Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 21, 2018, 02:52:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 1231
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 111687 times)
NYKnicks12 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16605 on: March 07, 2018, 03:00:30 PM »

So everything in the news articles is therefore, "Fake News," right Red?
I guess the post went under  your head.

It’s just another fool failing to grapple with reality’s noted liberal bias. Wrong and bad ideas get enough space on the WSJ’s editorial page, in the Enquirer, and in the NY Post.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16606 on: March 07, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »

Well that one sure does. I guess. I really don't know what "under your head" is supposed to mean.

But I will say this. I expected that we both understood the difference between the editorial pages and the news articles. I also expect that for you to bring this topic up as if it is Earth shattering demonstrates your desire to brand the NYT as being "Liberal" because its editorial pages have left wing contributors (setting aside the context that the comment was taken out of).

That IS what the right wing echo chamber would like its clones and drones to believe to their core, isn't it Red?

But maybe you meant something else by, "...the post went under  your head." You might want to work on your writing comprehension.
No, I got it right.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16607 on: March 07, 2018, 03:18:54 PM »

Red got it FAR right.

What was his point? That the NYT considers its op-ed page too slanted?

So they added a voice from the right.

It would have been noteworthy if Fox added another moderate/Dem to in-house radical bomb-thrower Juan Williams.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16608 on: March 07, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »

Well that one sure does. I guess. I really don't know what "under your head" is supposed to mean.

But I will say this. I expected that we both understood the difference between the editorial pages and the news articles. I also expect that for you to bring this topic up as if it is Earth shattering demonstrates your desire to brand the NYT as being "Liberal" because its editorial pages have left wing contributors (setting aside the context that the comment was taken out of).

That IS what the right wing echo chamber would like its clones and drones to believe to their core, isn't it Red?

But maybe you meant something else by, "...the post went under  your head." You might want to work on your writing comprehension.
No, I got it right.

OK. Enjoy.
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16609 on: March 07, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »

I guess the post went under  your head.

It’s just another fool failing to grapple with reality’s noted liberal bias. Wrong and bad ideas get enough space on the WSJ’s editorial page, in the Enquirer, and in the NY Post.

Oh! I get it. Red is saying I have my head up my ass, and I use the NY Post to wipe my ass!

That's some stretchassed symbolism you're using there Red! In more ways than one!
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16610 on: March 07, 2018, 06:10:59 PM »

I don't want to accuse anyone of excessive partisanship, but aren't Republicans also Americans?  And the GOP majority in Texas did go out and lawfully vote for primary candidates, too.  And most of those winners will beat their relatively unknown Democratic challengers in November.  I am neither a Republican nor partisan, but I think we must recognize the reality that many citizens of Texas favor an ideological stance that is more congruent with the GOP.  Though not necessarily congruent with Trump's ideology, what little can be discerned of it. 

Since republicans have put being assholes above being Americans, I give them the benefit of their convictions and refer to them as assholes rather than Americans. You might say there is no contradiction here and you can be American and an asshole at the same time. There is a lot of evidence for this in the form of Americans who are also assholes, but it’s not quite that simple. Since the Contract on America and up through trump’s unfolding crime spree, republicans primarily focus on attacking Americans, the nation’s values and its institutions. This is why they no longer rate as Americans and remain solely definable as assholes, as demonstrated so steadily and aptly by the right leaning posters on this forum.
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16611 on: March 07, 2018, 07:02:53 PM »

Someone find The NY Times the # for H&R Block.

Correction: March 2, 2018
@NYTimes

An earlier version of this article incorrectly described the probable effect of the new tax law on a hypothetical couple’s 2018 tax bill. The TurboTax “What-If Worksheet” that generated the projection for their 2018 taxes failed to indicate that the couple would probably be entitled to claim a sizable deduction for income earned from consulting. As a result of that deduction, the amount they would likely owe on taxes would decline by $43, not rise by $3,896.

Well, at least, the Grey Lady didn’t blame the Russians. 
But they have yet to find anyone hurt by the GOP tax cuts.  Even a mythical person. LOL!
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16612 on: March 07, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »

They can ask me. I'll have to pay more in taxes next year because of the Republican tax cut.

I hope your brother's El Camino runs forever.....
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16613 on: March 07, 2018, 07:18:06 PM »

If looks could kill:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-jokes-about-melania-leaving-him/ar-BBJRGW0?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16614 on: March 07, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »

Red got it FAR right.

What was his point? That the NYT considers its op-ed page too slanted?

So they added a voice from the right.

It would have been noteworthy if Fox added another moderate/Dem to in-house radical bomb-thrower Juan Williams.

They already have two. does that make 3?
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16615 on: March 07, 2018, 07:50:28 PM »

They can ask me. I'll have to pay more in taxes next year because of the Republican tax cut.
Good. That means I pay even less.
This is fun.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16616 on: March 07, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »

Red has spilled a lot of cyberink on this Board calling me amoral implying of course that he's a paragon of morality. At the same time Red doesn't give a damn about the mental defective and scumbag that this country elected because he, Red the Moral, got his "fun" tax cut.

I hope your brother's El Camino runs forever.....
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16617 on: March 07, 2018, 08:01:27 PM »

Cue the Doobie Brothers.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16618 on: March 07, 2018, 08:05:11 PM »

Red's playing 3-card donnie.

Don't give the treasonous motherfucker in the White House a second thought.

Let's get worked up about the left-wing NY Times op-ed contributors.

And who cares if the Repubs will try and gut Social Security and Medicare to pay for their looting of the Treasury? The average taxpayer in Bumfuck, Ohio will clear an extra $4 a week for the next few years. Enough to get a taste of opiods and get lost in an opium dream and forget the social safety net is about to get yanked out from underneath them.

Game's easy to play. Just follow the Red King.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16619 on: March 07, 2018, 08:05:22 PM »

Red has spilled a lot of cyberink on this Board calling me amoral implying of course that he's a paragon of morality. At the same time Red doesn't give a damn about the mental defective and scumbag that this country elected because he, Red the Moral, got his "fun" tax cut.
The tax cut came from Congress.
Had Obama proposed it Hillary would be President.
That’s why YankGuy is apoleptic.

Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 1231
  Print  

Jump to: