Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 21, 2018, 12:36:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1425
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 153739 times)
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16920 on: March 14, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »

Send is all a postcard when that happens.
And as I said. Schiff has yet to call the GOP wrong. Only says he will. With “credible evidence” some day, maybe.

No, that isn't what you said.  You said Schiff was only calling for the investigation to continue.  He did in fact call the GOP wrong and said he will present the evidence to prove it when his report is released along with the Republican's.

And you won't need me to send you a postcard when he does.  Unless you live only in the land of Fox News.  In which case I wouldn't bother anyway, just leave you to keep babbling about Hillary Clinton.
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16921 on: March 14, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »

Meanwhile Great Britain has expelled 23 Russian diplomats over what has been said to be the first chemical attack on allied soil since the formation of NATO.

And the President of the United States has yet to acknowledge it.
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16922 on: March 14, 2018, 12:56:25 PM »

And as I said. Schiff has yet to call the GOP wrong. Only says he will. With “credible evidence” some day, maybe.

No, that isn't what you said.  You said Schiff was only calling for the investigation to continue.  He did in fact call the GOP wrong and said he will present the evidence to prove it when his report is released along with the Republican's.

And you won't need me to send you a postcard when he does.  Unless you live only in the land of Fox News.  In which case I wouldn't bother anyway, just leave you to keep babbling about Hillary Clinton.
Hillary is the one babbling about how she hates the Common Man and women who vote against her.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16923 on: March 14, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »

He has not called the GOP majority wrong, just sputters the investigation should go on.

And this is where the poster who accused others of not reading the article proves that he hasn’t. Or at least did not understand it.
You wanna try that one again?

One more time, once more than a Troll deserves:

Your Post: He has not called the GOP majority wrong

Interview with Schiff yesterday:  Schiff told me the minority report would set forth new facts not yet made public that will contradict the House GOP conclusions on both those fronts. He said he expected the GOP’s report to be “a far longer version of the Nunes memorandum that will omit key material facts and misrepresent others in order to tell the president’s political narrative.”

We will be presenting evidence of collusion, some of which is in the public domain and apparent to everyone willing to see it, and other facts that have not yet come to public light,” Schiff told me. “I fully expect that the majority will omit many of these facts in its report and mischaracterize others.”

--

Unless you have some other generally understood definition of "contradict" you either did not read or did not understand the interview.
That is intellectually dishonest, even for you.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16924 on: March 14, 2018, 01:20:43 PM »

He has not called the GOP majority wrong, just sputters the investigation should go on.

And this is where the poster who accused others of not reading the article proves that he hasn’t. Or at least did not understand it.

Interview with Schiff yesterday:  Schiff told me the minority report would set forth new facts not yet made public that will contradict the House GOP conclusions on both those fronts. He said he expected the GOP’s report to be “a far longer version of the Nunes memorandum that will omit key material facts and misrepresent others in order to tell the president’s political narrative.”

We will be presenting evidence of collusion, some of which is in the public domain and apparent to everyone willing to see it, and other facts that have not yet come to public light,” Schiff told me. “I fully expect that the majority will omit many of these facts in its report and mischaracterize others.”

--

Unless you have some other generally understood definition of "contradict" you either did not read or did not understand the interview.
Schmidt?
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16925 on: March 14, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »

When Red decompensates, he gets very repetitive. Programming glitch probably.

It’s going to be nice having divided government at least until we oust Pence and trump.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16926 on: March 14, 2018, 01:27:40 PM »

Redward:  Haven't you seen Jack Nicholson in "About Schiff" ?

A joke just came to me:

What's the difference between Donald Trump and Stephen Hawking?

One has no control of his body, the other has no control of his brain.  

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16927 on: March 14, 2018, 01:36:51 PM »

Red even lost Trey Gowdy when he ran screaming over the edge of reason with a blazing stream of nonsense spewing out of his spittle flecked pie hole.

http://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/13/gowdy-russia-undermine-clinton-republicans-461612

More republicans will soon be joining Trey in abandoning Donald’s fantasy. Red will be the last one out because stupid is as stupid does.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16928 on: March 14, 2018, 03:04:10 PM »

Meanwhile Great Britain has expelled 23 Russian diplomats over what has been said to be the first chemical attack on allied soil since the formation of NATO.

And the President of the United States has yet to acknowledge it.

But he seems to have gotten rid of his Secretary of State for agreeing with the UK on this matter.
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16929 on: March 14, 2018, 03:11:19 PM »

arm those teachers! arm those teachers?

High school teacher and reserve police officer Dennis Alexander was doing a demonstration of how to disarm an assailant in his “administration of justice” class at Seaside High when his handgun discharged, firing a bullet into the classroom ceiling. Falling debris from the accident inflicted minor injuries on three students. It could have been much worse, of course.

California state law requires a special authorization for anyone to bring a firearm onto public school property. Alexander did not have that authorization. He’s been placed on administrative leave by the school district, and also by the nearby municipal police force on which he was a decorated reserve officer.

What makes the incident even more striking is that Alexander is a member (and currently mayor pro tem) of the (non-partisan) Seaside City Council, first elected in 2006. He’s also a former Peace Corps volunteer, a long-time community activist, and in general not a gun-nutty sort of guy, so far as we can tell. He’s very likely not a MAGA fan, either; aside from holding elected office in a very Democratic portion of a very Democratic Monterey County, Alexander’s main gig at Seaside High is teaching math in Spanish (the school’s student body is 89 percent minority).

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/teacher-accidentally-discharges-weapon-in-classroom.html

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16930 on: March 14, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »

--

Schmidt?
Admission, RedState style.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16931 on: March 14, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »

--

"Send is all"? This from the poster who thinks it's the height of brilliance to repeat "Schmidt" in every post. The same poster who, by the way, doesn't know the difference between "benefactor" and "beneficiary". Pure brilliance!

Linger on, your pale blue eyes.............
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16932 on: March 14, 2018, 05:41:06 PM »

Times calls it for Lamb.
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16933 on: March 14, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »

Hillary goes to India
Thumbs more of her nose at Americans.

We do not do well with white men and we don’t do well with married, white women,” Clinton said at a conference in Mumbai, India. “And part of that is an identification with the Republican Party, and a sort of ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, your boss, your son, whoever, believes you should.”
...Interviewed on stage by India Today editor-in-chief Aroon Purie, Clinton accused Trump of running a “backwards” campaign that appealed to racists and misogynists.
“I won the places that represent two-thirds of America’s gross domestic product,” Clinton said. “So I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward. And his whole campaign, ‘Make America Great Again,’ was looking backwards.”
She claimed Trump’s message to voters was: “You know, you didn’t like black people getting rights, you don’t like women, you know, getting jobs. You don’t want, you know, to see that Indian American succeeding more than you are.”

She said that while she ran an election campaign that was done on conventional lines, talking serious issues, the other side behaved as if they were participating in a TV reality show. Clinton said that while she ran the presidential campaign like a mother who was telling the kids to eat spinach because it was good for health while the other guy was asking them to go eat fast food and have ice-cream.

Pathetic.

So where’s the lie?
evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16934 on: March 14, 2018, 11:05:14 PM »

Should parties be able to control who signs up to run as one of them?

https://apnews.com/aae15528a9fe415282402c4e14090c75

Or, given this, is deciding that closed parties are the way to go a reasonable conclusion to prevent your party from being used for deceit, like this?
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1425
  Print  

Jump to: