Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
August 19, 2017, 06:16:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who will at least try to use nukes in the next 3.5 years?  (Voting closed: August 17, 2017, 01:04:56 AM)
North Korea (NK) - 0 (0%)
United States (US) - 0 (0%)
NK & US - 1 (12.5%)
Nobody - 6 (75%)
NK, US, and one or more others - 1 (12.5%)
One or more others, but not the US or NK - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 818
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 92720 times)
bankshot1, bambu, josh and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

Mystic, awful was the process.

View Profile
« Reply #11340 on: August 12, 2017, 11:27:51 PM »

The driver claims he was surrounded and he panicked.

This would have far more credence if:
a) He had not stopped, then accelerated at full speed in reverse;
b) He did not have tinted windows;
and
c) He had not removed his license plates before doing this.

I hope he is tried, found guilty, and given life in prison - with Black cellmates.

"The climate is always changing."
josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: August 12, 2017, 11:36:08 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/2016-was-really-bad-for-the-climate-huh/536451/

More climate news for those of us who are rational and are not in denial.

Bambu, Kid, and Laughing Boy should ignore this post until they decide science is real.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:29:18 AM by josh » Logged

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11342 on: August 12, 2017, 11:49:22 PM »

The removal of which shows an aversion to inclusion.

They were just southerners, families of some of the first settlers of our nation.

"just southerners"

No, they were slave owners and supporters of slavery.

Yes, it shows an aversion to inclusion of those who tried to enforce a policy that the African-Americans (Blacks, Negros, what have you) were less than fully human.

A position you seem to support.

Not so much.....

Jackson actually taught one of his family's slaves to read.

Lee inherited slaves that he would rather have had nothing to do with.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

"Is it looking more like Apple or Enron?"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11343 on: August 13, 2017, 12:15:17 AM »

The removal of which shows an aversion to inclusion.

They were just southerners, families of some of the first settlers of our nation.

"just southerners"

No, they were slave owners and supporters of slavery.

Yes, it shows an aversion to inclusion of those who tried to enforce a policy that the African-Americans (Blacks, Negros, what have you) were less than fully human.

A position you seem to support.

Not so much.....

Kid is into the low bigotry of soft expectations. The little lead infantry men he used to eat were all confederate soldiers.

"This president should not be the president. The sooner he is not, the better." - Ross Douthat, 07/26/2017
RedStateWard
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11344 on: August 13, 2017, 12:15:54 AM »

More climate news for those of us who are rationale and are not in denial.

Take away the "e" and you have the adjective you need.
And two ares in the same sentence?

Really.

69-13-910-30-11
josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: August 13, 2017, 12:28:29 AM »

I think the instability evidence started arriving in 2015, and evidence of a major personality disorder was on a display Inauguration Day, when Trump insisted that his crowds were huger than anything before.  Kid's entire argument here consists of:

Dislike of a President = Clouded Judgment = Everythiing You Say is Wrong Nyah Nyah Nyah

Given the towering stacks of instability evidence (tweets, sudden position shifts, diplomatic faux pas, paranoid attacks on journalists, etc.), we should really flip this on Kid and ask him to provide evidence of stability.  

Evidence that he is willling to present for critical scrutiny.  

Kid's stability or Trump's?!

Not that it matters - he will provide none of either, while insisting, Laughing Boy-like, that he has.

josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: August 13, 2017, 12:33:02 AM »

More climate news for those of us who are rationale and are not in denial.

Take away the "e" and you have the adjective you need.
And two ares in the same sentence?

Really.

OMG, Laughing Boy - I made a typo and failed to see it before you did.

But unlike you, when I make a simple mistake of that sort, I simply admit it.

Two ares in one sentence, OTOH, is not a mistake. You don't like it?

Fine.

I don't like your refusal to renounce the racist and anti-semitic language of the white supremacists who were protesting in Charlottesville

NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11347 on: August 13, 2017, 12:42:17 AM »

Seeing white supremacists lead a march holding a Nazi flag should evoke revulsion in this country and immediate condemnation from Trump.

Where's his outrage?

Like with all groups. one clown should not define it.

The "group" was protesting the removal of the Lee statue.

Do you deny their right o be upset about such removal?

What was the exact reason such a long standing monument WAS removed?

You'd probably rather just attack certain members of one of the protesting groups, but take a swing at that one.

Somewhere in prison Dylan Roof is smiling as he considers the day's triumph. "Mission Accomplished" he thinks while muttering, "RAHOWA! RAHOWA!"

“He has reached a level of douchebaggery that will live on for generations, passed down by windtalkers and the like.”

--- Borrowed from Jimmy McGill
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11348 on: August 13, 2017, 01:11:05 AM »

Wow.

Schumer is so out to lunch

Cries that Trump will not place BLAME at Charlottesville.

So, lets see -

They decide to take down the statue of a great American

A group APPLIES FOR A PERMIT to a certain park to lawfully assemble (this would be the group being called "alt-right" by much of the television media currently)

The group is DENIED - and given a permit a MILE from where they wished to assemble

Meanwhile, BUSLOADS of "counterprotestors" are scheduled to arrive.  Wouold there be violence if this was not so?

AND - these counterprotest groups are GIVEN PERMITS CLOSER TO where the other group ASKED to assemble.

So, Chuckie baby - The Schu - the Big block of Dem Cheese -

President Trump should come out and BLAME the group that wished to assemble and not give even a mention to the busloads?

Que'?

