Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 21, 2018, 12:35:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1425
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 153738 times)
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16905 on: March 14, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »

Professor Hawking died on both Einstein's birthday and International Pi Day.  RIP.  Played poker with Worf and Jordie on ST:NG.  Won.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
luee
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16906 on: March 14, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »

---The director of a group founded by members of the Muslim Brotherhood was among the first to signal strong objection to President Trump’s nomination of Mike Pompeo to succeed Rex Tillerson as secretary of state.---

http://www.wnd.com/2018/03/muslim-mafia-chief-blasts-pompeo-as-bigot/
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16907 on: March 14, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »

The Democratic response to the Nunes memo destroyed its main claim, that there had been some wrong doing regarding the Page investigation and the Pee Pee memo. 
Just the opposite. The Schiff response decimated any credibility the democrats had in proving Collusion.
Schiff admits it was the Steele dossier (only) that says Page was committing criminal acts. Schiff could point to nothing else that does.
Behave as expected. Schmidt's memo was a response to Nunez, limited to the Page claims. But you know that.
Schmidt?
Boy are you lost.
And we all know that.
And of course you have no response on the substance. Because you know it is correct. Behave as expected.
Schmidt?
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16908 on: March 14, 2018, 11:00:16 AM »

NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16909 on: March 14, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »

He has not called the GOP majority wrong, just sputters the investigation should go on.

And this is where the poster who accused others of not reading the article proves that he hasn’t. Or at least did not understand it.
You wanna try that one again?

One more time, once more than a Troll deserves:

Your Post: He has not called the GOP majority wrong

Interview with Schiff yesterday:  Schiff told me the minority report would set forth new facts not yet made public that will contradict the House GOP conclusions on both those fronts. He said he expected the GOP’s report to be “a far longer version of the Nunes memorandum that will omit key material facts and misrepresent others in order to tell the president’s political narrative.”

We will be presenting evidence of collusion, some of which is in the public domain and apparent to everyone willing to see it, and other facts that have not yet come to public light,” Schiff told me. “I fully expect that the majority will omit many of these facts in its report and mischaracterize others.”

--

Unless you have some other generally understood definition of "contradict" you either did not read or did not understand the interview.
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16910 on: March 14, 2018, 11:21:45 AM »

Schiff's memo was a response to Nunez, limited to the Page claims. But you know that.

No.  Apparently he did not.
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16911 on: March 14, 2018, 11:23:20 AM »

So the tax cuts were supposed to be a shield for Republicans in the Suburbs, convince the voters to hold their nose and support Trump's candidates despite their finding the man completely loathsome.

Last night would indicate that this plan is not going well.
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16912 on: March 14, 2018, 11:35:17 AM »

Paul Ryan Spox:

"Lamb ran a unique campaign that almost no Democrat on the ballot this fall can replicate.  It allowed him to compete here, but it doesn't mean Dems are gonna be competitive in places like this come November."

A) Lamb actually ran below the average for Dems in 2018 special elections.  He beat Clinton's results by 20 points and Obama's by 12.  Average has them 24 points over Clinton, and 17 over Obama.
B) Lamb is not unique compared to other 2018 Dem candidates, and the strategy absolutely will be a model:  http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/democrats-can-run-the-connor-lamb-strategy-over-and-over.html
And finally, C) Dems don't need to be competitive in districts like this to take the House.  This district was +20.  There are more than enough +10 and under districts to flip it.  In fact, there are 114 GOP held seats that are more competitive.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:40:49 AM by NeedsAdjustments » Logged
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16913 on: March 14, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/973887491316084736
Oilcanbody

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16914 on: March 14, 2018, 11:56:37 AM »

Funny stuff.  Lamb has a lead of 627 votes, but they are still waiting for military and overseas ballots which must be received by 3/20.  Since Libertarians tend to vote more GOP when they vote for a major party, their 1379 votes for Not Saccone probably handed the victory to Lamb.  Even if Saccone had narrowly won, it would still be a bombolating skull-shattering bellwether for the rest of 2018.  Yes, Robert-It's-You, it IS a good day to eat pie.  Humble pie for both parties, lest they get complacent and stay home from the polls in November. 

Oilcanbody

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16915 on: March 14, 2018, 12:02:54 PM »

Professor Hawking died on both Einstein's birthday and International Pi Day.  RIP.  Played poker with Worf and Jordie on ST:NG.  Won.

A physicist friend tells me that Hawking did get a bit more halo, due to the wheelchair.  Kip Thorne, Steven Weinberg, a half dozen other guys were every bit as good as physicists who broke new ground.  Their obits will be shorter, and they didn't get on Star Trek or the Simpsons or make a video floating midair on the Vomit Comet. 
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16916 on: March 14, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »

More BS from Paul Ryan:

Speaking to reporters at the weekly Republican leadership news conference Wednesday, Ryan defined Democrat Conor Lamb as a "pro-life, pro-gun, anti-Nancy Pelosi conservative" and noted that there wasn't a Democratic primary that would have pulled Lamb to the left.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/politics/paul-ryan-pennsylvania-reaction/index.html

An awful lot of Religious Conservative voters out there who will be very interested to know that now being personally opposed to abortion but supporting abortion rights makes a candidate "pro-life."
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16917 on: March 14, 2018, 12:07:54 PM »

A physicist friend tells me that Hawking did get a bit more halo, due to the wheelchair.  Kip Thorne, Steven Weinberg, a half dozen other guys were every bit as good as physicists who broke new ground.  Their obits will be shorter, and they didn't get on Star Trek or the Simpsons or make a video floating midair on the Vomit Comet. 
Or have Eddie Redmayne win an Oscar for playing them.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16918 on: March 14, 2018, 12:08:20 PM »

I have to say that I have wondered in the past about some of those Guest Appearances, especially if they were voice overs.

It's not as if that computer voice is only Hawking's right? It's a replicable sound signature, yes no?
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16919 on: March 14, 2018, 12:23:40 PM »

He has not called the GOP majority wrong, just sputters the investigation should go on.

And this is where the poster who accused others of not reading the article proves that he hasn’t. Or at least did not understand it.
You wanna try that one again?

One more time, once more than a Troll deserves:

Your Post: He has not called the GOP majority wrong

Interview with Schiff yesterday:  Schiff told me the minority report would set forth new facts not yet made public that will contradict the House GOP conclusions on both those fronts. He said he expected the GOP’s report to be “a far longer version of the Nunes memorandum that will omit key material facts and misrepresent others in order to tell the president’s political narrative.”

We will be presenting evidence of collusion, some of which is in the public domain and apparent to everyone willing to see it, and other facts that have not yet come to public light,” Schiff told me. “I fully expect that the majority will omit many of these facts in its report and mischaracterize others.”

--

Unless you have some other generally understood definition of "contradict" you either did not read or did not understand the interview.
Send is all a postcard when that happens.
And as I said. Schiff has yet to call the GOP wrong. Only says he will. With “credible evidence” some day, maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1425
  Print  

Jump to: