Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Creative Writing  (Read 11331 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Creative Writing
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »

Start a thread, share your work

Itz ME!

• View Profile
Re: Creative Writing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:49:45 PM »

"Hello Itz ME!"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jsezr0qiFIc?rel=0"

Nope, but I'll work on it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:52:45 PM by Itz ME! »

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:01:40 PM »

What the heck was that? "Start a new topic?" huh...

OK, what about

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 11:02:37 PM »

And then this

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:06:08 PM by Itz ME! »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »

OK, what about

At last!

After too long afloat on his makeshift raft, he had drawn within eyesight of an island and the flow of the waves seemed to be leading him to it.

His eyes were barely focusing. The yacht had been torn apart by the storm and he was pretty sure he had a concussion. But the island was big enough that he could see it, if not clearly. It appeared to be a blend of gray and green, with the gray sections climbing into the sky and the green sections in the middle of his path and low.

He would like to claim that he was steering his 'craft' toward them, but he barely had the energy to sit up, having ridden without food for at least two nights and days. Nonetheless, it seemed he would land on the grassy patch toward which he was heading. The sound of the turf picked up as he got nearer, bouncing off the base of what he assumed were cliffs.

Spray from the waves began to hit him and he knew it was close, now. He shut his eyes for a moment, imagining stretching out on the grass, drying and summoning energy to find food and fresh water. He figured the grass was a good sign that there must be fresh water nearby. The coracle like shard of boat began to rise and fall more rapidly. He reopened his eyes.

And realized his mistake as it smashed against the lichen-covered rocks.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

ffleate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »

( excuse a basic question, but is this an "add-a-paragraph-to-the-ongoing-story thread"?,

or is the most intriguing opening posted above going to be continued by the original poster? )

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 11:42:01 PM »

( excuse a basic question, but is this an "add-a-paragraph-to-the-ongoing-story thread"?,

or is the most intriguing opening posted above going to be continued by the original poster? )

My post was in response to the gorgeous picture accompanying it.

It was intended as a standalone flash fiction, rather than as a beginning. I suppose it could be a fine beginning. Thank you for the kind words.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

ffleate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »

How did you insert those photos?  When I attempt to insert a photo, this: ]img[ ]/img[   appears (I had to reverse the brackets posting here, otherwise it vanishes in finished post).  I can't see an option to pick/upload a file.  I tried direct copy and paste, but nothing happens. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:30:46 PM by ffleate »

ffleate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »

I just figured it out.  Attachments and other options below, right in front of my eyes!!

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 04:58:25 PM »

OK, what about

At last!

After too long afloat on his makeshift raft, he had drawn within eyesight of an island and the flow of the waves seemed to be leading him to it.

His eyes were barely focusing. The yacht had been torn apart by the storm and he was pretty sure he had a concussion. But the island was big enough that he could see it, if not clearly. It appeared to be a blend of gray and green, with the gray sections climbing into the sky and the green sections in the middle of his path and low.

He would like to claim that he was steering his 'craft' toward them, but he barely had the energy to sit up, having ridden without food for at least two nights and days. Nonetheless, it seemed he would land on the grassy patch toward which he was heading. The sound of the turf picked up as he got nearer, bouncing off the base of what he assumed were cliffs.

Spray from the waves began to hit him and he knew it was close, now. He shut his eyes for a moment, imagining stretching out on the grass, drying and summoning energy to find food and fresh water. He figured the grass was a good sign that there must be fresh water nearby. The coracle like shard of boat began to rise and fall more rapidly. He reopened his eyes.

And realized his mistake as it smashed against the lichen-covered rocks.
His mistake crashed into the rocks?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 05:07:39 PM »

I liked "the sound of the turf picked up.... "

ffleate

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »

A Letter From Thailand

Thaton, Thailand                       
                                                                                                                                                                    January 23rd                                                                         
My Dear Sister,

We had a long bike ride yesterday, and a slow lazy day today; we thought we'd take a walk up to a temple that we can see from our hotel balcony across the river. But after we crossed the bridge and walked up a little hill, we found ourselves there in ten minutes, so it wasn't quite the arduous hike we had imagined.

However it had started to warm up a bit, so we thought that we'd better return to our hotel, and relax with some drinks, and build up our strength for tomorrow, when we might go somewhere else... that is, not another walk, but go to another town, one on the Mekong River, called Chiang Saen. It's in the so-called Golden Triangle.

I was in that area about a hundred thousand years ago, but don't remember the village of Chiang Saen. We were doing a long trek in the hills.  We slept on the porches of bamboo huts, and washed in streams I guess, and ate rice from a pot over a fire. We were with four English women-- three school teachers and a nurse-- and they all sang together, wonderful harmonies.  We sat night after night around the fire, and our four English songbirds sang one song after another,  entrancing the Hill Tribe people.

On the final night of our trek,  they were too tired to sing. I think that disappointed the local people of the night's camp; our guide and porter had been advertising them, I guess.  But the four ladies declined, and hit their sleeping bags early. So I stepped up to the plate, and sang loudly and lustily –solo-- for a couple of hours, my voice echoing across the valley and through the mountains, and then eventually a neighbouring Hill Tribe showed up carrying some kind of torches, and what looked like pitchforks, and some firearms, and boy were they scary looking. I assumed of course that it had something to do with the opium trade, or enemies had invaded from Laos--and they had come to warn us. Indeed, it must have been the case, for they made us gather our things and run for our lives down the hills towards Chiang Rai which we did in great haste and thank god it was a full moon, because otherwise I don't know how we would have escaped in time.

oops, I must end here as we are going to dinner soon.

love,
me

Itz ME!

• View Profile
M-I-C-K-E-Y MOUSE!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 09:48:28 PM »

Hi, Sorry to bother you, but. Hey! How's it been.

A lot has happened since last we met. I summered on the beach and it has been bliss. BLISS! My Blissters got blisters! It's way cool.

I took that picture! Thank you very much for the kind words, Josh.  I take pictures. Joost them on an artists' site where I half pretend I want to sell them. Just want people to like them. But I'm half working on a money making idea. (Or 20)

Grew my hair out long, lost a bunch of weight , Live alone, On the beach. I have a hell of a tan. Right about now it has had some "fucking cold" days (days that require extra layer clothing) but I can't complain.

Anyway, good to see ya' I say bygones be bygones. PLAU is my motto. I have a different character that I play over there. It's an entertainment form, wherein there is a "reality show" that stars, well look at that you! I believe and feel 100% as I say there. And the voice is 100% mine. But it is a different kind of voice. I like that guy. His name is Uther.

His name is Uther because he is the father of the website www.Authorpendraggin.com which is the website where I keep my book and idea and blah blah blah. Uther Pendraggin
Check my picture site www.Uther-Pendraggin-pixels.com is a nice guy. He has to practice good etiquette /netiquette and be complimentary and find the good. It's a nice change.

I invited them all over here. They don't get to talk politics or religion, or dirt, or snark, and a blowjob is right out of the fucking question! I don't know if they came by or not.  I'm still disliked. I have some good friends as well but, even a nice guy has to take it to the hoop once in a while. Also very clique lique.

So why Did I come here today?

I was writing an idea and figured I could get it down here.

Eventually, the states will have sold the naming rights to a highest bidder. Among those bidders will be Russian Oligarchs, Multinational corporations and political parties looking to consolidate power. Of course, no combination could be termed "Unholy Alliance," given that there is no other type given the circumstances.

The Constitution will have to be rewritten, of course. See? That's what FDR did right. He changed things for a long time he did. Nearly changed everything! For keeps. The Constitution itself needs to be made to understand that just because ExxAramocompanyPutiniska owns the debt of 7 states, and has consolidated operations, eliminating redundancies and showing net, TAX FREE earnings along with transferrable Capital losses. Doesn't mean that those states both shouldn't and should be classified as one. We still have 14 Senators. But we're only billing as one entity.

Shit, the more I write about it, the more it makes sense.

What would cause us to take such drastic measures? Stuff. We're going to want more stuff. Stuff costs money. Good stuff costs a lot more, at least up front. The way things are these days, you're nearly just as well off not buying the best quality. It's going to wear out anyway and by the same time they will have come out with new stuff anyway, so you were going to be throwing stuff away soon anyway.  Stuff costs money.

States are a good investment! How the fuck can you lose money being the government? It is the surest money on the planet! Yet when mixed with the capitalist economic system, we have managed to make a country that cannot support itself. And all on the idea that if the people had their money, they'd make better choices with their money than the government does. Why do they want people to have more money? Because they know for a FACT that Americans in general will NOT make better decisions with their money, but conversely, will make poor decisions. Such that that money ill accrue to those few who have to suffer by with all of our money now.

"It's a death trap It's a suicide rap..."

With a bit of solid management and consolidating and fixing the leaks in the system, ALL the leaks, not just the ones that take from the poor. I mean, take from the poor, sure, don't stop doing that, but take from the dumb bastards that think they're "rich" with their hundred of million dollars. And if you are a corporation that isn't in the buying group... Well there's retail, there's wholesale, there's buyers club, and then, way down here? This is the insider's price. Every state will run at a profit. And consolidation is the natural consequence. I'd be alright with a New England Plus New York combo. Of course, we'll need New Jersey too. Pennsylvania ought to join as well but you know they're going to be courted heavily by the Ohioans.

I'm not saying it's good or it's bad Or that it is inevitable. Or preventable. One day it might just be a backstory.

Gotta hop. Good seeing y'all.

Plau
UPD (Yup, It'z ME!)

Itz ME!

• View Profile
Re: M-I-C-K-E-Y MOUSE!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »

Wait, what happened? I started a new thread?

I didn't know I could do that... Awesome and something powers   ;D

Sorry?

Itz ME!

• View Profile
Re: M-I-C-K-E-Y MOUSE!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 10:13:54 PM »

Hey, it's not my fault!

Nobody says "hello."?

Anyway, I don't know if it's been said elsewhere. but the image that keeps going through my mind is Robert Chambers. "Rough Sex" "Preppy Murder" Private school. Law & Order episodes of white guys who have rape clubs and there was the one ABOUT the preppy murder...

And now one of this sort of punk is going to be on the supreme court?

After being as unsober as a non judge on the stand! He yelled, he cried... OY>> Such a man.

MIC See you next week time I post.  KEY Why? Because I LIKE you! M-o-u-s-e
Pages: [1] 2