would rattle that off in reply.
They stopped asking after a while.
Then you'd get transferred to another branch and have to go thru the whole process again.
The organisation never really employed enough staff to do the work properly.
...as a result staff would cut corners...and always have an excuse.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 12:52:10 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: June 26, 2024, 12:36:23 PM »

If you were a reasonable and wise employer you would know how hard every one of your staff had been working all day and wouldn't be coming around and saying not too kindly "what have you been doing all day?"
You would know that a person at an office enquiry counter serving customers all day isn't going to be able to do a stack of work at a desk as well.
It has nothing to do with micromanaging or over assigning. It has everything to do with accepting responsibility, learning and growing. It does not matter the role; passing the buck is the hallmark of a useless employee. People like you belong on the morning shift at an Adelaide bowling alley renting shoes, at best.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

The word of the lord.

Thanks be to God.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: June 26, 2024, 01:20:02 PM »

It has nothing to do with micromanaging or over assigning. It has everything to do with accepting responsibility, learning and growing. It does not matter the role; passing the buck is the hallmark of a useless employee. People like you belong on the morning shift at an Adelaide bowling alley renting shoes, at best.

Accept responsibilty?
Senior cop once told me that in an accident "always blame the other guy, because he will be blaming you, for sure and certain."

Renting shoes at a bowling alley would've been 'heaven' compared to being abused in "what have you been doing all day" world.
That would now be paying $24 per hour, the minimum wage was just increased.

I stayed in the organisation as long as I could, for the cheap healthcare, 50% discounted home loan interest rate...and played the game.
"That man is a delicate soul, he gets nervous sick a lot."
Stay home, get a doctor's certificate, you got full pay.
Eventually they got the message.
Co workers will try to blame you for things.
We learned to guard our keys, sign in codes, access cards with our 'lives'.
Gotta watch all people around money, especially gamblers.

Oh, and women were allowed to verbally abuse you, loudly if they felt like it, without censure.
They can't do that today.

I am thankful though that the job I had there then existed...because it doesn't exist now.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 01:26:36 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: June 26, 2024, 01:37:47 PM »

It has everything to do with micromanaging and over assigning, playing favourites and being unfair.
Knowing this I was able to advise mrs bambu later in life when she was employed by a multi national.
"Never finish your work by lunch time, because if you do they'll load you up with half of one of a slacker's work, and you'll get stuck doing it permanently."
"Never be a 'willing horse', because you'll get 'flogged'.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 02:55:37 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: June 26, 2024, 01:38:11 PM »

I would not trust Bambu to touch shoes in a professional setting. He would just cut corners and make excuses.

He finally has the only job he was ever qualified for, doing sweet fuck all.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: June 26, 2024, 02:01:42 PM »

I would not trust Bambu to touch shoes in a professional setting. He would just cut corners and make excuses.

I guaranty you that if his worthless ass had been replaced by someone willing to actually work and accept responsibility he would have claimed he was being discriminated against because he is white.

He is Chris.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIG8Ar-teE

The word of the lord.

Thanks be to God.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: June 26, 2024, 03:10:14 PM »

One navigates life and the workforce the best way one can, and if one is wise he/she will look after himself/herself first, and do "whatever it takes" (legally of course) to survive.
Whatever it takes. Take every advantage possible, play the game, "nice" often works, as does flattery.
You know, the usual...let the boss win at golf, know your place.
The alternative is unemployment, homelessness, the street.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 03:18:21 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: June 26, 2024, 03:17:13 PM »

Bambu, somehow your job at the banks sounds like Nathaniel Hawthorne in "The Scarlet Letter" when he is talking about working at a Customs House in New England in the early days of America. Life is hard when you are not living your dreams and when you find no fulfillment in your job.

Here in America we have the "American Dream" and California has the "California Dream" and so life is different when you are living your dreams, when you are living your dreams then you are motivated by more than money, and you rise to greatness because you are living your dreams.

In America you might have been like Alexander Hamilton who founded the Bank of New York.

And when people or circumstances start sucking your soul out of you, then one needs to change things, one needs to change jobs, or change locations, etc. I went all the way to Italy to try to work in the Italian Cinema. We need to keep our dreams alive. When I worked at Universal Studios then everyone wanted for me to buy the studio, I would love to buy Universal Studios. It is important for good people like me to be at the top so that I can protect the poor people. We need for good Christians to be at the top. And I would be altruistic. And I would be the kind of Boss who brings out the best in everyone. We will see what happens. I need a good wife as a helper. You are lucky to have a good wife Bambu.

Max Weber wrote about how bureaucracies ruin people, and that was what you experienced Bambu, I am sorry you went through that. But, you are a survivor, and you made the most of it. And now you try to help others in your retirement via your computer and internet connection. I am sure a lot of people have read your posts over the years. You seem like a good person, you just did not have the right environment, and you did the best you could with your situation. And I respect you for not being a criminal nor a thief, you are a good Christian and I respect that.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: June 26, 2024, 03:48:27 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-public-corruption-bribery-89774f1e3cd6f1a353718b7ce3ff18a0

Scrotus just made it harder to fight public corruption.  And easier to give bribes.  Given the attitude towards professional ethics on the current Court, that's not too surprising.

sweet fuck all.

Did you spend some time over in the UK?  I hear a Britishism from you now and then, just wondered.  When I was there people would sometimes code switch that to sweet Fanny Adams when in mixed company (i.e. not with mates). 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: June 26, 2024, 04:08:13 PM »

One navigates life and the workforce the best way one can, and if one is wise he/she will look after himself/herself first, and do "whatever it takes" (legally of course) to survive.
Whatever it takes. Take every advantage possible, play the game, "nice" often works, as does flattery.
You know, the usual...let the boss win at golf, know your place.
The alternative is unemployment, homelessness, the street.
Did it ever occur to you that you gave your boss good reason to ask you what you did all day? They knew you for the goldbricking loser bent on doing just enough to not get fired that you are.

The word of the lord.

Thanks be to God.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 624