Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
October 21, 2017, 02:30:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arts and Exhibitions  (Read 1704 times)
thanatopsy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »

Robert Rauschenberg, Titan of American Art, Is Dead at 82

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/14/arts/design/14rauschenberg.html?em&ex=1210824000&en=8c4579f706145a82&ei=5087%0A

quote:

"No American artist, Jasper Johns once said, invented more than Mr. Rauschenberg. Mr. Johns, John Cage, Merce Cunningham and Mr. Rauschenberg, without sharing exactly the same point of view, collectively defined this new era of experimentation in American culture. Apropos of Mr. Rauschenberg, Cage once said, “Beauty is now underfoot wherever we take the trouble to look.”

''Love much & be forgiven''

- - - Margaret Fuller
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2008, 07:11:50 PM »

Those must have been the rocks he wrote names on(or was that Tuli Kupferberg?). In which case, it may have been the turtles with flashlights on their backs.   I sat through one of those intimate "happenings" of his at my local art center back in the age of POP! and Camp, so I have rather mixed feelings about Rauschenberg, may he rest in peace.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: