Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fiction  (Read 8273 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Fiction
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 05:24:31 PM »

If you want to produce love stories, then Fern Michaels is a great writer of love stories, her books would all make great films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fern_Michaels

And for instance, her book "Captive Innocence" would make a great movie.

I would like to produce some love stories, and I want to hire the most beautiful women to be in my movies.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 05:27:28 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 04:54:04 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »

Our copy seemed to be buried in an unknown book box,  so I reserved it at the library,  and am still waiting in the queue.   Will report back.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 10:37:35 PM »

Our copy seemed to be buried in an unknown book box,  so I reserved it at the library,  and am still waiting in the queue.   Will report back.

Cool.

Thanks!

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2020, 12:59:46 PM »

Starting The Plague now.  This really got back-burnered more than I meant to.

Meantime, anyone read "Memory" by Donald Westlake?  Loneliness, alienation, depression...it is Westlake coming as close to Dostoevsky as he ever gets (and he's usually quite far from Dostoevsky).  It was published posthumously, in 2010, and appears to be something he wrote early on, perhaps in the early sixties -- going by setting details and speech patterns.  (either that, or the story is deliberately retro for some purpose that will be revealed in the last act)  I'm about 3/4 through it, and hoping that the first-person character, an amnesiac actor who struggles to recover his memories, will find some light at the end of his long dark night of the soul.  There is the usual fine writing and masterful storytelling that one expects from Westlake, and moments of humor and clever philosophic observation that make the going easier. 

Anyway, finishing this tonight.  Then starting "The Plague."  And then perhaps Suzy Cheerful's manual on how to play with puppies.  Balance the yin with a bit of yang. 

Pages: 1 [2]