Home and Garden > Home

Home

<< < (2/7) > >>

FlyingVProd:

--- Quote from: luee on February 01, 2019, 02:58:29 PM ---In my youth I lived in Anaheim for a couple years in a place called the club continental apartments. Low priced and beautiful  alas those days are gone looking for retirement nothing there. Florida seems a retirement heaven. 55+ communities all over the place. I am looking at the Tampa St Pete area. Large metro area and for me VA facilities all over, at amazingly affordable prices for the fixed income retiree.

--- End quote ---

Yes, Anaheim is great, but it is getting expensive, and there is a housing shortage, new housing is being built but it is still expensive.

Florida is beautiful, I love Florida, but there are hurricanes and tornadoes, and bugs.

Have you considered Nevada? Do you like Las Vegas? Or Reno? Or Elko? Or maybe Carson City? Just a thought. Nevada is cheap, and Nevada does not have bad storms or anything, and there are no bugs, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd:
For the people who love the Antelope Valley in California, you need to fight to save the Antelope Valley. Get rid of the prison, demolish the prison, and build a high speed train between Lancaster and Los Angeles. And create preserves to preserve the ancient Joshua Tree forests. Etc, etc, etc. And force the builders to build nicer homes, on larger lots, with horse property, etc, etc, etc. 

People need to be smart when they build. Everything needs to be planned out. It cannot just be a bunch of greedy people wanting to make money, you have to actually have people who care and who want to make the area nice. Also, people need jobs, and so you cannot build a bunch of houses with no jobs, you need to create jobs for the people, so you need to zone areas for industrial, etc. Areas can also be cleaned up by turning the areas into retirement areas, for people over 55, etc. And people need to save land for parks and for preserves. Etc. 

Quartz Hill needs to have nicer homes, with larger lots, and horse property, etc. Some of the apartment complexes can be turned into retirement housing for people 55 and over. Way back, the people of Quartz Hill were for zero growth, we did not want to allow any building at all, but if they were going to build then it had to be nice houses like Los Hermanos, etc, and even nicer, with ranch property, etc. Way out on the westside can be ranches. And someone needs to build a night club on top of Quartz Hill Mountain, Eddie Fisher was going to build a club there, but it never happened. Those are some thoughts on that area.

People can build factories in Mojave, to manufacture things such as batteries, and airplane windows, and equipment for green energy, etc, etc, etc, many things can be manufactured in Mojave. I told them all of my ideas and they read my email at a town hall meeting there. Great jobs can be created in Mojave. Mojave needs to be zoned for manufacturing. 

California City can have affordable housing for retired people, the retired people can play golf, and there can be air conditioned movie theatres for them, and good restaurants, and bowling, and all of the clubs such as Kiwanis, and there can be other things that retired people like to do. 

Also, the high speed train between Lancaster and Los Angeles needs to be built right now. Why wait? We should build the train now, it is in the master plan, we need to hurry and get it built so that people can ride the trains instead of being stuck in a traffic jam. The Metro trains are great, but we need the high speed trains. I bet some old aerospace and defense people could build a great high speed train, the Antelope Valley has some brilliant people. 

The people who love the Antelope Valley need to take ownership, like they do in Malibu. People need to value and respect and want to protect and improve the areas where they live. 

Oh, and build a movie studio, and have movie equipment rentals, and demolish the prison. 

If you love the Antelope Valley then you need to show up at the city hall meetings and stuff, and you need to be involved in having a say pertaining to what happens in your home where you live and where you are raising children and grandchildren, etc, and for future generations. 

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd:
On the issue of our high speed trains...

Richard Branson and Virgin has entered the game here in the USA now, and Virgin is working together with Brightline in Florida, and they are wanting to build a high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas. It can happen if Branson comes on to help. Also, Warren Buffett is into freight trains, and maybe Buffett can join together with Branson to help our high speed trains to happen, maybe Buffett would want high speed freight.

And the high speed train between Bakersfield and Merced is great, at least we built something. I want to go ride it. I want to check out the new technology and engineering. If people like the California high speed rail that we built, then maybe we will finish the whole route.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd:
Edwards Air Force Base
23 mins ·

Acting Secretary of the Air Force Matthew Donovan announced Sept. 16 that the B-21 Raider is being produced in Northrop Grumman’s Palmdale, California, facility - the same location as the B-2 Spirit. In addition, the 420th Flight Test Squadron at Edwards Air Force Base, California, will be reactivated to support testing of the B-21 Raider, as it did for the B-2.

-------------

Very cool! The Antelope Valley needs the jobs, and these are great jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd:
There needs to be a giant aerospace museum built in Lancaster, California, celebrating the rich history of aerospace in the Antelope Valley. And the museum needs to be so great that people will travel from Los Angeles to Lancaster to visit the museum, and the museum needs to be so great that it will attract people from around the world.

And history is still being made in the Antelope Valley.

Salute,

Tony V.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version