Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Television  (Read 21366 times)

oilcan

Re: Television
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »

Benicio del Toro

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »

Another of the cabal joins in. Amazing how none of you pussies ever fight your own battles.

Wah!!!

Everybody disagrees with me! It must be a conspiracy against me!

Wah!!!

Poor Piggy.

Gee, Josh. Thought you liked minority opinions.
Heh

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2019, 06:48:50 PM »

If Tori Spelling produced a remake of "Fantasy Island," then who do you think should play Mr Rourke?

Me?

Johnny Depp?

Who?

Salute,

Tony V.

Cheech or Chong. Or both.

barton

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »

"Killing Eve" season one is a hoot.  Darkly funny spy actioner that subverts most of the usual tropes and cliches of the genre, with considerable wit, and Sandra Oh is terrific.  The show, and the cast, have been showered with awards and it's not hard to see why. 

oilcan

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2019, 12:30:40 PM »

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/09/17/alex-trebek-is-resuming-chemotherapy-after-his-numbers-went-sky-high-he-said/

I think the beta page won't zap you with a paywall. 

I was impressed that he had any remission period at all - pancreatic cancer doesn't often allow even that.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2019, 09:36:43 AM »

barton

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2019, 01:17:25 PM »

Just a quick nod to David E. Kelley and yet another great series from him, "Big Little Lies."  It's remarkable how he takes themes and plot setups that could easily devolve into high-grade trash and makes real drama and social commentary bloom from them.  And with considerable help from the formidable cast, which includes Laura Dern, Shailene Woodleigh, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman.  Though I was initially prepared to hate the show, I was quickly drawn in by Witherspoon's rendition of a suburban mom as Tracy Flick All Grown Up.  The tone starts out suggesting we are in for satirical comedy, but in the next four episodes darkens as we learn of the violence that lies in some of the characters pasts and present marriages.  There are still plenty of comedic moments, but the show moves beyond just poking fun at helicopter parenting and the rigors of affluence.  Great stuff.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2019, 11:31:36 PM »

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjwexw/disney-and-the-mandalorian-are-driving-people-back-to-torrenting?utm_source=vicefbus&fbclid=IwAR1Uak4rqaS6jHydb-exd-fxN-ucEotYdxNUpx1vVm70HLXm6bhT-st96XY

Too steep a price for the casual watcher... but easily accessible by the casual techie watcher, who is their target audience. Oops..
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2019, 11:32:04 PM »

Just a quick nod to David E. Kelley and yet another great series from him, "Big Little Lies."  It's remarkable how he takes themes and plot setups that could easily devolve into high-grade trash and makes real drama and social commentary bloom from them.  And with considerable help from the formidable cast, which includes Laura Dern, Shailene Woodleigh, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman.  Though I was initially prepared to hate the show, I was quickly drawn in by Witherspoon's rendition of a suburban mom as Tracy Flick All Grown Up.  The tone starts out suggesting we are in for satirical comedy, but in the next four episodes darkens as we learn of the violence that lies in some of the characters pasts and present marriages.  There are still plenty of comedic moments, but the show moves beyond just poking fun at helicopter parenting and the rigors of affluence.  Great stuff.

Thanks. Sounds like it's worth a looksee!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2019, 01:41:20 PM »

Big Little Lies was a book adaptation

Kelley killed Robin Williams when The Crazy Ones wasnt a hit.

barton

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2019, 10:02:45 AM »

At least get the facts on Lewy body dementia before trolling.   CBS cancelled the series.  Williams' death was a result of LBD, not his last gig. 

oilcan

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2019, 12:22:26 PM »

Rene Auberjonois has shape-shifted for the last time.  RIP.

As well as his famous role as "Odo" on ST:DS9, he was the original Father Mulcahy in MASH.  And appeared in other Altman films.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2020, 07:22:54 PM »

I watched a show in the middle of the night last night on PBS about 2 guys who made their own dugout canoe, they chopped down a tree and they made a canoe out of it, and they took it down the Amazon river, through the jungle. That would be a heck of a cool adventure. Maybe I will try it someday with a woman as a partner.

https://shaff.co.uk/shaff18/dugout

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:27:04 PM by FlyingVProd »

oilcan

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2020, 12:02:54 PM »

I like the Mr Bean episode where he attempts to rescue a heart attack victim using jumper cables.   Actually,  I like all 15 of the Bean episodes,  as he channels variously Jacques Tati  and Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton.   True classics.   

oilcan

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:58 PM »

Here you go "Lost" fans,  another reason to hate Kate Austen...

http://globalnews.ca/news/6707119/evangeline-lilly-dismisses-coronavirus/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16