Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Television  (Read 3495 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Television
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2020, 11:48:04 AM »

That Ms Lilly has 2.3 million followers is the funny thing.
- Peace, Minneapolis, Peace, New York -

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2020, 09:03:02 PM »

"Lost" was surprisingly popular.

Mr Bean is classic.   I liked the home remodeling episode with the exploding paint can.   Some of his Blackadder stuff was pretty good,  too.   

The Americans - suspense driven though it was,  I found it very rewatchable. 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 11:28:25 AM »

Season 1 of Westworld is rewatchable.  Also fun to watch series with interesting period details that you can miss the first time through when you're more caught up in the plot.
Mad Men,  for example. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »

I watched a great segment on the evening news the other night about a retirement community for people from the entertainment industry, and they had a television studio for the retired people to work at. They are happy, they said that they are working more now than ever. So many people in the entertainment industry spend so much time unemployed while they search for work, that they are grateful to be able to work as much as they want. It is great.

I think that the Seniors should invite in the young people to be assistants so that they can teach the business to the young people. Our Seniors are our best teachers.

I know for my film, I would love to have old-timers teach young people and that would be a great way to make my movie.

Anyhow, I think it is great that their Senior center has a television studio, and there needs to be more of that kind of stuff for our Seniors.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2020, 10:30:36 PM »

Rewatching BILLIONS season 4, as Season 5 starts this weekend

Also came across AMC's Halt and Catch Fire - currently on Netflix.  Couple of female leads I hadn't seen before, once from Jersey (though b in NZ) and the other Vancouver, BC.  Aleksa Paladino from Boardwalk Empire also pops in.  Centers around the start of the PC age...
- Peace, Minneapolis, Peace, New York -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »

One of the best television producers of all time was Aaron Spelling, he was great. His shows always had beautiful women, and good writers. And Aaron Spelling made sure that everyone who worked on his shows were paid well, everyone loved to work for Aaron Spelling.

I watched them shoot a couple of Spelling shows, "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Melrose Place" and everyone who worked on his shows were having a great time.

On the day that I auditioned for the AADA I stopped on my way home to watch them shoot "Beverly Hills 90210" and I ended up hanging out with them all day, I discussed shots with the director, it was great, they fed me, and it was great to meet all of the stars from the show.

Aaron Spelling was fantastic, it is sad that he is gone. But, a lot can be learned from him.

If you want to produce a hit television show and shoot it here in Anaheim, you need to hire the most beautiful women, and hire great writers.

Also for movies, hire the most beautiful women, and hire great writers.

Spelling lived the dream, and he set a great example for young people who want to grow up to be television producers.

Salute,

Tony V.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Anyone watching Space Force on Netflix?
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2020, 09:13:28 PM »

I just finished the season.  Wondering if others liked it.  I enjoyed it.  John Malkovich was great.
KP tosses salads in dallas
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]