Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 26, 2018, 01:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1252
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 114780 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13230 on: January 12, 2018, 08:12:26 PM »

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/951847838744539136

heh

Oh.....that Ann.....
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13231 on: January 12, 2018, 08:20:30 PM »

I defend racism by voting my party's line?

Your party's policies are inherently racist...

It's a shame that you think that.

That’s not what I think, it’s what I know. I’m sorry but that is the way it is. I wish it were different, but it ain’t.

“You want it to be one way... but it’s the other way.”

— Marlo Stanfield
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13232 on: January 12, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »

I don't think Kid's a racist because he's a Republican.  He's a racist because he's a racist.  I know plenty of Republicans who aren't and prefer to approach these things on an individual basis.   

I am not asserting that every Republican is a racist.

I am asserting that the GOP is a racist entity and that in good measure it is so because of its supporters like kid.

I am asserting that either there are insufficient numbers of non-racist GOP members to overcome the others or that those that are present are unwilling to assert themselves to overcome the racist faction of the party, whether on state or national issues. North Carolina, Florida, and Alabama are among the states that illustrate this deeply.
I truly wonder who on this board has the guts to call out Josh on this post. 
I’m calling Josh out on this post. It was a serious oversight not to specifically include Red when blasting Kid and his ilk for the downfall of what was once a pretty decent party.

I hang my head in shame.

I lost myself in the immediate example in front of me, while ignoring the one I have on ignore.

But in my meager defense, I will note that I called him out plenty at other points - he is surely at least as guilty. "What evidence?" indeed.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13233 on: January 12, 2018, 08:27:14 PM »

First ticket goes to the Shithole in Chief.

josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13234 on: January 12, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/02/donald-trump-administration-executive-orders/

95 Executive orders demanding separate reports, performance reviews, instructions, or other activities to be carried out by executive branch agencies.

48 completed, often late. 20 unfinished. 27 agencies did not respond to inquiries.

Only 19 of the 48 completed reports were publicly released. --> This is consistent with Trump's complaining about Obama's lack of transparency, which is to say it is another area of "do as I say, not as I do." The hallmark of President Trump and his administration.

The executive orders were intended to form the building blocks of Trump’s governing strategy. They covered everything from defeating the Islamic State, to instituting signature policies on immigration and cybersecurity, to fashioning the administration’s position on regulatory reform and energy independence. That the executive branch has completed just half of the tasks the president had ordered suggests that the administration isn’t running like the “fine-tuned machine” Trump has boasted about. If federal agencies cannot do the basic block-and-tackling work of writing a progress report, their ability to operate in a crisis is highly questionable.

Personally, I don't mind that the cybersecurity reports ordered have not been made public.

But I do mind that only 4 of them have been completed, out of 14. The others are quite tardy.

This, however, summarizes nicely my sentiment on the overall topic:
Trump has not stopped issuing executive orders and ordering reports and reviews. But the point of these exercises has become clear: to give the impression of activity within the administration, regardless of the follow-through.

The Trump presidency is like a rocking chair. Lots of motion, little progress.

NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13235 on: January 12, 2018, 09:01:11 PM »

She’ll be on a flight to Ubitchistan with a stop in Dumbfucktu.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13236 on: January 12, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/haitian-government-claims-ousted-dictator-baby-doc-duvalier-laundered-stolen-money-through-trump-tower/#.Wlj3Lmll-CI.facebook

Haiti fires back at Trump.

Zing!

FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13237 on: January 12, 2018, 10:46:58 PM »

We do not need any walls!

Link...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T6O5UUIVH5AN4UBGN/we-do-not-need-any-walls

We do not need a wall on the border with Canada, and we do not need a wall on the border with Mexico. We need to have a "Good Neighbor" policy with our good Christian neighbors here in the Western Hemisphere.

Salute,

Tony V.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13238 on: January 12, 2018, 11:14:47 PM »

Link...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T6O5UUIVH5AN4UBGN/we-do-not-need-any-walls

We do not need a wall on the border with Canada, and we do not need a wall on the border with Mexico. We need to have a "Good Neighbor" policy with our good Christian neighbors here in the Western Hemisphere.

Salute,

Tony V.

Have to tell you, Tony, your perpetual insistence on "good Christian" as the value you cherish makes this non-Christian pretty wary of your motives.

josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13239 on: January 12, 2018, 11:41:49 PM »

https://www.scribd.com/document/368696619/Letter-to-C-Harder-001

Remember that threatened lawsuit against Michael Wolff by the President?

This is the letter from the lawyer that Wolff and his publisher, Holt, share.

It shreds the pretentions of the President's lawyer's letter.

FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13240 on: January 12, 2018, 11:48:45 PM »

Link...

Salute,

Tony V.

Have to tell you, Tony, your perpetual insistence on "good Christian" as the value you cherish makes this non-Christian pretty wary of your motives.

None of the perpetrators on 9/11 were from Mexico, or from Canada. None of the perpetrators on 9/11 were Christian. And none of the suicide bombers, etc, have been Christians. Christians are not a source of terrorism in this world.

You may argue that Christians are terrorists in the case of Ireland, but that is because the Queen of England is head of the Church of England, the Irish Catholics are against England, and it has nothing to do with religion. The IRA just wants the British to get out of Ireland completely.

Anyhow, Canada and Mexico are good Christian nations, and they are not exporting terrorism. And Mexico is California's number one trade partner. We need to have a "Good Neighbor" policy with Mexico and with Canada.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:51:39 PM by FlyingVProd » Logged
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13241 on: January 13, 2018, 12:07:20 AM »

The perpetrator of the Mother Emanuel shooting wasn't Muslim, tony.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13242 on: January 13, 2018, 12:13:40 AM »

The perpetrator of the Mother Emanuel shooting wasn't Muslim, tony.

True. And there was the case of the Oklahoma bombing, the Columbine shooting, and the Sandy Hook school shooting, etc, and more recently the Vegas shooting, etc. But they were not from Mexico and from Canada, and they were not real Christians. Christians show love for their neighbors.

Salute,

Tony V.
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13243 on: January 13, 2018, 02:01:41 AM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-12371994

David Cameron has criticised "state multiculturalism" in his first speech as prime minister on radicalisation and the causes of terrorism.

At a security conference in Munich, he argued the UK needed a stronger national identity to prevent people turning to all kinds of extremism.
He also signalled a tougher stance on groups promoting Islamist extremism.

The speech angered some Muslim groups, while others queried its timing amid an English Defence League rally in the UK.
As Mr Cameron outlined his vision, he suggested there would be greater scrutiny of some Muslim groups which get public money but do little to tackle extremism.

Ministers should refuse to share platforms or engage with such groups, which should be denied access to public funds and barred from spreading their message in universities and prisons, he argued.

"Frankly, we need a lot less of the passive tolerance of recent years and much more active, muscular liberalism," the prime minister said.

#####

Nothing much was done...except run the EDL out of town as 'racists'.
So consequently in 2017 Muslim terrorists blew up, ran down with vehicles, hacked to death...many innocent people in Britain.
As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Trump is trying to sow wisely in America.
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13244 on: January 13, 2018, 02:11:46 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/17/angela-merkel-german-multiculturalism-failed

Angela Merkel: German multiculturalism has 'utterly failed'

The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has courted growing anti-immigrant opinion in Germany by claiming the country's attempts to create a multicultural society have "utterly failed".

#####

That's "utterly failed".

Yet this forum is full of people who seem to want to rush at express pace to do the same thing to America.
And most of them have university degrees!
Sheesh!
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1252
  Print  

Jump to: