Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Television  (Read 3829 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Television
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2020, 02:38:41 PM »

I will have to go back and watch Black Museum now.  I seem to recall that i liked it but can't remember specifics.
KP tosses salads in dallas

oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Television
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2020, 12:55:43 PM »

The one that really had me on the edge of my seat was the B/W filmed one with the robot guard dog chasing that poor woman.  Also the shortest episode, though it seem plenty long enough.  One of several that looks at the problem when AI is driven by cold logic and seems unable to attain a conscious understanding.  The reveal at the end is heart-wrenching. 

"Black Museum" has to be taken as comedy, otherwise it is just heart-breaking and sick. 

The terror in "Hated in the Nation" is just visceral.  The one most likely to give me nightmares.  It's plausibility was very high, which was why it was so effective.  I was looking suspiciously at bees for days afterwards.  The story played well off the fears raised a few years back about the Africanized bees in the western hemisphere.  That fear, cubed. 

The storyline of "Metalheads" (the robot dog one) made me think of several old sci-fi stories where civilization has fallen but stupid robots are pointlessly defending property/goods of owners who no longer exist. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]