Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Home  (Read 17363 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Home
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 05:12:43 PM »

The setup of my apartment here in Anaheim is like Tony's house on the television show "I Dream of Jeannie" and the French doors are the same and everything. His house on the show is in Cape Canaveral, Florida, where the Kennedy Space Center is, and of course he is an astronaut on the show. Barbara Eden played Jeannie on the show, she was very hot and sexy, she was every man's dream. It was a great show.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »

When this crisis is over, it would be nice if we could have more people working from home, and it would be nice if we could keep the freeways open and if we could keep the air clean, etc. Right now the air is so nice and clean, and there are hardly any cars on the roads, it is great. I hope we do not go back to crowded freeways and traffic jams.

We need to plan better, and build communities better. Every neighborhood should have a store and a pharmacy, so people can shop local, and people can work from home, also there can be factories and stuff close to the housing. We should make things better than how it was before, we need to be smarter. And more people can ride bicycles like I do, etc, with good planning then people do not even need cars.

Some great manufacturing can happen in Mojave. They can build electric Corvettes, and electric Jeeps. They can build many great things. And they can manufacture solar panels and all of the stuff for clean energy. When we build our high speed train between Los Angeles and Lancaster, and between Vegas and Anaheim, they can manufacture the trains in Mojave. They can also build fast new planes like the Concorde only better and faster, to bring air travel into the future. Lots of great jobs can be created in Mojave, and that will mean that all of those people will not be stuck in traffic. They can live in Quartz Hill and Lancaster and they can work in Mojave, etc. Instead of spending 5 hours a day stuck in traffic, they can simply work in Mojave. And the people can be trained for the jobs at AVC.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 04:44:48 PM »

A couple of good safety tips for those of you who are moving to California on your own for the first time...

Do not open the door of your apartment when someone knocks if you are not expecting company. That was the first thing that our former manager Esperanza told me when I moved into this apartment, she said to lock the door and do not open it unless I am expecting company. You can avoid a lot of drama by not opening the door, and it might even save your life.

Do not let strangers into your apartment for any reason. When I first moved in it was a hot summer night, and I was listening to music out on my balcony, drinking beer, and I was loving my new apartment, and a beautiful woman walked by under my balcony, and so we talked, and she wanted to come up to my apartment, and I had to tell her "No." She was beautiful, but I do not allow strangers into my apartment. She could have been mentally ill. She could have said that I tried to rape her. You just never know. Plus people steal, I let a guy use my bathroom once and he stole my expensive cologne. Do not let strangers into your apartment.

Also, your home is your castle. You need to feel safe and comfortable in your home. Your home is your sanctuary. Do not let anyone be abusive to you in any way in your own home, make them leave and do not allow them into your home. It is your home, you need to feel safe in your home. No one should be allowed to abuse you in your own home, make them leave and do not invite them into your home. And in Florida you can shoot someone with a gun if they threaten your safety in your own home, and it should be that way everywhere.

You need to be safe at home, and you need to be able to enjoy your home. I have lived in a lot of bad neighborhoods, and I have survived from being smart and by not opening the door when strangers come unannounced, and by not allowing strangers into my apartment.

Also, if a woman is married, you should not be alone with her in your apartment, or if she has a boyfriend. You do not want people to get the wrong idea. You have to avoid inappropriate situations.

It is great to have your own apartment in Southern California, but for those of you who are on your own for the first time then you need to be careful and you need to take precautions.

Salute,

Tony V.

oilcan

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 11:44:38 AM »

Marie Kondo on Colbert... worth googling.   I love when he empties his desk and holds each object in his hands.   Marie is adorable.   

And, if you're familiar with her whole aesthetic philosophy (it's not really minimalism,  it's just common sense),  you may have realized you will enjoy your stuff a lot more if you weed it,  sort it,  and have it where you actually derive life and happiness from it.   

I have probably 1/5 of the possessions i had when i was forty, and our house is so much more beautiful and welcoming as a result.   The world doesn't need so many factories cranking out ephemeral crap.   

barton

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »

barton

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 10:42:35 AM »

I'll say one thing for Marie...she nails it,  so far as books are concerned.   80% of the books on your shelves that you think you might reread someday, you just won't.   Keep the other 20% and get rid of the intellectual window-dressing and dust traps.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »

When I worked at Empire West as a valet/doorman after college and acting school, back on 1998-99, the building was full of stars and Suzanne Pleshette was my boss. It was a fun job because of all of the great people who I was able to meet. Zsa Zsa Gabor used to come hang out with Suzanne Pleshette, and Hal Needham lived there, and Jerry Vale lived there, and many other great people lived there. And if you work in the entertainment industry then it would be great to live in the Empire West building because you could make movies with your neighbors. The building has always been full of people who work in the entertainment industry.

Salute,

Tony V.

https://www.facebook.com/EmpireWest

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »

For two point five million dollars you can get a Penthouse at Empire West...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/empire-west-penthouse-on-_n_783037

The whole building was full of stars when I worked there.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 05:10:59 PM »

A lot of people go out to the desert and live in their RVs and there is a swap meet where they sell stuff to make money while they are there. The town is Quartzsite, Arizona. People live in their RVs and they make and sell jewelry and whatever else they can sell. 

https://blog.goodsam.com/quartzsite-shows/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartzsite,_Arizona

There is a television show about Quartzsite on PBS. It is like a big commune in the desert. If you are out there homeless in your RV, then you can go check out Quartzsite. And for people who want to live the flower child lifestyle. 

Salute,

Tony V. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2021, 11:47:09 PM »

There is a great Mid Century Modern home down the street, it would be a perfect home to raise a family, and the area has great schools.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-century_modern

https://visitpalmsprings.com/discover-palm-springs-mid-century-modern-architecture/

Mid Century Modern is fun architecture, and we love it here in Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 03:15:07 PM »

Suzanne Pleshette lived in a cool building where all of her neighbors were in the Entertainment Industry, she could make movies with her neighbors. I would love to be able to live someplace where I could make movies with my neighbors.

When I lived in Malibu we had a lot of people from the Entertainment Industry, I would love to live in Malibu again. I would love to have my same house.

Here in Anaheim we have the Dodge film school at Chapman which is close by. Tons of new student housing is being built for the students, including for the film students. I hope they make a lot of films here in the OC and I would love to act in some student films.

You would think that we would have more filmmakers in the OC, maybe it will help if someone builds a new modern film and television studio here, maybe Disney will build a studio here.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 10:09:32 AM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »

Rebuilding affordable homes, after the Dixie Fire...with burned trees.  Might be worth retooling a sawmill for.  And returning to Native methods to keep future wildfires from doing so much destruction.

https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2022-05-30/greenville-was-destroyed-by-a-wildfire-can-it-be-rebuilt

Where I live, we were breathing some of Greenville last summer.  Over a thousand miles away.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2022, 05:19:10 PM »

For the Pepperdine students who are living in the villas at Latigo Beach, those students have it made. The only thing, is when you start at the top then there is no where to work your way up to. Some people take pride in working their way up from the bad neighborhoods. The USC students who live in Los Angeles have a whole different life than the students living on the beach in Malibu.

And that is one thing to remember as an actor is that each neighborhood has its own vibe, Los Angeles and Malibu have a totally different vibe. And living in an apartment on Hoover or Occidental by Lafayette Park is totally different than living on the beach at Latigo.

I lived in a Malibu beach house for one year, and it was fantastic, we had a maid, and gardeners, and you had to go through two security gates to get to our house. I experienced a level of relaxation in our rose garden overlooking the ocean that was fantastic. I like the beach vibe.

And I also spent time in Los Angeles by USC, and the school is fantastic, but you have to be careful in the neighborhoods. The neighborhoods by USC are not so safe, for sure not like Malibu.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2024, 11:09:20 AM »

I have a cousin who lives in a travel trailer in the rain forest of Oregon, she is retired with her husband. She pointed out that the average income in Anaheim is $80,000 per year. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to live here. I live in a great neighborhood about 5 miles from Disneyland. I am poor so I can never afford to go to Disneyland, but I live in a great neighborhood.

There is a lot here that I want to explore, after I get some money rolling in and get a girlfriend to explore with me. I have not been to Disneyland since I was a child. I want to explore Disneyland, and there are a few restaurants here that I want to try. Then, I want to explore the rest of California, I want to explore the Wine Country, and I want to go see the Hearst Castle, and I want to go see the Francis Ford Coppola Winery and eat there at the restaurant. There is a lot that I want to explore here in Anaheim, and here in the state of California.

We have problems here with gang violence, which is silly, and people can get caught up in the down side of living here and they can forget how lucky we are to live here. Orange County is rich, there is no reason for crime here. People need to be wise enough to avoid the drugs and gangs, and California has a lot of good positive aspects.

I wanted to live in Rome, Italy, but I am grateful to live in Anaheim. And I might end up living back in Malibu. We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 [2] 3