Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 4064 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tennis
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »

Osaka with a boss move...

“You want press? Here ya go! I’m out!”

And here you trumpet yourself as an advocate for mental health.

I think you misread Larry's post as opposed to Osaka's move. I think he was approving. (I could be wrong.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2021, 10:37:47 AM »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10004777-yana-sizikova-arrested-at-2021-french-open-on-suspicion-of-match-fixing

That the gamblers watch things so closely as to point to a singular questionable moment is not that shocking, I suppose, but "Ooh! That double fault there! That's suspicious!" strikes me as a bit extreme compared to what I would have considered likely.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

Re: Tennis Asshole
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 06:09:04 PM »

The 34-year-old reigning Australian Open champion could easily have defended his title by getting a safe, highly effective vaccine that would protect him and others from the coronavirus. Instead, he, like some other high-profile athletes, has made a spectacle of trying to bend the rules - thereby showing that, besides COVID, the other sickness the world is fighting is selfishness... 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/01/novak-djokovic-vaccine-australia-special-treatment/621270/

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2023, 12:40:01 PM »

Why should you never marry a tennis player?
Because love means nothing to them.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!
Pages: 1 [2]