Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Creative Writing  (Read 11326 times)

barton

Re: M-I-C-K-E-Y MOUSE!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 04:54:56 PM »

Hi,  Robert.  PLAU to you too.   Not many eyeballs in this thread,  maybe you should spread greetings in that political thread that seems so active.   Just don't get lost in the cacophony.  Are you living alone now on a beach, do I have that right?   Couldn't get the picture website to load...?

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 03:23:25 PM »

I figure its ok if eyeballs don't come. They see It'z ME! If they aren't interested c'est la ok.

I don't know how I made a thread. I didn't know why it was asking for a title.

For right now, yes. I am living alone on a beach. Getting ready to get ready to head back into polite society... Not looking forward to it.

OH, sorry about that, the site is Uther dash Pendraggin DOTpixels dotcom]http://uther-pendraggin.pixels.com/] Uther dash Pendraggin DOTpixels dotcom

Maybe I'd sell more if I could remember the address.

I do appreciate your trying to reach the website.

Alright, well I have to get back to working here. I'll pop in over there. I don't much follow the news much. I am without TeeVee except for Roku and netflix. The Roku channel has a bunch of the old shows and I do enjoy watching the pilots for shows like The Addams Family, The Beverly Hillbillies, 3rd Rock, and last night I watched both pilots of Lost In Space. They were fairly serious SF to start out with (albeit sexist as ALL HELL!) And the first pilot was not involving the robot or the Dr. Smith character. The Jupiter II ran into a bunch of tinfoil asteroids and that was the end of them. But the space ship was a self correcting organism so the family was ok while the ship healed itself but woke them up some 3 plus years later...

Jet pack flying!

The show then goes off the rails as the family is investigating an underground structure and the sound is off track and the Will and Penny wind up trapped behind a door  but  Don and Judy find them, but forget to hold the door so they're all trapped... There were production meetings...

Then there was the reboot with the Dr. Smith sabotage...

I do like watching the old pilots. After that they can keep them.... But I don't get involved in the politics much. It's kind of like the second half of the first LIS pilot, it makes less sense the more I look at it.

PLAU
UPD
Robt
It'zME!
MrAnonymous2U
Dredpiraterobts (DPR)
RagstagRagafraga
Prolly others

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 12:15:56 AM »

Wait, what happened? I started a new thread?

I didn't know I could do that... Awesome and something powers   ;D

Sorry?

Not a problem.

;-)

I didn't know I could undo it like this.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 12:19:47 AM »

I figure its ok if eyeballs don't come. They see It'z ME! If they aren't interested c'est la ok.

I don't know how I made a thread. I didn't know why it was asking for a title.

For right now, yes. I am living alone on a beach. Getting ready to get ready to head back into polite society... Not looking forward to it.

OH, sorry about that, the site is Uther dash Pendraggin DOTpixels dotcom]http://uther-pendraggin.pixels.com/] Uther dash Pendraggin DOTpixels dotcom

Maybe I'd sell more if I could remember the address.

I do appreciate your trying to reach the website.

Love your site - many stunning images.

Thanks for sharing!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Itz ME!

• View Profile
Re: Creative Writing
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »

Hi!

I'm back from the beach. I'm sort of acclimating to the role of "reality" in my life.

I finally reset up this computer and found that it remembers my password (my other one does not. So  Here I'm iz (still not the zombie wolf I once was. Happily.) Today is election day. And we're voting. On Saturday I went door knocking for a state senate candidate. I know nearly nothing about the guy, but he's a D and I figure, getting D's out to vote is going to be our primary ... perhaps General is the better word, objective. I was sent to a relatively friendly neighborhood and yet many didn't answer the door. I am semi scary looking anyway.

I won't say that I am between passions right now. I'm working on several at the same time, which I admit, might mean I'm not really working on any of them passionately. But my prime(ish) focus is on the Asiatic Bittersweet, with a minor in Japanese Knotwood. I can NOT get over how sanguine people are about the Bittersweet! It is killing our trees and UGLIFYING our highways (The secondary roads are a heart break! ) I'm working on putting together an investor group to start an "Invasive Species Abatement" company. This is the Kudzu of the north. It will NEED to be dealt with at some point. It might as well be now. Somebody is going to have to do it, it might as well be me.

Josh,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about my photos. I'm working on a series where the buyer would put the image on the back or front of a door such that when the door is closed it is a portal to the beach or the woods or the open road or some such where.

Also a wall to wall series where the picture is nine feet long by up to a foot wide panoramic images. Similarly floor to ceiling strips that can frame the door or delineate the wall at the corners.

I'm using my Cell phone camera. The trick is to use the panorama setting which works by taking multiple pictures and stitching them together. The result is a high resolution image that is more than the camera can take for a still shot. So they are well focused as the pano stretches.

I don't have as many pictures to take here as I did on the beach, mostly because I don't go outside as often as I did when I was on the beach. Not happy about that, but such is life.

Peace everybody. Just think, tomorrow the political ads are over!

PLAU
UPD (or somebody)     

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2023, 08:46:53 PM »

Creative writing, step one:

Drown the kittens.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2024, 03:26:40 PM »

A childhood friend on Facebook just told me that I should be a writer, he said that I tell great stories on Facebook.

He made my day, as I bought an Apple Laptop with the sole intention of using it to write movies and television shows, and to get my poetry book published. And I would love to find a wife who wants to write and produce with me.

And I would love to have a Bungalow Office at Universal Studios in Hollywood, and maybe own Universal someday.

We will see what happens.

Having a childhood friend tell me that he likes my stories really made my day, and I am pinning my hopes on my ability to write.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 [2]