Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Television  (Read 21687 times)

Hugh Janus

• View Profile
Re: Television
« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2024, 02:00:53 PM »

Anyone watching the new Ripley miniseries?

I like the B/W format and casting.  Took a sec to recognize that Marge (played by Gwyneth the vagina steamer in the film) was Dakota Fanning.  All growed up! 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2024, 03:06:46 PM »

For some reason I am getting photos on my facebook page of all of the young models and actresses, I did not request them all, but I enjoy looking at them all, and as a Producer, and writer, I can imagine which jobs they would be good for, etc. Like Aaron Spelling with "Fantasy Island" and "Love Boat," there could be an adult version for a newly started Playboy Channel, and "I Dream of Jeanne" and "Beach Blanket Bingo" and "Fun in Acapulco," etc.

And Playboy Magazine can interview Muzi of China ( They could have National Lampoon from Harvard do the interview for Playboy ) and they can have a pictorial of Mahlagha Jaberi to promote improved women's rights in Iran. Etc. They could do a lot of cool things.

Anyhow, the new young women on social media are going to  be the future stars in the Entertainment Industry. And 54% of the modern services economy is streaming services such as movies and television shows. The world needs content, and Aaron Spelling and Hugh Hefner made a fortune from hiring the beautiful young women.

There was a sign at the entrance at Universal Studios and it said that the most beautiful women in the world enter that gate. And back then even the Fred Flintstone show had lots of beautiful women. Women love show business, and the Producers get rich.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hugh Janus

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2024, 05:17:22 PM »

Ripley is a series that I imagine Hitchcock would have liked, and some episodes (the fifth in particular) owe much to his influence.  While I found the early episodes dragged in places, the series was never boring and at times spellbinding, and even the slow stretches offer a kind of immersion in a sixties Italy seen through a distorting American lens.  Andrew Scott, an Irish actor who played Moriarty in the BBC series Sherlock, plays the title role, and manages a range of moods, from chilling to lighthearted to sadly empty, always skirting some kind of abyss effortlessly, as if being Mr Ripley was a stroll in the park.  Moments of dark humor and wit also resonate with the long shadow cast by Sir Alfred. 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]