Robert E. Lee was an ACTUAL traitor who fought against the US of America to maintain an economic system depending using human beings for chattel slavery.

Yet he is a great American.

Fuck him.

Rip out every Confederate monument on public land. Just tear off the scab and get it over with.

“He has reached a level of douchebaggery that will live on for generations, passed down by windtalkers and the like.”

NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11349 on: August 13, 2017, 01:25:16 AM »

https://www.dailystormer.com/charlottesville-complete-victory-event-debriefing/

If the rally had gone through as planned, that would have been a massive victory. But this. This is a bigger victory than we ever could have hoped for.

The whole world just witnessed the cops attacking a peaceful demonstration in order to silence our ideas.

We have now solidified ourselves as the resistance to the system.

No successful rally could have been worth the message that this sends.

This is a victory of victories.

And this war has only just begun.

Everyone who is in Charlottesville, enjoy your evening meetups. Celebrate.

The Alt-Right has risen.

There is no going back from this.

This was our Beer Hall Putsch.

This was the beginning of our revolution.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11350 on: August 13, 2017, 01:27:35 AM »

"I will not take arms against my country but must defend myself if they attack my home state Virginia"
josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: August 13, 2017, 03:09:34 AM »

"I will not take arms against my country but must defend myself if they attack my home state Virginia"

Your ongoing support of slavery is noted, Kid.

Your failure to reject anti-semitism is, as well.

Robert E. Lee made his choices. You have made yours.

That you think Jackson's teaching a slave to read makes him other than a supporter of slavery ought to be astounding. It is, instead, just sad. It would be like your thinking that Jefferson's having had sex with Sally meant he was not a supporter of slavery or that she was in any way less a slave.

Wow.

Yep - Less inherited slaves that he would have preferred to have had nothing to do with. That's what you've been told, sure. This is what Lee said in 1856:
I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence. Their emancipation will sooner result from the mild & melting influence of Christianity, than the storms & tempests of fiery Controversy.

He broke up families, Kid, sending them to work on other plantations, but not together, despite the traditions that those families had had with owners before him. From an article, "Lee’s slaves regarded him as “the worst man I ever see.”" That latter quote is from  Elizabeth Brown Pryor’s Reading the Man, a profile of Lee - and a direct quote from one of his slaves.

Lee had plenty of chances to free his slaves. He chose not to.

Don't paint him like some kind of tortured soul over slavery!

In October 1857, for a second time Lee came to be in charge of slaves through the death of another - his wife's father. 65-70 slaves lived in the Arlington VA plantation, along with some freed bondsmen. George Custis (dad) and his wife encouraged slave families, marriages, etc. Mrs. Custis ran a school of sorts for the slave children, in violation of Virginia law. They rarely sold slaves and more rarely broke up families. 

Mind you, the Custis men had traditionally been happy to take sexual advantage of their slaves - George was no exception - and he freed a handful of female slaves and their mulatto children, taking a patermal interest in them (according to the records).

The slaves believed that George's will said they should be freed - and they were right, but the will permitted the executor to determine the timing.

Lee set that timing at 5 years hence. Escape attempts increased.

I remained with Gen. Lee about seventeen months, when my sister Mary, a cousin of ours, and I determined to run away, which we did in the year 1859; we had already reached Westminster, in Maryland, on our way to the North, when we were apprehended and thrown into prison, and Gen. Lee notified of our arrest; we remained in prison fifteen days, when we were sent back to Arlington; we were immediately taken before Gen. Lee, who demanded the reason why we ran away; we frankly told him that we considered ourselves free; he then told us he would teach us a lesson we never would forget; he then ordered us to the barn, where in his presence, we were tied firmly to posts by a Mr. Gwin, our overseer, who was ordered by Gen. Lee to strip us to the waist and give us fifty lashes each, excepting my sister, who received but twenty; we were accordingly stripped to the skin by the overseer, who, however, had sufficient humanity to decline whipping us; accordingly Dick Williams, a county constable was called in, who gave us the number ofl ashes ordered; Gen. Lee, in the meantime, stood by, and frequently enjoined Williams to "lay it on well," an injunction which he did not fail to heed; not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done.

Lee only freed those slaves when the courts forced him to.

Kid yourself, Kid, if you must.

But yeah, Robert E. Lee ACTIVELY supported slavery.

NeedsAdjustment

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11352 on: August 13, 2017, 07:41:08 AM »

Applause for Ted Cruz for his strong condemnation of the acts of domestic terrorism yesterday and for calling out the groups responsible and their ideology of hatred by NAME.

And at the same time showing why Trump's rambling and meaningless response was beyond disgusting.

Yesterday the day Trump proved he is not our President.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11353 on: August 13, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »

Anyone hearing Trump's equivocation knew his ad-libbed "on many sides" was giving a pass to the racists and Nazis.

Seriously why was it impossible for Der Fire und Fury Prez to specifically condemn American Nazis terrorizing and murdering Americans?

what the fuck is wrong with this guy?

"If I were you I'd be pretty pissed, too, but I don't think anyone but you and I know what actually went up there on the board last weekend. I know I stepped over the line, and I did apologize, but I apologize again. It has bothered me all week, frankly, to know that I acted in such a manner"-Utley
josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: August 13, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »

This seems to me to sum up the internal deceit of those defending the marchers:

"We're just disaffected folks, standing up for our rights to be racist, anti-semitic folks! But you folks... you call us Nazis, and that pushes us to the right, politically! It's your fault."

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 818
  Print  

Jump to: