Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243492 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9810 on: August 22, 2024, 12:34:03 AM »

Being Governor of Minnesota means that Tim Walz thinks differently than someone from a place with a warmer climate, because a homeless person will freeze and die in a cold weather location. In Battle Mountain, Nevada, we had a man freeze to death and die while walking home from the Tavern drunk in the winter when it was very cold. They have rooms for rent over the Tavern for $100 per month in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they do not let people walk home drunk from the Tavern in the winter when it is deadly cold out. So the people in Battle Mountain are good neighbors to each other because of the deadly cold in the winter, and so are the people in Minnesota. Tim Walz and the people of Minnesota all work together when it is deadly cold in the winter, and they do not have homeless people there in the winter. I also like how Tim Walz helped with the school lunch program, and I support feeding the students at school and that can help to motivate some people to go to school is for a free breakfast and lunch everyday, etc. I heard that some people in Kentucky will not go to school even if school is free, and that is sad, but maybe if the school feeds them then they will go to school for the free meals. And Tim Walz seems like he is good at motivating people and bringing people together as a team.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: August 22, 2024, 01:15:54 AM »

Kamala will want Donna Langley on her team, Langley is one of the most powerful women in the world as head of content for Universal...

https://www.universalpictures.com/leadership-team

Spielberg I am sure will support Kamala as well, and Spielberg has his office for Amblin and for Dreamworks at Universal.

And Kamala will want to make friends with the rich Jews from Showbiz. When I worked at Universal the most powerful man in Show Business was Lew Wasserman and he ate with me in the cafeteria at Universal, Lew was a great leader.

Ron Howard is also involved with Universal, and Rob Zombie, etc. I would bring Oliver Stone to Universal, and I would buy Playboy and I would bring back the Playboy Channel with great new adult programing including a new adult "Fantasy Island" and a new adult "Loveboat" and new adult Slocum Westerns, and adult "Beach Blanket Bingo" movies, etc. And I would expand the Universal City Walk shops to the Blvds all over Southern California, including Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, Van Nuys Blvd, Anaheim Blvd, and Lancaster Blvd in the desert, etc.

Anyhow, one of the most powerful women in the world is Donna Langley from Universal, we will see if she supports Kamala, and I am sure Spielberg will support Kamala, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: August 22, 2024, 03:57:12 PM »

They are closing Oki Dog in Hollywood, someone should save it and keep it open...

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/08/20/famed-punk-rock-hangout-spot-oki-dog-to-close-west-hollywood-location/

Oki Dog is right by CBS and all of the people from CBS eat there, and Oki Dog has been there for 30 years, I am sure they can find support to keep Oki Dog open, and Hollywood is full of chefs looking for a break, running Oki Dog and serving the people from CBS, etc, and the tourists, etc, and the Punk Rockers, would be a great break for some young chef who wants to run a famous restaurant. Plus Oki Dog is part of the community there, and they feed the homeless, etc. They need to keep Oki Dog open, some new hot young chef needs to keep Oki Dog open.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: August 22, 2024, 06:37:57 PM »

They are closing Oki Dog in Hollywood, someone should save it and keep it open...

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/08/20/famed-punk-rock-hangout-spot-oki-dog-to-close-west-hollywood-location/

Oki Dog is right by CBS and all of the people from CBS eat there, and Oki Dog has been there for 30 years, I am sure they can find support to keep Oki Dog open, and Hollywood is full of chefs looking for a break, running Oki Dog and serving the people from CBS, etc, and the tourists, etc, and the Punk Rockers, would be a great break for some young chef who wants to run a famous restaurant. Plus Oki Dog is part of the community there, and they feed the homeless, etc. They need to keep Oki Dog open, some new hot young chef needs to keep Oki Dog open.

Salute,

Tony V.

Is punk rock still a thing?

Maybe they wanna knock over Oki Dog paradise and put up a parking lot or shiny new office complex, hotel or other more profitable enterprise..
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: August 22, 2024, 09:32:15 PM »

I hope that they can save the Oki Dog on Fairfax and Willoughby in Hollywood by CBS, for sure the Teamsters all eat at Oki Dog along with the tourists and the Punk Rockers and others.

Here is a story, in the Moreno Valley of Riverside County they are going to spend $5 Million to train their residents to manufacture electric cars, in the hopes that an electric car company will come to the Moreno Valley and open a factory to hire their residents, etc. "If you build it, then they will come."

In Lancaster, California, they train workers for jobs manufacturing aircraft, and right now Antelope Valley College has a very successful Aircraft Manufacturing program with a 90% job placement rate.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 09:33:50 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: August 22, 2024, 11:33:56 PM »

Kamala gave a good speech, and ended it with "Now let us go write another chapter in the book of the greatest story ever told, the story of America."

And I think the whole issue of our Southern Border has changed with the election of President Claudia Sheinbaum, and Mexico can be a beautiful resort like Costa Rica with Agriculture and Mining and with Ports, etc, my Grandmother worked in Mexico opening Gold mines, and she helped to bring running water, electricity, paved roads, radio, television, telephones, etc, to some very poor parts of Mexico. Great things can happen in Mexico and in Latin America and in the Philippines.

Also Hollywood is building some new housing for Veterans on Sunset Blvd and they will have housing with doctors and psychiatrists and a pharmacy and with 3 meals per day, etc, they can hang out at the Whisky, and at the Rainbow, and they can have good lives in Hollywood. And there is Dan Tana's in West Hollywood, and the Troubadour, etc.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: August 23, 2024, 04:30:33 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20240822-why-burning-man-could-be-in-trouble

Will the originally anarchic event survive some degree of commodification? 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: August 23, 2024, 05:08:10 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20240822-why-burning-man-could-be-in-trouble

'Hedonistic drug-fueled orgy in the desert'?
'Torrential rain mud bath'?

Doesn't sound very "comfortable".

Think society at large has moved on from such events.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: August 23, 2024, 05:27:28 PM »

Society at large was never part of it. That is the whole point.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: August 23, 2024, 06:50:05 PM »

Society at large was never part of it. That is the whole point.

The attendees come from society.

Naked ladies seemed to be a large part of the attraction.
These days naked ladies are *everywhere* and no longer a mystery...so Burning Man is not the novelty it once was.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 06:54:47 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: August 23, 2024, 06:57:22 PM »

Has Hamas terror organisation agreed to the US- brokered cease fire /peace deal yet?

If not, why not?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: August 23, 2024, 09:05:38 PM »

In my old age my favorite concerts are ones that are charity galas, and stuff like Farm Aid with Willie Nelson is very cool, and like when Garth Brooks did some shows for charity, etc. In Anaheim we the Citizens own Angel Stadium and we can have concerts here to raise money to send the Orphans to College, etc, we can have Gwen Stefani, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and other bands play, and we can have great Finger Food for Charity, and Cocktails for Charity, etc. And they can sell T-Shirts, and other merchandise to raise money to help the Orphans, etc.

On the issue of the new Veterans' Housing in Hollywood, etc, there are a lot of jobs for Vets doing Security Work, and being Door Men, and they pay people to stand at the Gate, etc. I was a Door Man for Suzanne Pleshette. And if we can trust you to fly a Fighter Jet then we can trust you to park a Rolls Royce and to stand at the door. Sometimes Boxers take jobs as Door Men, etc. I had an idea for a new movie named "The Door Man" about an unemployed Actor who is starving and so he gets a job working as a Door Man for a famous Movie Star, and some Criminals try to extort money from the Movie Star, so the Door Man has to help to save the Movie Star. In the end the Good People win and he gets his big break as an Actor.

Anyhow, the best Concerts are the community events held for Charity.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: August 23, 2024, 10:53:08 PM »

A couple of great places for Concerts for Charity in Los Angeles County would be the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, and also MacArthur Park in Los Angeles with a party and feast at the Park Plaza Hotel there and the guests can sleep in the rooms at the hotel.

In Los Angeles the person in charge of watching over the Orphans is Supervisor Barger, so if people want to raise money to help the orphans then she is the person to contact...

https://lacounty.gov/government/board-of-supervisors/kathryn-barger/

Christmastime is a great time of year at Disneyland, and it would be great if someone threw a Charity Gala to raise money for a trust fund for an annual Disneyland trip for the orphans every year at Christmastime, and they can work it all out with Supervisor Barger in Los Angeles if they want to help the orphans of Los Angeles.

My Mother used to cut the hair of the boys in the Boy's Ranches in the desert, and she used to take me with her, I watched "Rocky" for the first time as a child with the Orphans, one guy was named "Spider," and they all had nick-names instead of real names, like the Gangs in Orange County, etc. So, I witnessed all of that. Then I went to Mexico as a Teen with Youth For Christ and we gave money and gifts to Orphans in Mexico, and to people living in a garbage dump, to share the Love of Christ with them, it was great. So, I have seen the actual first hand work of helping our troubled youth.

So, when people have a Concert, or a Party, or a Ball, then they can appoint the event to a Good Cause for Charity such as raising money to send the Orphans of Los Angeles to Disneyland every year at Christmas time, or to send the Orphans to College, or whatever, they can use the event to raise money to help the Orphans.

There was also "Alex's Lemonade Stand" at events to raise money for Charity to fight Cancer, and they can sell Oki Dogs at Dodger Games for Charity, or whatever. My friend and My Uncle raised $1 Million to feed the hungry, with Canning Hunger, by selling beer and hot dogs at Angel Games, etc. People can sell Finger Food, and Cocktails, and merchandise, etc, to raise money for Charity.

Kiwanis International can help and Kiwanis is Global.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 10:56:25 PM by FlyingVProd »

Middlesex

• View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: August 24, 2024, 06:41:42 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/22/centrism-language-israel-gaza

One of the most brilliant columns written on the Gaza War and the Orwellian use of language to get people to deny what their eyes are telling them.   And to embrace a false "moderate" position when they are just affirming a status quo that was never really a wise or sensible center.

The writer, Arwa Mahdawi, is one of the most incisive political writers presently working for any news outlet. 
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 669