Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Film Trivia  (Read 23653 times)

liquidsilver

• View Profile
Film Trivia
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »

Disucss

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Film Trivia
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 04:27:18 AM »

Yeah, disco sucks ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 06:43:10 PM »

Trivia but not film trivia....

In 1971, Oregon became the last state to have this.  It still does, and remains unique among the states in this respect...

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »

Trivia but not film trivia....

In 1971, Oregon became the last state to have this.  It still does, and remains unique among the states in this respect...
The shattered and decaying remains of.D B Cooper?
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

barton

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »

Heh!  Such a good answer, I want to give it to you. 

Hint:  Oregon shares this attribute with the nation of Paraguay.  (which is the only current nation to have this) (and may or may not have shattered and decaying remains of famous Nazis)

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 05:38:26 AM »

Heh!  Such a good answer, I want to give it to you. 

Hint:  Oregon shares this attribute with the nation of Paraguay.  (which is the only current nation to have this) (and may or may not have shattered and decaying remains of famous Nazis)
Lots of Guay people?
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

oilcan

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:14:45 AM »

By all reports, there is only a pair o' them.

My guess is having a flag with two different sides.  Oregon has the state seal on the front, and a golden beaver on the back.  Try making a pun out of THAT, Limey.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 11:27:09 AM »

By all reports, there is only a pair o' them.

My guess is having a flag with two different sides.  Oregon has the state seal on the front, and a golden beaver on the back.  Try making a pun out of THAT, Limey.
The Beaver should be on the front.

I'm not a guay....

barton

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 12:00:27 PM »

I will note that the Beavers are located in Corvallis, which means "heart of the valley."  The mascot is Benny Beaver, and fans are sometimes called Beaver Believers, or said to be afflicted with "Beaver Fever."  The rival Ducks at OU in Eugene sometimes favor expressions of derision like "Buck the Fevers." 

By convention, the front of the flag is that side on which the hoist is to the left, which means the beaver has the hoist to the right.  In any case, the beaver is often seen to be flapping in the wind.  The potential for sexual innuendos asymptotically approaches infinity.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2022, 09:11:11 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/11/02/max-boot-russia-military-doctrine-ukraine/

Or, as someone said in what famous movie, "the Russians don't take a dump without a plan."

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 04:30:03 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/11/02/max-boot-russia-military-doctrine-ukraine/

Or, as someone said in what famous movie, "the Russians don't take a dump without a plan."
The famous movie about the 1990 World Series, Hunting for the Reds in October.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 05:57:26 PM »

This lovely minuet was heard in what classic movie.

https://youtu.be/2AZOknKotVc?si=nJiN3p-WKGgrtWki

(and also by every parent who ever attended a violin recital)

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 08:40:26 PM »

An easier one, perhaps.

In one of Hitchcock's cameos he is boarding a train.  What item is he carrying?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 08:50:41 PM »

"Strangers on a Train" is an all-time favorite.  It's a cello case, with presumably the cello (or a body) in it.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 09:44:05 PM »

Yep.  For a bonus point, can anyone name the other Hitchcock cameo in which he also lugs a cello case?   This one's not easy, being lower tier Hitchcock.

For a second bonus point, can anyone name the other cameo which also has him carrying a string instrument?

Pages: [1] 2