Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Theater  (Read 17852 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Theater
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2023, 03:47:05 PM »

"In general is the death of art." With art you go from in general to very specific, and the more specific you become then the better the art is. For instance, with the statues at the Vatican in Rome, the statues are very detailed, Michelangelo and the other artists carved the statues with such detail that you can see the fingernails and veins on the statues. It is the same with all art, including with acting. Marlon Brando paid the same attention to detail and was just as specific as Michelangelo. And it is the same with architecture, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2023, 01:57:02 PM »

Acting is different than other jobs because you get fame with acting, and you get the love of fans, total strangers will talk about what a great person you are, and when you die strangers will weep. When I set out to study acting I was aware of the power that comes with acting and with having fans, and I went to school and studied and I tried to make myself worthy of success as an actor and as a leader in the community, and I even considered going into politics later in life like Reagan did in order to help America and to help to make the world a better place.

Here is what the great acting teacher Sanford Meisner had to say about acting....

"...And then he has won, through his fantasy he has achieved that which he had before only in fantasy; wealth, honor, and the love of women."

Roy Rogers was a poor man from Ohio, who went on to become loved by the world, and he donated children's hospitals and he helped abused children, and he set up the "Happy Trails Children's Foundation" and he did other good things with his fame. Roy considered running for President, but his friend Ronald Reagan became President so Roy could just share his thoughts and concerns with Reagan.

When I was trying to become an actor then I was aware of the power of fame, so I tried to make myself worthy as best as I could. And my Poetry Book has lots of good advice and good thoughts for the world. I also wanted to produce movies and television shows that could send a good message to the world, etc.

Here is my student film that I made at USC, I took acting serious back then. And I wanted to rise and change the world and make the world a better place.

Here is my student film from USC film school...

https://youtu.be/GJ2wBMgs-lQ

I never found success in my youth, it just was not meant to be. But I am older and wiser, and maybe I can still do good things if I do not give up. And I have worked hard not to become bitter and hardened by hard times and poverty, though I had a nervous breakdown and ended up in the hospital in 2002, life has been hard, and the streets of Los Angeles are no joke, it is a miracle I am still alive. But, we will see what the future has in store, maybe I can still do good things and I can still serve the Lord.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2023, 01:54:05 AM »

Maybe the Cedar Street Theatre of Lancaster, California, can help to produce a party here in Hollywood for the stars on Oscar Night, I sent them a message on it. Elton John retired, and Norby Walters no longer does Night of 100 Stars, so there needs to be new people to step in to throw new Oscar Parties on Oscar Night here in Hollywood.

They can have an Oscar Party at the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, the stars can ride in Limousines from Hollywood to Los Angeles, and there can be an outdoor party at MacArthur Park and an outdoor bar, etc. All of the top chefs can be there to cook for the stars. They can have live bands. The stars can party, and eat, and then they can sleep in the hotel rooms at the Park Plaza Hotel.

People need to step up and they need to plan the parties for Oscar Night here in Hollywood, and maybe the Cedar Street Theatre from Lancaster can help to plan and produce an Oscar Party here in Hollywood for the stars.

The event can raise money for "Children of the Night" to help the homeless children on the streets of Hollywood.

Salute,

Tony V.

Karl Barx

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2024, 09:59:53 PM »

What is the brooding hens least favorite Sartre play? No Egg Sit.

Streaming media are the opium of the people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]