Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
September 22, 2017, 11:40:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the United States take an official position on the Catalan independence movement?  (Voting closes: September 26, 2017, 05:54:08 PM)
None of its business. Butt out. - 2 (40%)
No, because it might encourage U.S. secessionist notions. - 0 (0%)
No. The U.S. may have a vested interest, but it is unclear that the US know enough to choose a side. - 1 (20%)
Yes. Spain is its ally and the US support its allies. - 0 (0%)
Yes. The US was once a small, put upon peoples and believe in the democratic process (mostly). - 1 (20%)
Yes.The US is the only true superpower in the world and it should have positions on everything or it'll look weak! - 0 (0%)
I don't know - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 985
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 112449 times)
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14115 on: September 13, 2017, 12:15:11 AM »

This Administration is Fucking Toast.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

"Is it looking more like Apple or Enron?"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14116 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:09 AM »

You noticed.

Josh, the fact that private coverage sucks is probably the best and clearest argument. Unfortunately Red has become so Russified by his outrage feed he can no longer digest simple truths or the world as it is.

You have to pity Red, a man without teeth or a party.

"This president should not be the president. The sooner he is not, the better." - Ross Douthat, 07/26/2017
josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

Mystic, awful was the process.

View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: September 13, 2017, 12:56:37 AM »

You noticed.

Josh, the fact that private coverage sucks is probably the best and clearest argument. Unfortunately Red has become so Russified by his outrage feed he can no longer digest simple truths or the world as it is.

You have to pity Red, a man without teeth or a party.

"no longer?"

When was he last able to?

"The climate is always changing."
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

"Is it looking more like Apple or Enron?"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14118 on: September 13, 2017, 01:23:38 AM »

Probably long before we started knowing him as Red.

"This president should not be the president. The sooner he is not, the better." - Ross Douthat, 07/26/2017
Superhero Member

Salt Grains Sold Separately

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14119 on: September 13, 2017, 01:43:20 AM »

The questions I have for you, are. If the coverage net costs you (and everyone) less for similar coverage (and lower drug prices) versus what we're paying now, would you be in favor of fully paid Single Payer?

If not, why not?

You live oblivious to the real world.
Bernie will propose destroying the health plans of more than half of the non-elderly of the United States, including roughly 150 million people who are currently covered by employer-provided insurance. And he will be promising massive tax increases to make it happen.
Guess you missed his 2016 planhttps://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/.

And for what?
Reduced coverage due to high prices, long waits for routine procedures, fewer doctors and nurses, etc.  Its happened everywhere single payer is in effect.  ObamaCare's architects called Americans stupid as they built that house of cards that led to democrats exiting Washington in 2010.
Go ahead.
Try that shit again.
Please.

Huh...

You copied the questions and then deliberately didn't answer them.

"Go ahead.
Try to shit again.
Please.!!!" He kept telling himself.

That which doesn't kill me.
Will only make me stranger.
Driver125
Superhero Member

That's right-ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14120 on: September 13, 2017, 07:09:26 AM »

Probably long before we started knowing him as Red.
   Well, in some sort of perverted way you have to admire Red’s perseverance. Here he is, spending literally years in what is primarily a nest of progressive posters (minus the brain dead such as Kid or the obviously messed up up such as Bambu or Luee), yet he just continues to pump out his never-changing litany of the logically-deficient far right cement-head. Makes you wonder if he might not have some connection to Russian botts? Just another day at the office—if your office were located in Moscow.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:15:48 AM by Driver125 » Logged
NeedsAdjustment

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14121 on: September 13, 2017, 09:50:23 AM »

Trump's voter fraud panel is tasked to complete a serious inquiry about a very real issue that they have been alerted to by a friend of one of Trump's golf buddies.  This is not at all a partisan attempt to disenfranchise voters who trend toward voting for Democrats, it is true threat to the sanctity of our Democracy.  One that should be taken seriously by members of both parties.

Which is exactly why a member of the Heritage Foundation tasked with heading this issue, and also a member of Trump's voting fraud commission, has written a letter to Sessions angrily demanding that any Democrats or mainstream Republicans not be allowed to participate in the commission.

