Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
November 18, 2017, 07:59:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR  (Read 1448 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2008, 08:22:17 PM »

Consider yourself corrected, you stuffy old bat.
weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

Resue when he was a cute little kitten

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2008, 09:48:25 PM »

Kid,

Corrected on what? That I don't care about ball sports? That I think men attach more importance to balls than they are worth?

And, whatever doe that have to do with motor sports? Did you come here to discuss racing? Or to complain because I don't salute your bat?
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2008, 10:18:14 PM »

You're an educator, high on herself beyond all compare - and do not see the value in athletics.

Sad.
weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2008, 06:05:37 AM »

Kid,

Tell me what athletic value is there in WATCHING a ball game?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »

There is value in watching a game, as you can use what you learn to play the game better yourself.

But your off-topic, as usual, weez.

The real issue with the NASCAR suit is that the woman was alledgedly mistreated because she was a woman and because she was black.

Something no one has yet to disprove.

Hence, the appearance of NASCAR as the last refuge of white supremecist sports fans in America remains in tact.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2008, 02:36:26 PM »

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Two officials suspended by NASCAR are accused in a $225 million lawsuit of exposing themselves to a former co-worker, the Associated Press has learned.
Tim Knox and Bud Moore have been placed on indefinite administrative paid leave.

NASCAR will not reveal the identities of the officials sent home Friday from Kentucky Speedway, but a person familiar with the investigation confirmed to AP on Saturday that Knox and Moore were suspended. The person requested anonymity because NASCAR's investigation is ongoing.

Great "sport".

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »

Utley,

You aren't gong to change my feeling about motor sports nor about ball sports, so you can just give up now. Oh, and "intact" is all one word -- but you kow that right?

I'm not sure that NASCAR deserves more criticism than other sports on moral issues. Remember last year when baseball was hauled before Congress for its acceptance of enhancement drugs? And, OJ Simpson may have killed his wife. And Michael Vick tortured dogs. And, on and on.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »

Speaking of tortured dogs...

CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Two officials suspended by NASCAR are accused in a $225 million lawsuit of exposing themselves to a former co-worker, the Associated Press has learned.
Tim Knox and Bud Moore have been placed on indefinite administrative paid leave.

NASCAR will not reveal the identities of the officials sent home Friday from Kentucky Speedway, but a person familiar with the investigation confirmed to AP on Saturday that Knox and Moore were suspended. The person requested anonymity because NASCAR's investigation is ongoing.

Great "sport".

And we know that other "sports" are all peopled by saints. Like Kobe(She said its okay. Really she did.[Here's a bag of cash, now STFU])Bryant.

Or Pete(I didn't do anything wrong)Rose.

Or, ...well...this list could go on all day now couldn't it. How bout the Black Sox??

Someone go to Vegas and get that Raider receiver. He's had enough for the time being.
yankguy
Superhero Member

"Take the pen"

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »

Did you mean to put that on this thread?

I just spent sixty days in the jailhouse. For the crime of having no dough, no no. Now here I am back out on the street. For the crime of having nowhere to go. Save your neck or save your brother. Looks like it's one or the other
Oh, you don't know the shape I'm in.
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2017, 11:31:45 AM »

Did you mean to put that on this thread?
Yes, to edit formatting.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »

Travel excessively speeding in a circle. Crash. Repeat.

The fans love crashes.

That's NASCAR.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: