Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
December 17, 2017, 07:07:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creative Writing  (Read 17419 times)
Beppo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2250 on: June 16, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »

Beppo: A fan o' Joyce, are ye?

I've swam a few lengths in the scrotumtighteningsea...
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2251 on: June 16, 2008, 09:35:01 PM »

[beppo: A very happy belated-but-still-Bloomsday!]

Meanwhile, Gordon had tunneled his way into a private wine cellar and was wondering if the timetable for his latest prison break could be expanded a bit to allow for some sampling and....

a nosh or two, should he be able to persuade the tunnelers at his behind...er, the tunnelers behind him to bring along some urine-smelling inner organs of animals such as those relished by not-the-producer-Leo(pold)-Bloom, or at least some not-the-other-producer-Bialystocks, or even a few not-the-JFK- Berliners.   
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:59:11 AM by nytempsperdu » Logged
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2252 on: June 20, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »

The Napoleon (not the former Corsican) was also tasty, though a bit past its freshness date.  Dolly Madison, by comparison, was only a coarse conglomerate of flour, corn syrup, and shortening, suitable for replacing calories lost in fierce picking and shoveling, but not worth keeping on the taste buds for more than a second.  After chasing it all with a Pinot Noir (a bit impertinent, with a smoky edge, and a slightly arboreal finish), he found his way upstairs and stumbled into a bedroom where Michelle Obama was trying on her new

"Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat!"
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2253 on: June 20, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »

doo-rag...

Don't dance on a volcano...
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2254 on: June 20, 2008, 11:16:15 AM »

OH HELL NO, KIT! LOLOLOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2255 on: June 20, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

Yes, not to be out-done by her significant other, who was last spotted "biking" in a rather uncool silver aero-dynamic helmet, Michelle...

Don't dance on a volcano...
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2256 on: June 20, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »

stepped up to the plate bedecked in a bright purple dress with a black, tubuler leather belt under her boobs that served to alert the entire planet that money doesn't buy taste.  Michelle, however, thought she looked stunning as she gazed at herself in the mirror, eyebrows arched in a sharp point a mere two inches below her hairline.

"I'm gonna go out there and show whitey that I am a true patriot with no agenda, even though this is a mean country and I'm proud of it for the first time in my life!"

"Now, honey," cooed Barak.  "Be careful what you say - these small-town bigots clinging to their guns and religion may get upset if you say the wrong thing, you know."

Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2257 on: November 27, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »

...and so it happened yet he really didn't have anything he wanted to say anyway, so...
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2258 on: December 11, 2017, 02:20:59 PM »

Not very creative, not even much in the writing department.

This passed weekend I happened to hear John Entwistle's I Was Just Being Friendly and noted how relevant it is to today's intergender mess (Not to excuse Wanker Weinstein et al)

SO I went to You Tube to find it, and I did. But not before finding This page of you tube advisors each giving advice to people wondering if (s)he is flirting.

For myself, I was young and gorgeous and working in retail. The older guy who ran the cosmetics counter was flamboyantly gay, and one of his funniest (albeit true) lines was "Don't touch me unless you MEAN it." I really didn't.

Anyway, enjoy the song, and peruse a few of the advistorials. I think they do point up some of the problems from the man's POV.

One more "thought" on the situation... (but it's a double, at least) Using the illegitimate rubric of "Women," women think that men exist in a non harassment environment. How did The Police say it? "And every single meeting, with his so called superior, Is a humiliating kick in the crotch!"
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151]
  Print  

Jump to: