Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 22, 2018, 09:30:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 92
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 16507 times)
obertray

« Reply #465 on: August 28, 2007, 11:37:12 AM »

Well, by that manner it's probably better the girl in OCB's avatar is sitting down, I mean, with measurements like 37-28-63 !!!

oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: August 28, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »

A Day Or A Lifetime
obertray

« Reply #467 on: August 28, 2007, 11:59:25 AM »

Just to mention, miliseconds before he flames out in a blaze of over exposure, Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs With Mike Rowe is what television should be.

How It's Made manages to mangle it's subjects with it's Canadian Mangling iron (For those who don't know, which may be no one, a mangling Iron is an ironing press with a roller that is used by commercial venues with a need to iron large pieces, in large quantities, like hotels and sheets.... A litle bit of my own boring explication, maybe I can get a job on How It's Made!) dryness. They also seem to leave out the fun part of the process all of the time too! I'm not sure how they suck the fun out of that show (which we are rivetted to anyway) Maybe they could do a segment aboot that!

Maybe we could have some fun here and try to think up a few jobs for dirty jobs, he's always begging for some, and I keep saying, maybe I'll try to think of some.

Perhaps he could work for a day cleaning the toenails of homeless people? Don't they try to clean those people when they come into some of the shelters?

Maybe he could spend a day going around with one of those "Bottle guys"? You know (maybe you don't if they don't have a deposit law in your state) the guys who push shopping carts along a route looking for deposit bottles to return to the store. These people are generally pretty dirty, so I figure it must be the job! (well he spent a day with a guy looking for owl vomit, so the bottle thing has possibilities.

Couple other scattered thoughts,

The commercial for Ex Lax or something where they are on a construction site and they pull the brown steel beam through the opening in the concrete wall, and then there is the dumptruck dumping a load... It almost worked without me even having to take the medicine! It took me a second or so to connect what I was seeing with what was being said. Now I forget what was said, except that I have the gist of it. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

The Lobster Wars show, not as good as the King Crab show, which gets old quick too. This is a first view assessment, and not a full view at that, just a gut reaction.
obertray

« Reply #468 on: August 28, 2007, 12:00:16 PM »

BTW Baldwin
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: August 28, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »

Ober, if you're looking forward to the Ex Lax commercial...well, perhaps it's time for a new hobby?

I agree the right-click method is not always reliable.  If you get pics from google images, or similar, it usually works.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: August 28, 2007, 12:21:33 PM »

So I guess nobody ever heard of "right-clicking" with their mouse?  If you right-click, you get a little menu (in Windows, anyway) and at the bottom there's a choice called Properties.  Click on that, and the URL of the picture is often....informative.

Somehow, that pose does obscure what he usually looks like in pictures.

David D.?  Well, I knew that I liked the photo, now I know why...
Where/what is it from?  Not recent, surely?

Don't dance on a volcano...
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: August 28, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »

That thought had crossed my mind -- DD, that is.  That'll teach me to go with first instincts.....
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: August 28, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »

barton,#469

I can see the resemblence without the make-up. He's almost as much fun as some of the stuff that John Turturro unleashes upon us.(I always love it when he lets his Italian get the better of him and this wild person emerges, an eccentric in clothing preference, a temperament from whom you don't what to expect next.)
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: August 28, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »

Ober, thanks.  Baldwin it is.  And I still say it looks more like one of those brothers than David Duc--the right click worked for me.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: August 28, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »

barton,#469

I can see the resemblence without the make-up. He's almost as much fun as some of the stuff that John Turturro unleashes upon us.(I always love it when he lets his Italian get the better of him and this wild person emerges, an eccentric in clothing preference, a temperament from whom you don't what to expect next.)

Italians are wild people?

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
obertray

« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2007, 01:21:27 PM »

Ober, if you're looking forward to the Ex Lax commercial...well, perhaps it's time for a new hobby?

Watching TeeVee is not so much a hobby as it is a summer fireplace.

Watching the fireplace in winter is a mesmerizing experience, watching it in summer is either extremely unsatisfactory (given the interference of it's static nature) or uncomfortable, sitting near a burning fire on a Sunday afternoon in July is probably better in a place like lower Chile. So I put the TeeVee in front of the hearth and gaze.

Reminds me though of the folks who long for a plasma screen to put above the fireplace. That really makes me wonder about people, but maybe it's just me that sees the mantle place to be a space for the ashes of the dead and the clock that we'll take when Antiques Roadshow comes to town and seasonal flowers and christmas tchothkae and the like. Not for images of colorfully clad, armored, steroid containers to smash into each other in pursuit of a idealized "Goal".

Truth be told, the only shows I intend to watch are Stewart/Colbert and Two and a Half Men (4 and a half all together I guess).
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »

Finally did get that plasma, put it in a room with a fireplace (not over, gads, why anyone would do that makes no sense to me either, Ober!) and must say I'm looking ahead to enjoying both come football, right soon. 
Mantle(s)?  Art and candles IMHO............

obertray

« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2007, 11:54:38 AM »

Just want to say that I'm going to give Mad Men one last try tomorrow night.

I was happy to see to Murray brother show up in the show, the one that used to be in that summer replacement comedy where he was the rich kid and she was living in the trailer park... Imdb HIC... Joel Murray, Pamela Reed and Grand. I have always had a soft spot for Pamela Reed because of that show.

Joel has the ability to bring joy to the scene without chewing up the scenery like Bill insists on doing (I don't know that I'd live or die by that characterization, bu Bill does tend to want to make himself the center of attention). I am more than a little sure that Joel was the voice of Bob on those Quiznos commercials, but this isn't listed on IMDB.

I saw the actress who plays Peggy (Elisabeth Moss) on a L&O:CI rerun yesterday... The one with two of the kids from The Black Donnellys, the Jimmy Donnelly and Joey Ice Cream (I really liked that show, sorry it got canned). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0809493/ The fun of The Donnellys is picking out the L&O:CI characters on it.

barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2007, 12:38:37 PM »

House is back on Sep. 25th.  Looking forward to seeing him go it alone, now that all his students have quit.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2007, 01:26:35 PM »

Barton:

Thanks for the House heads-up!  The one and only network show for me...although I'm giving Damages my time, hoping that it doesn't lag, as it seems to have given up some speed from the first two episodes.  Men in Trees had some good moments back whenever.  Anyone know if that's coming up in the fall with anything new?  Rumors were that Heche's co-star was the catalyst for her most recent divorce...?  Sounds like something that belongs in another forum... Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 92
  Print  

Jump to: