Literature > Creative Writing

Creative Writing

<< < (2/6) > >>

ffleate:

( excuse a basic question, but is this an "add-a-paragraph-to-the-ongoing-story thread"?,

or is the most intriguing opening posted above going to be continued by the original poster? )

josh:

--- Quote from: ffleate on August 07, 2018, 08:08:08 PM ---
( excuse a basic question, but is this an "add-a-paragraph-to-the-ongoing-story thread"?,

or is the most intriguing opening posted above going to be continued by the original poster? )

--- End quote ---

My post was in response to the gorgeous picture accompanying it.

It was intended as a standalone flash fiction, rather than as a beginning. I suppose it could be a fine beginning. Thank you for the kind words.

ffleate:
How did you insert those photos?  When I attempt to insert a photo, this: ]img[ ]/img[   appears (I had to reverse the brackets posting here, otherwise it vanishes in finished post).  I can't see an option to pick/upload a file.  I tried direct copy and paste, but nothing happens. 

ffleate:
I just figured it out.  Attachments and other options below, right in front of my eyes!!

whiskeypriest:

--- Quote from: josh on August 04, 2018, 07:20:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Itz ME! on July 31, 2018, 11:01:40 PM ---What the heck was that? "Start a new topic?" huh...

OK, what about

--- End quote ---

At last!

After too long afloat on his makeshift raft, he had drawn within eyesight of an island and the flow of the waves seemed to be leading him to it.

His eyes were barely focusing. The yacht had been torn apart by the storm and he was pretty sure he had a concussion. But the island was big enough that he could see it, if not clearly. It appeared to be a blend of gray and green, with the gray sections climbing into the sky and the green sections in the middle of his path and low.

He would like to claim that he was steering his 'craft' toward them, but he barely had the energy to sit up, having ridden without food for at least two nights and days. Nonetheless, it seemed he would land on the grassy patch toward which he was heading. The sound of the turf picked up as he got nearer, bouncing off the base of what he assumed were cliffs.

Spray from the waves began to hit him and he knew it was close, now. He shut his eyes for a moment, imagining stretching out on the grass, drying and summoning energy to find food and fresh water. He figured the grass was a good sign that there must be fresh water nearby. The coracle like shard of boat began to rise and fall more rapidly. He reopened his eyes.

And realized his mistake as it smashed against the lichen-covered rocks.

--- End quote ---
His mistake crashed into the rocks?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version