Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 280 times)

liquidsilver

• View Profile
Pets
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:07:31 PM »

Are you a cat lover? Do you need help training your dog? Discuss your pets here.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Pets
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:50:40 AM »

This is probably one of those flukes, but pretty scary that a simple dog lick led to dog saliva bacteria entering a man's bloodstream, resulting in septic shock and within a few days his legs and hands had to be amputated.
https://www.thisisinsider.com/man-dog-lick-sepsis-infection-legs-hands-amputated-2018-8

That's why I prefer cats who merely put toxoplasmosis cysts in your brain.

Actually since I was a kid dogs generally don't like me.  Doesn't matter if I look at them or not, dogs sense something and get angry at me, maybe realizing that I'm a cat person.

Bart

• View Profile
Re: Pets
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 11:58:30 AM »

Dogs bark angrily at all strangers.   It has nothing to do with with ailurophile tendencies, AFAIK.   I have found that the less hysteric dogs,  if you look at them and speak in a calm low voice, will subside and let you pass by.   It also helps to slow your pace and not make sudden nervous gestures.  They are very territorial and want the sense that you are respectful of their space.   

As for cats,  have you seen all the Henri vignettes?  I think there are eleven or twelve now.   We are big fans.   "Immortalized on the wall, forgotten on the floor."
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "