Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
December 13, 2017, 11:13:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Home  (Read 1000 times)
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »

desdemona,

You know that red Warning thing that goes up when we go to post but one or two or three are there in the meantime?

I don't mean to scare you but did you notice the claws on  the raccoon?

I had many barn cats in the Seventies but we also had raccoons arrive by Valentine's Day.  The cats made themselves scarce in order to avoid tangling with the larger-clawed raccoon.  Also when a non-domestic animal approaches you rather than withdrawing, it is a possible sign of rabies.
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2007, 02:56:40 PM »

Yeah, I know, maddie.  I read that online last night myself.  We were really careful with him, but I am pretty sure he wasn't sick - surely didn't seem to be anyway.  He was very preoccupied with getting the fleas off his backside, which resulted in a lot of spinning around and falling over backward accompanied by snorts - we didn't dare let Ivan out there.  Ivan was so upset - he was very insistent that we let him outside, but we were very afraid the raccoon would hurt him.  Kitten was scared to death and came in the house, but Banjo, the tough old Tom, growled at him.  He was quite non-plussed by this and continued to wander around and bite himself occasionally.
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2007, 03:10:50 PM »

Des, if that raccoon that twirls, falls backward, andoccasionally bites himself comes back, please go in the house.  And, even if he/she/it is not rabid, it won't be so cute when he/she/it moves into your attic this winter and starts doing damage up there.  Don't leave any cat or dog food (or any kind of scraps) out in the yard.
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »

LOL - I realize I just described what sounds like a rabid animal to perfection.  Thanks for the concern and don't worry, we'll be careful and not encourage him.  We never leave food outside.  I think he may have been attracted by the fact that Banjo had just killed a squirrel.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »

A raccoon wandering onto the property around dusk, so my son and I went outside to get a better look. 

I hope he comes back for a visit every now and then - what a treat it was to meet him.

Racoons can be extraordinarily nasty when provoked or when they feel they are trapped.  Be very careful
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 03:25:50 PM »

Your Keyboard: Gateway to illness:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Germs/story?id=4774746&page=1

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: