Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 21, 2018, 04:41:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1425
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 153801 times)
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15060 on: February 09, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »

Our President hard at work every day defending our Freedom.  Or not:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/?utm_term=.dcdf1a787575

He can't even be bothered to read the dumbed down version of his intelligence briefings.  And even the oral briefings happen every few days, not every day, and get derailed by the President wanting to talk about what he tweeted that morning.

Hey, its ok.  What is in these written briefings anyway?  A lot of unnecessary details.  Isn't like anything missed, like say intelligence about someone being "determined to strike in US" could lead to anything bad.

Right?
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15061 on: February 09, 2018, 11:28:30 AM »

Obama’s defense policy was to restrain American involvement in  the world’s affairs AND reduce  our military power which constrained a future president’s ability to do so. He looked at the threat of “ resorting to force” as a disease of former presidents. Obama was pathetic as Commander in Chief .

I see you can not rebut facts.

Quote from: REDSTATEWARD link=topic=46.msg115183#msg115b183 date=1518189151
Which of the countries 2-9 has the capacity or the desire to defend freedom?

Defending freedom starts with a President who supports human rights and does not openly admire and defend the world's authoritarians and strong-men while weakening democratic institutions at home.
You missed your calling as a cheerleader on Obama’s apology tours.
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15062 on: February 09, 2018, 11:32:36 AM »

Obama’s defense policy was to restrain American involvement in  the world’s affairs AND reduce  our military power which constrained a future president’s ability to do so. He looked at the threat of “ resorting to force” as a disease of former presidents. Obama was pathetic as Commander in Chief .

Defending freedom starts with a President who supports human rights and does not openly admire and defend the world's authoritarians and strong-men while weakening democratic institutions at home.  

We got confirmation this week that Russians successfully hacked some state's voting systems.  The President you and yours love so much responds with...nothing.

Don't lecture about "defending freedom" when you've already demonstrated in spades that those words are completely empty to you.

When was the last time our military defended any American's freedom?
. Every day of the year.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15063 on: February 09, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »

We got confirmation this week that Russians successfully hacked some state's voting systems.  The President you and yours love so much responds with...nothing.

Don't lecture about "defending freedom" when you've already demonstrated in spades that those words are completely empty to you.

. Every day of the year.

Except of course, during the 8-year Obama lawless authoritarian reign of terror

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15064 on: February 09, 2018, 11:54:34 AM »

. Every day of the year.

Which year?
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15065 on: February 09, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »

. Every day of the year.

Which year?
Every year.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15066 on: February 09, 2018, 12:16:56 PM »

Quote from: REDSTATEWARD link=topic=46.msg115183#msg115b183 date=1518189151

You missed your calling as a cheerleader on Obama’s apology tours.
Apology tours!

While Red's favorite president calls us killers and likens us to Russia.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15067 on: February 09, 2018, 12:47:18 PM »

About that stock panic...

https://lbo-news.com/2018/02/08/about-that-stock-panic/

Of course, we are down another thousand today. Can't wait to hear who Trump blames for it!

NO panic. A correction.

To each his own

I guess Josh panicked. 

I posted the title of the article.

I know, reading is soooooooo hard.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15068 on: February 09, 2018, 01:10:55 PM »

. Every day of the year.

Which year?
Every year.

Wrong.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15069 on: February 09, 2018, 01:25:37 PM »

He can't even be bothered to read the dumbed down version of his intelligence briefings.  And even the oral briefings happen every few days, not every day, and get derailed by the President wanting to talk about what he tweeted that morning.

Hey, its ok.  What is in these written briefings anyway?  A lot of unnecessary details.  Isn't like anything missed, like say intelligence about someone being "determined to strike in US" could lead to anything bad.

Right?

Saw that in the Post, felt the usual chill at our potus's ignorant and illiterate style of "leadership." It explains a lot of his lying - if you don't understand what's going on, you fall easily into the habit of just making shit up.  Russia is our friend, Puerto Rico doesn't need any more help, climate change is a hoax, immigrants are all gangbangers or terrorists or disease-ridden, trade barriers and isolationism are good for the economy, tactical nukes are a useful and practical weapon we can use, etc.  Russ Tillerson was being charitable, when he called DT a fucking moron.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15070 on: February 09, 2018, 01:34:10 PM »

Right?

Saw that in the Post, felt the usual chill at our potus's ignorant and illiterate style of "leadership." It explains a lot of his lying - if you don't understand what's going on, you fall easily into the habit of just making shit up.  Russia is our friend, Puerto Rico doesn't need any more help, climate change is a hoax, immigrants are all gangbangers or terrorists or disease-ridden, trade barriers and isolationism are good for the economy, tactical nukes are a useful and practical weapon we can use, etc.  Russ Tillerson was being charitable, when he called DT a fucking moron.

I found it amusing how people close to the President present his asking dumb questions as though he is testing past assumptions.  "Why can't I just pull out of Afghanistan?" isn't an "edge" question, its a dumb question, coming from a place of ignorance.  And frankly it should be scary to us that our President is asking it.

It also has to do with style of leadership.  Obama and W and everyone else poured over the briefing books because they understood that should anything go wrong they are ultimately responsible.  The buck stops here.  Trump thinks there is always someone else he can blame; he can't actually mess up because if something bad happens its because someone else didn't do their job.

And hey, its worked for him so far!
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15071 on: February 09, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »

WRecks Tillerson, is I believe, whom youm meant.
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15072 on: February 09, 2018, 01:38:57 PM »

. Every day of the year.

Which year?
Every year.

Wrong.
LOL
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15073 on: February 09, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »

"Trump thinks there is always someone else he can blame; he can't actually mess up because if something bad happens its because someone else didn't do their job." N/A

And he's right. It's not his fault he makes a mistake. He still can't believe he's POTUS. It's not his fault he won. It's the voter's fault! They're the idiots. They're the ones to blame for whatever mistakes are made.

Look, if you give a 3 year old a loaded gun, and the 3 year old shoots the cat and the gas tank and the kid next door. Is it the fault of the 3 year old? No! It's the fault of the idjit that gave the 3 year old a loaded gun!
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15074 on: February 09, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »

Obama’s defense policy was to restrain American involvement in  the world’s affairs AND reduce  our military power which constrained a future president’s ability to do so. He looked at the threat of “ resorting to force” as a disease of former presidents. Obama was pathetic as Commander in Chief .

We got confirmation this week that Russians successfully hacked some state's voting systems.  The President you and yours love so much responds with...nothing.

. Every day of the year.

Which year?
Every year.

Wrong.
LOL

Huh...

Projection much, there Imax?
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1425
  Print  

Jump to: