Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
May 22, 2018, 04:12:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 94
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 25020 times)
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2007, 06:36:52 PM »

I love Monk.   It's ok if everyone else hates it -- I'm used to it...
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2007, 10:00:45 PM »

No, we all love Tony Shalub.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »

Not that much.

I've been watching the art series on PBS, some British guy is talking about Rembrant, and the other great masters, it's really good, and really funny:  "Ever the clever one, Rem-brant was happy to take the coin of the merchants of Amsterdam toward his own betterment, careful to clothe them in opulent cloth and just enough esteem not to belie their humble servant of God faces..."

That's a poor approximation, but the writing is really funny and supercilious and gives you a decent eye into the soul of the artist, if possible in 60 min., and not, of course, without a lot of florid prose and whoever the straight faced host delivering the lines is...

harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2007, 11:30:21 PM »

I like Tony Shaloub, and I used to like Monk okay, too.  I don't usually last with a show for its whole life, though; and the way they first had it on all the time, and then made it hard to find....well, I just stopped looking for it.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2007, 01:12:17 AM »

I think that was what they wanted to achieve.

Seems that I have the same habit that you mentioned toward viewing. You probably recall that Monk had a lot of PR post-9/11.  I don't doubt at all that there were some people who responded by telling the sponsors what they thought. Usually that's the kind of thing that causes the switching around of time-slots, etc.
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2007, 03:52:28 AM »

Monk is on USA Network on cable television on Fridays.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2007, 09:01:55 AM »

Shaloub was terrific in "Barton Fink".
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »

What does Monk have to do with 9/11?

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2007, 10:09:33 AM »

By the way, the Networks might be showing re-runs but HBO is still strong Sunday nights with Entourage followed by Flight of the Conchords.  I've been catching up with FOTC on demand.  Its good.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2007, 10:23:45 AM »

I like Tony Shaloub, and I used to like Monk okay, too.  I don't usually last with a show for its whole life, though; and the way they first had it on all the time, and then made it hard to find....well, I just stopped looking for it.

It's not that they've moved it around...they just have a wierd deason.   They do eight or so episodes and then they break for several months and then they do eight new episodes.

It starts again this Friday  (13th) at 9pm on USA.   Psyche follows immediately after that.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2007, 10:28:36 AM »

season not deason...

not sure if it's 9pm in every time zone -- I suppose cable channels could do a better job of that than broadcast, but I notice HBO only has two feeds -- East Coast and West Coast.  So I guess the people in the middle get whatever...   Of Course Central Time ZSoners are already used to one hour earlier and Moutain time zoners are already used to nothing making any sense...
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »

By the way, the Networks might be showing re-runs but HBO is still strong Sunday nights with Entourage followed by Flight of the Conchords.  I've been catching up with FOTC on demand.  Its good.

I've seen all of the FOTC episodes twice, and I am completely hooked.  I'm dreading the day, which I hope will never come, when it starts sucking. 

barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: July 12, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »

T-Horse -- Harrie is right, I do watch a bit of the old boob tube -- Lost, House, original CSI, and Bones.   Others I watch sporadically -- Numbers (not about a team of anesthesiologists) and 2 1/2 Men.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: July 12, 2007, 03:45:31 PM »

Trojanhorse, re:#298

East and West HBO and the people in between.

They get it in Spanish language version.  As well as HD.

One of the funniest programs, I caught in passing, the other night was the Spanish Language channel doing  one of those Tibetan lama wandering in the lanscape things when a flying Taoist shaman shows up to talk with him. Both had exaggerated black fake eyebrows as part of their makeup while talking in menacing Spanish about things not occidental. I was about to turn it off and go back to this or whatever until I realized that my cat was in the official television viewing chair with her ears perked up alert and taking it all in as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. So I left it on for her and went on to mind my own business. We all have our viewing habits.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: July 12, 2007, 03:58:50 PM »

Well I'm kind of annoyed.  I got into Lost recently and finished NetFlixing the second season only to find out the third season isn't going to be available until December.  I believe the fourth season starts in January.

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 94
  Print  

Jump to: