Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Television  (Read 21680 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Television
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2021, 09:34:42 PM »

Checking out the the fight to succeed the great Alec Trebec on Jeopardy. I liked the latest, long lost Katie Couric.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2021, 08:29:03 PM »

RIP Lucille Bluth.   
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

barton

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »

To see Annabelle Wallis,  as the barmaid/government op in "Peaky Blinders" is to fall in love.   It's generally a watchable dramatic series,  set between the world wars in Birmingham UK.   Sets and photography are outstanding, with a great cast that includes Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy.   

I want Ms Wallis to take out a TRO against me now,  save foolish expenditures on airfare,  that sort of thing. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2021, 05:03:40 PM »

Wanker.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2021, 07:13:00 PM »

Ha.   Well,  it's over.   I learned she can't handle apostrophes....

https://mobile.twitter.com/wallisannabelle/status/305659733317140480

Have you seen PB, btw?   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2021, 02:09:29 PM »

From DUST:
Neil Gaiman’s Sandman adaptation on Netflix is stirring up controversy already.  In the past few weeks, Gaiman’s blog posts have rubbed some the wrong way, as characters in the beloved comic series drawn as White will now have Black actors playing the roles in the television series.  A few fans took to Twitter to express their outrage, but Gaiman stood his ground.  Never a dull moment when you’re dealing with Death, Dream, Desire, and Despair.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2021, 08:29:22 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2021, 02:16:34 PM »

On the issue of "The Young and the Restless," they need to hire more young and restless people, all of the stars are getting old, they need more young people. And they need to deal with modern issues such as homelessness, the opioid epidemic, suicide, etc, and they can also have more diversity and they can have an immigrant from Colombia, and a Filipino, etc.

"The Young and the Restless" needs to hire more young and restless people and they need to address modern issues, with a cast which represents modern America.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:29:55 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »

Here is a soap for people who want to learn Italian...

Summertime on Netflix- a look at modern Italian teenage angst combined with today’s Italian pop sound. In Italian with subtitles. Good practice for fans of the Italian language and culture who are young at heart and love the soaps!

Link...

https://www.netflix.com/title/81004936

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2021, 01:49:55 PM »

I thought of an idea for a new Super Hero, the name of the new Super Hero could be "The Professor" and he could be a brilliant college professor who is secretly a Super Hero.

It has potential.

Indiana Jones comes to mind, and the creators could have a guy like Harrison Ford in mind as they create the character.

He can find a medallion in Egypt that gives him super powers.

A team of good writers could create a new television show named "The Professor" in no time, and the show could be made at a studio in Anaheim and people can hire filmmakers from Orange County to make the show.

In a time when the villains are the heroes, we need to bring back a real classic hero, and having a brilliant college professor as a hero would be good for the kids, and it would be good for the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2021, 02:15:17 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/media/jeopardy-mike-richards-steps-down/index.html

He was the shortest serving official Jeopardy host ever.

Who was Mike Richards?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2021, 03:04:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/media/jeopardy-mike-richards-steps-down/index.html

Who was Mike Richards?
They should give Miyam Bialik the full time gig. She was the best of the hosts I saw - which admittedly did not include Burton.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Holly Martins

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »

Mayim.

All our content is thru Roku these days,  on which I  find no access to Jeopardy,  so haven't seen the prospects.   Somewhere in the basement,  in a box of defunct cords and electronic misc might be an antenna. 

I think Sony should invest in max Bialik stock.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2021, 09:23:41 PM »

Who was Mike Richards?

TV host killed off before starting the job.

Wokies strike again.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2021, 09:50:53 PM »

Mayim.

All our content is thru Roku these days,  on which I  find no access to Jeopardy,  so haven't seen the prospects.   Somewhere in the basement,  in a box of defunct cords and electronic misc might be an antenna. 

I think Sony should invest in max Bialik stock.

Springtime for Richards and Jeopardy?!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17