Home and Garden > Pets

Pets

(1/7) > >>

liquidsilver:
Are you a cat lover? Do you need help training your dog? Discuss your pets here.

bodiddley:
This is probably one of those flukes, but pretty scary that a simple dog lick led to dog saliva bacteria entering a man's bloodstream, resulting in septic shock and within a few days his legs and hands had to be amputated.
https://www.thisisinsider.com/man-dog-lick-sepsis-infection-legs-hands-amputated-2018-8

That's why I prefer cats who merely put toxoplasmosis cysts in your brain.

Actually since I was a kid dogs generally don't like me.  Doesn't matter if I look at them or not, dogs sense something and get angry at me, maybe realizing that I'm a cat person.

barton:
Dogs bark angrily at all strangers.   It has nothing to do with with ailurophile tendencies, AFAIK.   I have found that the less hysteric dogs,  if you look at them and speak in a calm low voice, will subside and let you pass by.   It also helps to slow your pace and not make sudden nervous gestures.  They are very territorial and want the sense that you are respectful of their space.   

As for cats,  have you seen all the Henri vignettes?  I think there are eleven or twelve now.   We are big fans.   "Immortalized on the wall, forgotten on the floor."

FlyingVProd:
On the issue of pets and making money...

You could earn one million dollars per year, gross, if you open your own dog kennel in Anaheim, or in Las Vegas, or other populated area and tourism is a plus.

If you have boarding, at twenty five dollars per night per dog, and if you average eighty dogs per night, then you can earn seven hundred and thirty thousand dollars per year just from boarding.

Then you have grooming. If you have a good sized grooming shop, with six groomers, then you can earn three hundred thousand dollars per year for that, easy.

So just from boarding and grooming you can earn one million dollars per year.

Then you have training. You can charge five hundred dollars for a two week in kennel training, they drop off the dog, and they come back in two weeks and the dog is all trained. If you average ten dogs for every two week training program, then that is one hundred and thirty thousand dollars per year.

So, that is over one million dollars per year, just for getting to work with dogs.

You could also breed dogs, and have champion Dobermans or whatever, and some people like to enter dogs in dog shows.

But, you have the over-head, and salaries for the workers, and insurance, etc, etc, etc.

If you love dogs, then you might consider opening your own dog kennel.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2018/12/05/peta-wants-change-anti-animal-sayings-internet-thinks-theyre-feeding-fed-horse/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0b4b1b7e452e

Surely PETA has bigger fish to fry?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version