Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Shopping  (Read 4442 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shopping
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »

Got any shopping tips?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 03:20:28 PM »

Thieves Sought After Robbery at Beverly Hills Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus

POSTED 10:10 AM, AUGUST 11, 2019, BY LOS ANGELES TIMES

https://ktla.com/2019/08/11/thieves-sought-after-robbery-at-beverly-hills-saks-fifth-avenue-and-neiman-marcus/

---------

When I worked at the Broadway department store in Pasadena, California, we used to have to really watch our merchandise. We had designer women's shoes that cost seven hundred dollars per pair, and we had mini skirts that cost six hundred dollars, etc, we had some very expensive items, we had good stuff, we had stuff designed by Nicole Miller, and Donna Karan, and Giorgio Armani, and others. Thieves would try to steal stuff right in front of us. For stores with expensive stuff, you need to have strong employees, and good security guards, etc, and everyone has to be on the lookout for thieves. And you have security cameras, etc. The Broadway went out of business, which is sad, it was a great store. Someone should bring the Broadway back, it still has name recognition.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 04:01:02 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »

My friend Valerie Hammond, from France, got a job at IKKS on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, please support her if you need cool clothes for your kids, and grandkids, and for the other children in your life. Valerie is way cool.

https://www.ikks-rodeo.com/

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »

When I was a kid we used to go to the malls in San Bernardino, San Bernardino used to have great malls, but they are all gone now for the most part, at least the ones I went to are gone. Now it is all thrift stores and pawn shops. I hope that San Bernardino bounces back after the corona virus, they need to flood the area with redevelopment money and business loans.

And I worked at the Broadway department store in Pasadena, and it was a great store, but it shut down, it is gone now.

The mall in Palmdale is actually a pretty good mall, and I love the Barnes and Noble bookstore in Palmdale. The economy in Palmdale is still doing well because of aerospace and defense.

I hope that we all bounce back good after this crisis.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 04:25:54 PM »

Many jewelry stores have been getting robbed lately, and people are doing smash and grab robberies. It is very important for the stores to have good security. There are still a lot of rich people in California who can afford to buy expensive jewelry, etc, so there is still motivation for people to open nice stores in California and to sell stuff here, but the stores need to all have good security.

And even with Macy's in New York City, they have to have good security. You can sell nice stuff but you need to have security.

We need to be allowed to have nice stores in the USA which sell nice stuff, and in order to operate in today's climate the stores need security.

And someone needs to reopen the Broadway Department Store in Pasadena, California. They can make it nice, and they need to have good security.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 03:28:20 AM »

As many stores and malls are closing, then I want to remind people that Department Stores are good fun jobs. I worked at the Broadway Department Store in Pasadena, California, and we had a lot of fun. Our whole team was starving artists, we had models, and actors, and musicians, etc. The Boss was a lady from Lebanon, and she wanted to own the store someday. She used to bring donuts for breakfast, and then she would buy pizza for dinner, she used to feed us. On the night shift we would bring in the stuff on the loading dock and then we would take it out of the boxes, and we would price the goods, and then we would take the goods to the appropriate department and set up the displays, etc. And we would play Rock and Roll over the sound system of the store while we worked. And we sold great stuff, we had all of the best stuff. We had fun, and it can be fun to work at department stores and at malls.

I hope that people will start opening the Broadway Department Stores back up, etc. And we need to save Macy's.

Of note, the Universal City Walk is a huge success, and every year they do better and better, the department stores can bring that same joy to their jobs and they can make shopping fun for people. People used to love to shop, just to go look at the goods, people love real brick and mortar stores.

And people love to try on the clothes before they buy them, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.