Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 42403 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2019, 09:35:05 AM »

Consider for a moment the possibility that the reason people call you a racist or a bigot is not because you disagree with them, but that over the roughly 20 years you have been posting here or the NYT you have demonstrated again and again 5hat YOU ARE A RACIST AND A BIGOT. It is not the one thing. It is the dismal tide.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »

Consider for a moment the possibility that the reason people call you a racist or a bigot is not because you disagree with them, but that over the roughly 20 years you have been posting here or the NYT you have demonstrated again and again 5hat YOU ARE A RACIST AND A BIGOT. It is not the one thing. It is the dismal tide.

He's rejected that.

His opinions are all well-founded, in his opinion, and he is better able to judge if a movie is about a white savior than any number of African-Americans are. Just ask him.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2019, 01:48:15 PM »

See? Joshie. Your "arguments" always boil down to the same concept. If one doesnt "get" or agree with you, they are a racist/bigot.

How sad that you lean on such a worn out crutch.

But again, why did she leave? Was it the scruffy, greying, beard that was perpetually reaking of the scent of Fritos? Was it the craft beer gut that seemed to grow larger with each successive day? Or was it the pictures she found in your phone that bankshit accidentally forwarded to you?

It's okay. You can share with us. We are here to support you.

You think that shifting to fake personal attacks is better?

You make up stories about us, then spread them as if they were true.

You are a bigot, but you are also a liar, Piggy. And the day anybody here except Bambi would expect you to provide emotional support to them during a trying time would be shortly after Donald Trump admitted he is mentally ill, Putin apologized for taking over Crimea and returned it, and Kim Jong Un renounced his current form of government and strong arm tactics and stepped down after converting his country to a democracy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2019, 01:59:31 PM »

Go fuck yourself, Joshie.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2019, 02:15:39 PM »

oilcan

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2019, 01:58:14 PM »

"Ma'am, I answered your question! I answered the darned... I'm cooperatin' here!"   

Huffman posted a $250,000 bond after an appearance in federal court in Los Angeles. Her husband, actor William H. Macy, has not been charged, though an FBI agent stated in an affidavit that he was in the room when Huffman first heard the pitch from a scam insider.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2019, 12:28:50 AM »

DREAM FACTORY

How Women Built Early Hollywood – And Transformed Los Angeles

Hilary A. Hallett  

November 7, 2017 

https://www.kcet.org/shows/lost-la/how-women-built-early-hollywood-and-transformed-los-angeles

----------

Women make up a huge percentage of people in the entertainment industry. And when I worked at Universal, a woman hired me, and a woman was my boss.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2019, 02:34:23 PM »

Anaheim needs to have a film and television industry, we have the Dodge Film School at Chapman, and we need for the film students to be able to work in Anaheim after they graduate.

And a good place for a studio in Anaheim is by the Julianna warehouse, the only bad thing is the proximity of the railroad tracks. There can also be filmmaking equipment rentals, etc, etc, etc. 

The city of Anaheim also needs to make it easy to get permits for filming. 

Southern California has some great film schools, and some great acting schools, etc, and we need for the students to be able to find employment after they graduate.

Anaheim needs to have an entertainment industry, and we need a studio, and equipment rentals.

Salute,

Tony V.

oilcan

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »

"Still" is a 2018 indie film shot in Georgia and set on a remote farm near the Appalachian Trail.  Very atmospheric but you can see the "mystery" of the farmer couple coming a mile away.  Diverting bit of allegory, but sort of clunky and annoying in the way characters decline to ask obvious questions that real people ask in those situations. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2019, 04:18:27 PM »

Tim Conway was great, "The Apple Dumpling Gang" was some of my favorite work that he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFv57wptS38

May he rest in peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2019, 05:48:14 PM »

The Cannes Film Festival is going on right now.

https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/

The first Cannes Film Festival was on my Mother's Birthday.

I went to the Cannes Film Festival in 2000, a film titled "Dancer in the Dark" won the Palm d' Or that year.

I stayed at the Hotel Mondial, it was great, I could see the ocean from my balcony, the hotel is owned by Best Western now, I am not sure who owned it then.

http://www.hotellemondial.com/en/

I would love to go to the Cannes Film Festival every year.

Salute,

Tony V.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2019, 05:48:20 PM »

Someone tell me this is actually happening:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10095582/

barton

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »

A Joel-Ethan bifurcation?  Zounds!

The project's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the pages of Variety... and then is heard no more.   

Of course, I might have doubted once the fast food version with Christopher Walken. 

barton

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/26/rocketman-review-right-spectacle-elton-john

Good biopic/musical.  And the second movie I've seen that uses "Tiny Dancer" to good effect.  (gold star, if you can guess the other one)  As well as deftly weaving in other selections from the John/Taupin playlist, perfectly capturing the mood.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2019, 01:44:31 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/26/rocketman-review-right-spectacle-elton-john

Good biopic/musical.  And the second movie I've seen that uses "Tiny Dancer" to good effect.  (gold star, if you can guess the other one)  As well as deftly weaving in other selections from the John/Taupin playlist, perfectly capturing the mood.
Almost Famous.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48