This is a serious bi-partisan matter that clearly only extreme ideologically driven Republicans are equipped to deal with in an impartial way.

Thank you.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14122 on: September 13, 2017, 10:31:36 AM »

3.3 more years.

Enjoy.
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14123 on: September 13, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »

Ouch...

But I suppose... with enough butter...No, butter melts, maybe peanut butter... creamy of course (yikes, why would you even ask?)

When you're a celebrity the toast'll let you do anything. Grab it by the crust...

bankshot1
Superhero Member

Utley runs away again SSDD heh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14124 on: September 13, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »

3.3 more years.

Enjoy.

He got lucky the last 2 weeks as natural disasters over-shadowed the man-made shit-show that is his Presidency.

"If I were you I'd be pretty pissed, too, but I don't think anyone but you and I know what actually went up there on the board last weekend. I know I stepped over the line, and I did apologize, but I apologize again. It has bothered me all week, frankly, to know that I acted in such a manner"-Utley
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14125 on: September 13, 2017, 11:10:34 AM »

Bernie will propose destroying the health plans of more than half of the non-elderly of the United States, including roughly 150 million people who are currently covered by employer-provided insurance. And he will be promising massive tax increases to make it happen.
Guess you missed his 2016 planhttps://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/.

Massive tax increases?

1. A 6.2 percent income-based health care premium paid by employers.
2. A 2.2 percent income-based premium paid by households.
3. Progressive income tax rates.
37 percent on income between $250,000 and $500,000.
43 percent on income between $500,000 and $2 million.
48 percent on income between $2 million and $10 million. (In 2013, only 113,000 households, the top 0.08 percent of taxpayers, had income between $2 million and $10 million.)
52 percent on income above $10 million. (In 2013, only 13,000 households, just 0.01 percent of taxpayers, had income exceeding $10 million.)
4.Taxing capital gains and dividends the same as income from work.
5. Limit tax deductions for rich. [this one is pretty big on the upper middle class, I will agree]
6. The Responsible Estate Tax.
7. (not a tax)

More than half of the "non elderly" How much more than half? (usually when someone says "more that half, they are trying to make 51% sound bigger) Because that means that somewhere near to half are currently non covered. And both employees and employers will be glad to have the burden of health insurance behind them.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14126 on: September 13, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »

Hearing Ms Clinton today:

"What about..........voter suppression?"

- What IS her stance on voter suppression and the 2016 election?

"What about.........sexism...misogyny?"

- Didn't she know this going in?  Isn't this the playing field she has worked in the real world for 40 years?
josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: September 13, 2017, 11:38:15 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-reform/u-s-waives-environmental-reviews-california-border-wall-n800876

We need to put up the wall we were told we would not have to pay for so urgently that we cannot bother following our own laws?

Sorry, that makes no sense. I am glad there is a suit about it, though I am not optimistic about the suit.

Maybe it can slow things down for those 3.3 years...

josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: September 13, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »

Trump's voter fraud panel is tasked to complete a serious inquiry about a very real issue that they have been alerted to by a friend of one of Trump's golf buddies.  This is not at all a partisan attempt to disenfranchise voters who trend toward voting for Democrats, it is true threat to the sanctity of our Democracy.  One that should be taken seriously by members of both parties.

Which is exactly why a member of the Heritage Foundation tasked with heading this issue, and also a member of Trump's voting fraud commission, has written a letter to Sessions angrily demanding that any Democrats or mainstream Republicans not be allowed to participate in the commission.

This is a serious bi-partisan matter that clearly only extreme ideologically driven Republicans are equipped to deal with in an impartial way.

Thank you.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/kobach-faces-critics-election-integrity-panel-after-claiming-fraud-new-n800751

Nothing like having a leader of the commission publicly writing immediately before their meetings about the conclusions he has come to prior to gathering facts.

josh
Global Moderator
Superhero Member

View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: September 13, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-russia-used-facebook-events-to-organize-anti-immigrant-rallies-on-us-soil

So, if you are advocating against immigrants in the United States, you are working with the Russians.

And doubly so if you are of and in another country.

Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 985
  Print  

Jump to: