Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
August 19, 2017, 06:13:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383]
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 368053 times)

Salt Grains Sold Separately

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5730 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »

Samantha Bee on the NYT

Seriously, you have to check this! It's Sam Bee without the bleeps. They say  for crying out loud!

I'm not surprised at Sam Bee. I am surprised that the NYT would let this run! That's a family newspaper! Has the world gone that mad that this is considered (You tell me the word, you're so smuckin' fart!) family fare?

Or has the NYT not looked at what they are posting?

True Story: There was a review for a Broadway play (could have been Hedgwick and The Angry Inch (probably pre Barney)) (still no answer on that double parenthesis question) The photo with it was the rocker singing and a girl looking up at him. And right above her eye level his belt buckle. And it said FUCK. I emailed them. They changed it and sent me their thanks.

Have we changed that much?

That which doesn't kill me.
Will only make me stranger.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5731 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:57 PM »

HA! Relevance in the TV forum! (They said it couldn't be done!)

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5732 on: August 10, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »

Not to mention. She shows where the idea of the Alt Right/ Tech takeover comes from the publication of "Devil's Bargain"

Meanwhile! WOW! She hits this out of the block beyond the ball field! And she explains the Bannon Brigade phenomenon succinctly!

1. Why are we getting our news from "Fake News" shows like, The Daily Show, Colbert, Seth Meyers (He's stiff and he has clinkers. But he usually makes a valid point) Sam Bee and John Oliver (not so much, Bill Maher... )

2. Why ARE we GETTING our news from "Fake News" shows? Why not the "Real News" shows? (Thing is that the Real news shows still call the tune. They still inform what the story is going to be about. What stories we are going to hear about. The Late Night Shows have become the editorial, and the Celebrity Section and the Comics pages. See? The newspaper hasn't died. TeeVee isn't going the way of the newspaper...)

Absolutely worth your time.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:12:52 PM by #1 » Logged

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5733 on: August 18, 2017, 08:44:44 PM »

Away from the dvr into a super basic cable situation.

Couple of points. I caught part of CBS Evening News the Tuesday the world stood still with it's jaw hanging slack. I was quite impressed, and now I can't quite tell you why. But it seemed that they were devoting themselves to presenting the issue semi completely. And they had a parade of well spoken folks who supported Trump, didn't much care about this particular kerfuffle (Which, in the large scheme of things it is likely to turn out to be). They didn't come off as idjit yokels. They came off well (wrong1 but still, well)

It was a very good broadcast.

I'm watching the Roku(while I still can. I do believe that the FCC is going to kill Net Neutrality, and those streamers are not going to fare well.) and there is a Reuters news feed that is interesting. You tell it how long you want to watch, 10, 15 or 30 minutes and then it will give you a newscast to fill that slot. Or you can pick a topic and watch 10 15 30 mins on it. A fairly wide selection of interests are represented. I can't say it is the most up to date news cast I've ever run into. There is usually a commercial or so in the cast. I'm ok with that. Otherwise it is free.

Hamilton the First
Superhero Member

"All the genius I know comes from hard work."--Me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5734 on: Today at 10:21:05 AM »

One episode of "Ozark" to go, and it's been a great season of fine acting. Already been renewed for another season.

On to "Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce".

“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---James Baldwin
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383]
  Print  

Jump to: