Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Music  (Read 16115 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Music
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2024, 01:22:09 AM »

The Dragonfly is a great club in Hollywood with a great smoking section for guys like Carlos Santana and Willie Nelson who like to smoke pot.

https://dragonflyhollywood.com/

It says Hip Hop on the page, but Metal bands play there too, and the Punkers jam there too.

It would be a cool spot for Orianthi to jam at.

And the Hollywood Vampires, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2024, 12:38:00 PM »

What are your favorite Misheard Lyrics?  I have many (thanks to a minor neurological issue as a child with hearing certain sounds in speech, there was a time when I was the king of misheard lyrics), but the most fun are the ones you know must be wrong, but you enjoy hearing them that way.  An example:

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with colitis goes by...   
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2024, 12:44:18 PM »

Also works, albeit less well, in the opening verse of Hotel California.

Warm smell of colitis, rising up through the air...

I was rather advanced in years before I learned that "colitas" is Mexican slang for MJ buds.  A fact I'm sure serious Eagles fans appreciated.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2024, 05:40:13 PM »

What are your favorite Misheard Lyrics?  I have many (thanks to a minor neurological issue as a child with hearing certain sounds in speech, there was a time when I was the king of misheard lyrics), but the most fun are the ones you know must be wrong, but you enjoy hearing them that way.  An example:

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with colitis goes by...   

For what it is worth i just realized that the Whitney Houston song i had always heard as "Climb every mountain" is in fact "I'm every woman." IT IS THE TITLE OF THE FUCKING SONG AND IT TOOK ME 30 FUCKING YEARS TO FIGURE IT OUT.

Had a similar issue with an Adele song i thought was about a dead end job in a collection agency. "Should I give up or should I just keep chasing payments, even if it leads nowhere." Title of the song is "Chasing Pavements". Work it out, moron.

Also, a song whose lyrics i always heard as "We'll be smoking grass today". Any guesses?

Though not actually a mondagreen because I knew the right lyrics, I used to cheese off my college roommate by unintentionally singing a line of our school Alma mater, played for alums before football games, that sang of "ivy covered halls" as "ivory covered halls".
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2024, 06:46:54 PM »

Also, a song whose lyrics i always heard as "We'll be smoking grass today". Any guesses?

Jeremy - Pearl Jam?  Jeremy spoke in class today?

That mondegreen would lighten the song up a bit. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2024, 06:52:50 PM »

Jeremy - Pearl Jam?  Jeremy spoke in class today?
Yes
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2024, 11:56:39 AM »

Layla eases her worried mind over memorabilia.

Something in the way she collects things...

https://apnews.com/article/pattie-boyd-auction-george-harrison-eric-clapton-7d39c0ddc9dfbe4c81c8c80ef768cff4

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]