Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 43475 times)

zosutganza

• View Profile
    • offtopic
offtopic
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2024, 02:32:40 AM »

kraken ссылка тор

<a href="https://kraken11site.com/">
кракен ссылка onion</a>

https://kraken11site.com/
kraken клирнет зеркало  <a href="https://kraken11site.com/"> kraken зеркало официальный</a>

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #706 on: March 15, 2024, 10:43:18 AM »

Cabrini is a nice bit of cinematography, with some decent performances.  You will learn something about the pushy nun, shaking things up in the halls of power, albeit an embellished version with some anachronisms.  As biopics go, it seemed a notch above mediocre - a better script with Mother C intoning fewer portentous lines and fewer cliches would have helped. 

Turgid but watchable.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 15, 2024, 11:03:58 AM »

And who was Mayor Gould??  No mayor of that name in NYC.  Actual mayor was Hugh Grant.  Who had some ties to Tammany corruption, which seems to somewhat fit the composite character John Lithgow plays.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 15, 2024, 06:16:00 PM »

And who was Mayor Gould??  No mayor of that name in NYC.  Actual mayor was Hugh Grant. 
Probably Lithgow was cheaper.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 15, 2024, 09:45:01 PM »

Heh.

Yes, there could be temptations to call it "stunt casting" if one were to have Hugh Grant, NY mayor 1889-1892, played by the actor of the same name.  However  the handsome chap of Notting Hill is now too old for the part of NY's youngest mayor...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_J._Grant

carhagoija

• View Profile
offtopic
« Reply #710 on: March 16, 2024, 12:41:29 PM »

carhagoija

• View Profile
offtopic
« Reply #711 on: March 16, 2024, 12:47:58 PM »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 16, 2024, 03:06:21 PM »

Anyone have Liquid Silver's email?  Time to bolster the sign-up form and questions.  Do a bit of Augean stable sweeping.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 18, 2024, 03:12:13 PM »

Capote v the Swans looks fun, with Tom Hollander in the title role, though it will be difficult difficult lemon difficult for me to watch without signing up for another streaming service. 

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 20, 2024, 05:32:03 PM »

The world is full of complainers. And the fact is, nothinf comes with a guarantee. Now I dont care if you're the pope of Rome, President of the United States or Man of the Year; something can all go wrong. Now go on ahead, you know, complain, tell your problems to your neighbor, ask for help, n watch him fly. Now, in Russia, they got it mapped out so that everyone pulls for everyone else. Thats the theory, anyway. But what I know about is Texas, and down here, you're on your own.

M. Emmet Walsh spoke the first words ever heard in a Coen Brothers movie. RIP to one of our greatest character actors.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 20, 2024, 07:24:50 PM »

Yes.  Impressive that he worked up until production wrapped on a film released three weeks ago.  Did you spot him in Knives Out btw?

His first film appearance was in Alice's Restaurant - the sergeant who deems Arlo Guthrie unfit for military service after his sarcastic comments on the Group W bench. 

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 20, 2024, 10:30:57 PM »

Yes.  Impressive that he worked up until production wrapped on a film released three weeks ago.  Did you spot him in Knives Out btw?

His first film appearance was in Alice's Restaurant - the sergeant who deems Arlo Guthrie unfit for military service after his sarcastic comments on the Group W bench.
Sure. I mean, considering how many times I watched it...

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 29, 2024, 09:51:37 AM »

In August 1969, Gossett had been partying with members of the Mamas and the Papas when they were invited to actor Sharon Tate s house. He headed home first to shower and change clothes. As he was getting ready to leave, he caught a news flash on TV about Tate s murder.

RIP, a gentleman who played an officer.

anapikisr

• View Profile
    • offtopic
offtopic
« Reply #718 on: April 02, 2024, 09:32:16 PM »

anapikisr

• View Profile
    • offtopic
offtopic
« Reply #719 on: April 02, 2024, 09:34:30 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50