Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Fitness and Nutrition  (Read 11725 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Fitness and Nutrition
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2020, 04:46:49 PM »

Thanks Barton, my Mother is eating bananas everyday, she believes that they are good for her immune system. She would approve of BRAT when ill.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »

Here is a simple fish taco recipe for people locked in their homes with a limited amount of stuff to cook, some friends gave me some frozen fish and he asked for a recipe, so here is an easy one.

The ingredients are...

Fish
Olives
Chopped Onions
Crushed Red Pepper

Instructions...

Cook in a wok at about 400 degrees, I use an electric wok.
Put the fish in first and let it get going, then add the olives, and then chop the onion while the fish is cooking and then add the chopped onion, sprinkle it all with crushed red pepper, and stir it and cook it until the fish is cooked and the onions are caramelized. Use small flour tortillas, I buy them fresh made from a Mexican market, and heat the tortilla by itself on a plate in the microwave, then add the ingredients to the heated tortilla and enjoy.

You can also add other ingredients if you want such as...

Cilantro
Bell Peppers
Anaheim Peppers

And you can have...

Shredded Cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream
Hot Sauce
Guacamole

There are a lot of ways to make tacos, and you can use any meat, down here by the Southern Border we make tacos out of everything.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 05:28:22 PM »

Some states allow you to make your own whiskey, and you can order everything on line and you can have it delivered to your home.

https://thebourbonrundown.com/how-to-make-bourbon-at-home-a-guide-for-making-great-whiskey/

I want to have a vineyard and winery someday, so I want to make wine. But, it would be fun to make whiskey just to try it.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 07:33:38 PM »

Whiskey -- the ultimate source of fitness and nutrition. 

The key ingredient is sheep urine.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 08:25:42 PM »

The Seagram company owned Universal Studios for a little while, using money from whiskey.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »

Our local market was out of Sunkist oranges from here in California, and so I had to buy Goldcup tangerines from Peru, and they are expensive, they are one dollar and fifty cents per pound, but they are amazing tangerines, they are really good, and they are high in Vitamin C and they help to keep me well.

http://goldcupfresh.com/growers-calera

Send the link to your local market if you want a hook-up on good tangerines during the off-season when you cannot buy the local fruit.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2020, 06:26:08 PM »

If your local market needs a connection for toilet paper, then there is Fiora toilet paper from Anaheim. If your store has been running out of toilet paper then send them this link...

https://fiorabrand.com/

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2020, 06:39:25 PM »

Send the link to your local market if you want a hook-up on good tangerines during the off-season when you cannot buy the local fruit.

I'm in the hills on the SD/WY border,  so it's always the off-season for tangerines.   Local fruit would be wild strawberries and chokecherries.   

barton

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2020, 12:26:28 PM »

Is anyone still looking in these forums?  Just wondering if it's worthwhile to post here.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nestle-innovation/nestle-launches-vegan-alternative-to-tuna-idUSKBN25G14S

To me, this is the perfect foot in the door kind of food for promoting plant diets, because tuna is already a pretty uninteresting meat.  I don't see how a simulated tuna could be worse.  Only downside is that fake tuna won't have the DHA form of omega-3 FA that is in most fish.  It's the form of O3FA that is most usable by the human body, being 20 times more absorbable than the O3FA in walnuts or flax oil or chia seeds. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 04:25:39 PM »

Some ideas to create new recipes would be to combine different recipes from around the world. One idea would be to make chicken fajita spaghetti, and another idea would be to make taco spaghetti. Chicken fajita pizza would be good too, and they already have taco pizza. Sometimes it is fun to experiment and to try new things.

Salute,

Tony V. 

oilcan

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 07:45:53 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/palm-oil-abuse-investigation-cosmetics-2a209d60c42bf0e8fcc6f8ea6daa11c7

Skip buying foods with palm oil if possible.  This product is derived from abuse,  rape,  death,  and ecological destruction.   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2020, 10:49:24 AM »

Mediterranean is my preferred cuisine,  so I find this cheering.   

I suspect "more is better" may not apply re the wine.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »

I have always loved chicken, and I come from a family of people who love chicken, and as a kid my Grandmother Jeanne used to always buy Kentucky Fried Chicken. I always loved the legs, and for some reason my Grandmother always ate the wings, she loved the wings. I could not understand it, but she said that in Buffalo, New York, people were making wings into a delicacy, and she said that someday everyone would want the wings. Well, 20 years later everyone was eating Buffalo wings, she was right. And on this very day someone will go to Hooters and spend 12 bucks on Buffalo wings (if the restaurants were allowed to be open...). My Grandmother was 20 years ahead of everyone else. (She also worked at the original McDonald's in San Bernardino, so she watched what happened with McDonald's too.) She was brilliant.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6