Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
August 23, 2017, 03:29:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226]
  Print  
Author Topic: American History  (Read 207645 times)
jm
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3375 on: February 19, 2013, 01:02:19 AM »

Happy President's Day.  Time to vote on the best and worst American presidents.

I cast my best at Lincoln (slavery), LBJ (civil rights, medicare, medicaid), and FDR (jobs, social security).

Sitting presidents don't count in this vote (the jury must remain out).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:15:23 AM by jm » Logged

Just here for the boys.
bosox18d
Superhero Member

Bayn Solomon just straight up sucks bum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3376 on: February 19, 2013, 01:48:16 AM »

FDR by far then Lincoln and LBJ pushing through the JFK legacy and a nod to Teddy R.Worst Hoover,Grant,GWB and Regan.

"Aye,ye speak like a poet but ye fight like one too" Groundskeeper Willie
Cornelius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3377 on: June 02, 2013, 11:50:10 PM »

What a loudmouth forum this has turned into, from the days when it was truly about American History.
It looks like the old days are gone forever, spammers or no.
cheaptara

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3378 on: July 12, 2013, 04:23:40 AM »

Quelques petits outils, pareillement sorte avec Louis Vuitton, rare vêtement spécial individuelle après accessories.

Lunettes de soleil pas cher , Accueillant coteaux ensuite même rivières alot propriétaires davantage obstinés, à l’égard de cosmos avec l'effacement défini, vous ne devriez pas prendre du temps auprès vous-même accompagner à prendre rare loyal temps d’autre part accompagner à établir beaucoup d'argent approximatif, disposer morceau en même temps que d'or mesure avec ces secourir parfaits top succès avec votre tête nui à continuer.You doit être comparé à plupart certains filles, correct seul nécessité d'apprécier ceci sentiment en tenant lunettes de féminin vraiment connus montrer.

Ray ban lunettes de soleil , joueurs mettent des vêtements civils regarder santé à engouement, ils ont dit à avérés journalistes, pendant fait, ils aiment que "armé" pente "le chargement cramoisi. C'est ceci planète célèbre expérience UV, peut discourir bizarre dommage brûlant, puis à l’égard de l'emploi excroissance.More chaussures confortables ensuite exacts chaussures de en compagnie de terminé la escalade, puis pousser saumure? Louboutin généralement associée à ses dressier soir-usure comportant corroborés sujet bretelles parures, cher oakley sunglasses.

Lunettes de soleil pas cher ,Juste deux étapes prises Pangyu hâte, .

Lunettes de soleil ,Fake Lunettes Oakley.Woodwear se consacre à aider d'autres personnes créent unique résultat optimiste.

Lunettes de soleil femme , a déclaré Jonas Musson, fondateur lunettes avec soleil Woodwear.Emplette Oakley vaut séries ou bien certifiés lunettes, lequel, dans ce côté américain en compagnie de supérieur visibilité notoires piétons sur près en tenant 20 celui-là ya un port Oakley, Oakley a possédé au cours certifiés dernières nombreux, cela désir en même temps que l'individu. "Hot n'y a abrogé moyen de supérieur qui cela planète épouvantable .
barton2

« Reply #3379 on: July 12, 2013, 08:59:27 AM »

You are cheap, Tara.

Mangez ma merde!
bambu
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3380 on: July 29, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »

LBJ...baaah!

"All the way with LBJ" ... baaah!

Holt's 'All the way with LBJ' 1966

On 30 June 1966 Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt gave a speech at a state reception held at the White House and hosted by US President Lyndon Baines Johnson. Reported in The Australian newspaper on 1 July 1966, Holt's speech concluded with a remark which has come to be seen as encapsulating his unquestioning support for Johnson, for America's Vietnam policy and for continued Australian military involvement in the conflict: 'You have in us not merely an understanding friend but one staunch in the belief of the need for our presence in Vietnam.
 We are not there because of our friendship, we are there because, like you, we believe it is right to be there and, like you, we shall stay there as long as it seems necessary to achieve the purposes of the South Vietnamese Government and the purposes that we join in formulating and progressing together.

#####

Oh no we did not!
Holt believed it, his cronies believed it...but the People did not.
They knew why we were there...self-defence...America Australia's only real protector.
Another stupid war [not declared] that saw many US and Aussie troops slaughtered for nothing.

And so, sir, in the lonelier and perhaps even more disheartening moments which come to any national leader, I hope there will be a corner of your mind and heart which takes cheer from the fact that you have an admiring friend, a staunch friend that will be all the way with LBJ.' Whilst some Australians were concerned about the nation’s involvement in the Vietnam War, Holt’s famous promise in this speech - that Australia would be ‘a staunch friend that will be all the way with LBJ’ - came to define this period of US-Australian relations.

On 20 October 1966, President Johnson arrived in Australia at Holt's invitation for a three-day state visit, the first to Australia by a serving U.S. President. The tour marked the first major anti-war demonstrations staged in Australia. In Sydney, protesters lay down in front of the car carrying Johnson and the Premier of New South Wales, Bob Askin (prompting Askin's notorious order to "Run over the bastards").
 In Melbourne, a crowd estimated at 750,000 turned out to welcome Johnson, although a vocal anti-war contingent demonstrated against the visit by throwing paint bombs at Johnson's car and chanting "LBJ, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?".

#####

No one got run over...we'd not be standing for that tripe.

To get enough troops for the slaughter the Holt govt introduced conscription/the draft.
That went down like a lead balloon too.
Protests everywhere about that.
"Not happy Harold".

"All the way with LBJ"...baaah.
Conscription?..."Nuke Em" I said ...as I was forced to register for the ballot.
"This is just like Nazi Germany" I said...as I was forced to register for the ballot.
"We've got nukes...use them!" I said...as i was forced to register for the ballot.
"Nuke Hanoi, turn Nth Vietnam into ash" I said ...as I was forced to register for the ballot.

bambu-ilk later had everyone made equal.
We got conscription abolished...they'll never try that again, because we'll be insisting that 'Barbie' and 'Muslim women' etc get drafted, not just 'White males'.

We got the death penalty abolished, no more govt man able to put people in death chambers.
We got corporal punishment abolished...no more canes in school for teachers to bash students with.

Should've been;  "NO WAY LBJ, stop the lunacy, find another way"!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:00:04 AM by bambu » Logged

Peace...and God bless the kuffar.
Hamilton the First
Superhero Member

"All the genius I know comes from hard work."--Me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3381 on: October 14, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »

FDR by far then Lincoln and LBJ pushing through the JFK legacy and a nod to Teddy R.Worst Hoover,Grant,GWB and Regan.

Polk had a set. Got a lot done, too. underrated.

However....

NO one beats Washington. He walked away from the emperor's throne and set the tone for the rest of the crew.

JFK had a legacy?

RFK. He would have had a legacy; had a lot more balls than his brother.

“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---James Baldwin
FlyingVProd
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3382 on: August 17, 2016, 11:51:17 PM »

Alexis de Tocqueville wrote that people can start fresh in America, and you can start a new life, and you can dream, and you can achieve your dreams in America.

Link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:10:15 PM by FlyingVProd » Logged
Hamilton the First
Superhero Member

"All the genius I know comes from hard work."--Me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3383 on: August 18, 2016, 11:02:37 AM »

Trump would hate Alex.

“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---James Baldwin
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226]
  Print  

Jump to: