Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243731 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9720 on: August 16, 2024, 06:21:33 PM »

Like a lady in the NYT forums told me:
"Dead terrorists don't kill anyone".

The same "argument" can be used when you substitute the word "murderers" for "terrorists".
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: August 16, 2024, 06:56:05 PM »

The same "argument" can be used when you substitute the word "murderers" for "terrorists".
And?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: August 16, 2024, 07:03:26 PM »

Ask Bambu
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: August 16, 2024, 07:22:54 PM »

Maybe not. But they tend to replicate.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9724 on: August 16, 2024, 08:59:44 PM »

Maybe not. But they tend to replicate.

WE DONT DIE WE MULTIPLY!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: August 16, 2024, 09:05:34 PM »

Okay, we have a case for the ACLU; the new stadiums are using Facial Recognition, which means they have a Facial Recognition Data Base of everyone who goes to a concert there, etc.

Could you imagine if they tried to have Facial Recognition at Woodstock?

The ACLU needs to take on the issue of Facial Recognition at Stadiums.

I wish Jim Ladd was still alive, he gave out the number of the White House over the issue of Paraquat, he would hate Facial Recognition.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: August 16, 2024, 09:46:17 PM »

Sky News screen now,

* Hamas ditch latest ceasefire talks
* Iran & Hezbollah pose imminent threat
* Threat of Racial Islamists to the West
* Liberal Muslim backs Israel over Hamas
* Islamists silence dissenting views
* Brave Muslim woman calls out Hamas

Well there you go.
Must go find out exactly what a "racial islamist" is.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 11:03:20 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: August 16, 2024, 11:19:51 PM »

A new movie is being made about Queen Farah Pahlavi. The extremists rioted over cartoons, I wonder what will happen with a movie about Queen Farah Pahlavi?

And we have Mahlagha Jaberi here in Los Angeles, along with 1 Million Persians from Iran.

And we must support Youth For Christ as they help the poor in Mexico, etc. And Kiwanis International, and UNICEF, etc, and the Catholic Church, etc. And the YMCA. etc. And the Peace Corps, etc.

A movement can happen, and then the sanctions can be removed for Iran and they can educate their people with the oil money, etc, they can all be Teachers, etc, and Farmers, etc, and they can make cheese, etc. And they can grow eggplant the size of watermelons like the Jews do in Israel. They need to learn to be happy with some good Eggplant Parmesan, a nice bottle of wine, some pasta, some nice wild rabbit meat, and a beautiful woman to share it with. Their standard of living can improve if they accept peace and education, etc. And they can all read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, and "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers, etc.

And the World Bank can help to start a good peaceful economy in Iran with Agriculture, and profiting from the oil, and they can train Teachers, and Doctors, and Psychiatrists, etc. And the women need equal rights as the men, and equal pay for equal work. And the Greeks can help the Persians with exporting and importing, etc. We need to have peace and teamwork.

What do you guys think will happen when the movie comes out about Queen Farah Pahlavi? This is going to be a big deal.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 11:23:02 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: August 17, 2024, 02:57:40 AM »

A new movie is being made about Queen Farah Pahlavi. The extremists rioted over cartoons, I wonder what will happen with a movie about Queen Farah Pahlavi?

And we have Mahlagha Jaberi here in Los Angeles, along with 1 Million Persians from Iran.

And we must support Youth For Christ as they help the poor in Mexico, etc. And Kiwanis International, and UNICEF, etc, and the Catholic Church, etc. And the YMCA. etc. And the Peace Corps, etc.

A movement can happen, and then the sanctions can be removed for Iran and they can educate their people with the oil money, etc, they can all be Teachers, etc, and Farmers, etc, and they can make cheese, etc. And they can grow eggplant the size of watermelons like the Jews do in Israel. They need to learn to be happy with some good Eggplant Parmesan, a nice bottle of wine, some pasta, some nice wild rabbit meat, and a beautiful woman to share it with. Their standard of living can improve if they accept peace and education, etc. And they can all read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, and "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers, etc.

And the World Bank can help to start a good peaceful economy in Iran with Agriculture, and profiting from the oil, and they can train Teachers, and Doctors, and Psychiatrists, etc. And the women need equal rights as the men, and equal pay for equal work. And the Greeks can help the Persians with exporting and importing, etc. We need to have peace and teamwork.

What do you guys think will happen when the movie comes out about Queen Farah Pahlavi? This is going to be a big deal.

Salute,

Tony V.

They might have a big party, celebrating their takeover.

Right now Iran is the enemy of Israel and therefore the West.
Pity Washington and the West gave it anything, including that 11 billion dollars or whatever it was.
Oh the folly of all that.
Oh well, it's too late now.

Missiles need to be sent to Israel immediately, ...big missiles, medium missiles, and small missiles with which to whack Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas.
Israel must be saved, not allowed to fall into the clutches of the West's enemies.
In case anyone has forgotten...New York was blown up by Islamic terrorists.
London was blown up by Islamic terrorists.
Terror attacks all thru Europe by Islamic terrorists.
Oct 7, ...barbaric, evil torture murder attacks on Jewish families in Israel by Islamic terrorists.
Time Islamic terrorists were put out of business.

Washington short on money for missiles...debt ceiling reached?
No worries, ring around...sufficient sums could surely be raised.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 03:19:09 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: August 17, 2024, 02:49:13 PM »

Rockwell used to make the Space Shuttles and the B-1 Bombers, Rockwell was a great American company, it is all gone now.

