Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 13878 times)

barton

• View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2021, 02:14:44 PM »

Indeed.   The mostly ignoring of Da 5 Bloods (one minor nom) seemed like a mistake to me.

We'll try to catch Nomadland and Chicago 7 on streaming.   Though more interested in Judas and the Black Messiah, which viewing would involve signing up for HBO Max.   If it passed through theaters here,  I missed it.   
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2021, 02:46:54 PM »

CVII reminded me of e erythromycin I have ever seen from Aaron Sorkin - incredibly well written and.acted, but leaving no lasting impression on me.

Where the hell my autocorrect came up with that for "everything" I cannot say. But I like it so much I am leaving it.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it.

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2021, 03:42:25 PM »

I first  had to leap the hurdle of a movie titled "107," then why it reminded you of an antibiotic.  Happily I was able to decode Chicago 7, and erythromycin resistance soon followed. 

Sorkin's trademark "walk and talk" narrative style works well for some productions (like West Wing), but I've found it hard to keep up with at times.   Sometimes you have the impression you are learning a lot about a character,  but then it's melted away later.  That said,  I found Moneyball pretty good.   Some of his less acclaimed work,  like Charlie Wilson's War, I've liked more than the uber-hyped ones, like The Social Network.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2021, 06:17:34 PM »

Other interesting Oscar question: if both Judas and the Black Messiah are supporting actors, who is the lead?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it.

oilcanopy

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »

God only knows. 

Seriously, if Stanfield (O'Neal) isn't a lead role,  I must not understand the meaning of the term.   Both Kaluuya and Stanfield would seem to be co-stars,  not supportings.

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2021, 08:51:15 PM »

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2021, 03:10:33 PM »

My spouse informs me she saw Spaceballs (Mel Brooks 1987 classic) for the first time while on a recent trip.   Wish I'd been along.   I liked it when I saw it back in the 80s, it's middle tier Brooks for me,  with Blazing S,  Young F,  and The Producers in the top tier.

May the Schwartz be with you.   
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]