Then Boeing bought what was left of Rockwell, and now Boeing is having problems.

We have Lockheed, and Northrop, and JPL, but we need to save Boeing.

I sent a message to Edwards, and to NASA, and to Boeing, and I told them that we need to save Boeing. Boeing needs all new leadership, and they can add some Jewish-Americans to the leadership and we can help to defend Israel.

And we need to fully fund the Peace Corps, and the Peace Corps needs to be very busy in Mexico and in Latin America, and globally.

And we have Kiwanis International which is global, and Kiwanis has a Village for refugees in Victoria, British Columbia.

Maybe Boeing can get a contract to make the Police Helicopters quieter, right now the helicopters are very loud, and they wake people up at night when the police fly their helicopters over the housing, maybe Mayor Bass and other Mayors will pay a lot of money to have Boeing make their police helicopters quieter, and then make all future helicopters quieter. It would be a way for Boeing to make some money to help to save Boeing while serving the community.

And we have the CIA, we need for the CIA to be well funded, and we need for them to stop problems before they happen. Preventing war should be the best way.

The movie about Queen Farah Pahlavi is on the way, they are going to make it, we will see what happens, and Mahlagha Jaberi is ready. And we have 1 million Persians in Los Angeles, we need to make the peace with the Persians. We need to put the good peaceful Persians in charge of Iran. I will send ideas the whole time with this computer when the movie about Queen Farah Pahlavi comes out, and it would be good if Mahlagha and others had plans now before it comes out so they are ready.

And I helped to make peace with China personally, I had the Daughter of a Chinese General as a roommate in Malibu for 1 year, and we made peace. China is our ally, and we can go to Mars together, and we can cure Cancer together, etc. And we can send Sunkist Oranges, and California wine to China, etc.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: August 17, 2024, 03:04:19 PM »

It is so sad about Matthew Perry, and the drug dealers were just playing him for an ignorant sucker. They charged him $55,000 for drugs that cost $12, and then they injected him with a lethal dose. If I was a friend of Mathew then I would have been kicking ass. My Uncle, here in Anaheim, his neighbors were giving him free heroin, they had him so addicted, it was very hard to get him clean, and I had to take on a whole gang myself and tell the fuckers to stay away and to stop giving heroin to my Uncle. He finally died of a drug over-dose here in my apartment, I could not save him. Drugs suck.

Just say "NO" to drugs.

Smoke pot, drink wine, and in the morning have some coffee, but avoid the drugs.

And if you are a star then they are going to offer you free drugs, and for the beautiful women then they will be offered free drugs, etc. People need to say "NO" to the drugs. And they even injected John Belushi when he was passed out, and killed him.

I hate the drugs. I had a professor who worked at the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs helping stars to get clean, and he made it sound like a great job, but I know that it is very hard to help people to get clean and sober.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: August 17, 2024, 03:55:39 PM »

I sent a message to the San Miguel Corporation of the Philippines and I invited them to come do Business here in Hollywood, and I asked them to please help to save San Francisco, and Oakland, and San Bernardino, here in California.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: August 17, 2024, 04:29:09 PM »

Tony, I mean no disrespect, I am just asking you to respect this is a news DISCUSSION thread and not your personal blog.  Could you please go to a free blogging site, set one up, and then you can share the link with members here who might be interested in your many opinions and random thoughts about beautiful women, movie stars, life in California, the Philippines, personal family stories, your unique solutions to social problems, Battle Mountain, Italy, entrepreneur dreams, and so on. 

I am confident using a web hosting service in this way would connect you better to that segment of humanity that shares your own interests and tastes, and mean fewer people who feel they must scroll past your content.  And that venue might attract someone better positioned to help you with one of your screenwriting ideas or other possible business ventures you have dreamed about.  Otherwise, it is all too easy for a person to piss away their life dreaming about some plan that never comes to anything.

Salute,

Paul N.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: August 17, 2024, 08:07:18 PM »

Tony, I mean no disrespect.

Of course you do.

Tony at least has the dedication to what interests him.

And it pisses you off he ignores yours.

Regards,

Elon

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: August 17, 2024, 09:03:51 PM »

Tony, I mean no disrespect, I am just asking you to respect this is a news DISCUSSION thread and not your personal blog.  Could you please go to a free blogging site, set one up, and then you can share the link with members here who might be interested in your many opinions and random thoughts about beautiful women, movie stars, life in California, the Philippines, personal family stories, your unique solutions to social problems, Battle Mountain, Italy, entrepreneur dreams, and so on. 

I am confident using a web hosting service in this way would connect you better to that segment of humanity that shares your own interests and tastes, and mean fewer people who feel they must scroll past your content.  And that venue might attract someone better positioned to help you with one of your screenwriting ideas or other possible business ventures you have dreamed about.  Otherwise, it is all too easy for a person to piss away their life dreaming about some plan that never comes to anything.

Salute,

Paul N.

I discuss things with Tony in this forum.

I find Tony's posts extremely interesting.
They give me an insight into California, how homelessness is being tackled there and in America.
What's being done about drug addiction.
How there's going to be a very fast train.
How Kentucky is approaching hunger...and is improving its balance sheet.
I like reading his personal life stories, hopes and dreams.

Anyone finding Tony's posts unbearable can always just scroll on by or put him on ignore.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 05:42:05 AM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 669