Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Meander Where You May  (Read 15610 times)

barton

Re: Meander Where You May
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2020, 03:49:19 PM »

Did you catch the Pale Fire references (and quoted lines) in Blade Runner 2049?

Cells interlinked within cells interlinked
Within one stem. And, dreadfully distinct
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2020, 04:17:50 PM »

Did you catch the Pale Fire references (and quoted lines) in Blade Runner 2049?

Cells interlinked within cells interlinked
Within one stem. And, dreadfully distinct
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played. 

Haven't seen it. Waiting for the traditional eighth Director's Cut.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

barton

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »

Ha!

Somewhere a while back (Salon maybe) I saw a piece comparing Ryan Gosling character in 2049 to John Shade,  will post if I find.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2020, 10:41:08 PM »

https://www.sciencealert.com/after-17-years-of-quiet-cicadas-are-set-to-deafen-parts-of-the-us

Time to reread Pale Fire, the unofficial Book Mascot of the old NYT Meander.

I have no real ada to reread Pale Fire.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2020, 02:19:44 PM »

California Dreaming....

I found a boat that I am going to buy after I make my movie "Echo, A Rock and Roll Tragedy."

It is a 100 foot Benetti which was designed by Versace.

Link...

https://youtu.be/RAqsB659KLk

And I am going to build a stage on my boat for my friends who have bands, my friend Jon and his girlfriend Susan will have a luxury suite on my boat, and Jon can decide where he wants the stage, etc. And they will be able to record their music, and plus we can shoot video, etc.

And I am going to set it up so that we can eat good. I want to be able to barbecue filet mignon, and I want to be able to make fish tacos, etc, we need to be able to eat good.

And I want all young hot women to be my captain and crew, my whole crew is going to be young hot chicks.

We could park it here in California in a million places, or we can go down and cruise it down the Amazon River, we could go check out Colombia and stuff, or we could cruise it around the Mediterranean Sea, we could go to Cannes, Monaco, Capri, Greece, Cyprus, etc, we could go a lot of places.

And I could make my boat pay for itself by shooting video for PBS, or for some channel on television, we could cruise down the Amazon and shoot video of the experience, etc.

And plus I will have a vineyard and winery in Italy, a night club in Rome, a movie production company at Cinecitta, etc, which will all help me to make money. And I will have a recording studio for my friends.

And I will date Mahlagha Jaberi, she is a 30 year old model from Iran who lives in San Diego, California.

Here is her Instagram page...

https://www.instagram.com/MAHLAGHAJABERI/

Plus, I want to buy a helicopter to fly from the winery to the movie studio in Italy.

And I want to buy the house where I lived in Malibu.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6315-Gayton-Pl_Malibu_CA_90265_M15737-07387

And I want to have at least one child. If it is a boy I want to name him Aldo Augustus Verley, and if it is a girl I want to name her Grace Nicole Verley.

And I want to publish my poetry book. I might also write some more books. And my future wife might want to write books too, so I can help her to publish her books. I could help my wife to produce her own television show, or whatever she wants, she can make her own films, etc. She could have her own brand of perfume, whatever.

There is a lot of cool stuff that can happen if I get my movie made and if it is a success.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »

A story of survival in Hollywood...

When I was homeless, I stayed one night at the Russ Hotel on Skid Row, and when I woke up in the morning I went to take a shower, and someone had taken a shit in the shower, it was gross. That was the worst place I have ever spent the night. I decided I would rather sleep in my pick-up truck than stay at that hotel.

So, I left Skid Row and I went to Beverly Hills, I used to hang out in the nice areas, and the expensive areas, when I was homeless. And I went to the Beverly Hills free clinic to take a shower, they have nice showers for the public to use. I always stayed clean when I was homeless, I showered, and I did laundry and I wore clean clothes. That day I put on a suit and tie to go look for a job.

I bought a newspaper, the Los Angeles Times, and I looked at the classified ads to look for a job. I found a place that was hiring a valet / doorman in Hollywood, and all that I needed was a driver's license and a clean driving record. The job paid minimum wage plus tips. So, I went to check it out.

As soon as I walked into the office to apply for the job, the lady asked "Are you here about the job?" And she told me that I was hired before I could even answer, she hired me before she even knew my name. She hired me because I am handsome and I look great in a suit and tie, and that was what they wanted, they wanted a handsome doorman / valet who would make them look good.

Then later I found out that my boss was Suzanne Pleshette. My Mother was excited to hear that I was working for Suzanne Pleshette. I was working at a condominium high-rise in Hollywood, where many rich and famous people lived. It was great, I was able to meet a lot of great people, and I could afford to eat, I still did not make enough money to be able to afford an apartment, but at least I was eating good. I was allowed to shower in the clubhouse on the roof of the highrise, there was a clubhouse and a swimming pool on the roof, and I was allowed to use it.

If you are clean and well dressed then people do not need to know that you are homeless. And I was able to meet a lot of cool people. Zsa Zsa Gabor was great, she gave me $20 just for opening her car door, and she said "Thanks Darling" in her special way. Suzanne Pleshette and Zsa Zsa were good friends. I met a lot of cool people. And I was able to drive all kinds of awesome cars, including Hal Needham's Maserati.

I worked there for about 1 year, then I quit and started my production company and acquired and developed a movie script. I had a lot of confidence from hanging out with all of the successful people in Hollywood. I almost made it, the first person who I took my movie script to was Hugh Hefner, and Hef loved my script and he was going to put up the money to make my movie if someone he knew and trusted directed it, so I suggested Oliver Stone based on his work on "The Doors" with Val Kilmer, and Hef said yes, that if Oliver would direct my movie then he would put up the money, so I sent the script to Oliver, and unfortunately he turned me down, then Hef backed out, and I lost the money. That was as close as I have come to success, I almost made it. And Hal Needham said that he would help me with my movie if I needed help after I got the money, I had a few cool people lined up to help me make my movie. Sally Menke, Paul Maibaum, Hal Needham, all wanted to help on it, along with other great people. Anyhow, I almost made it.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2020, 09:55:32 PM »

The building where I worked when Suzanne Pleshette was my boss was named "Empire West" and the building was full of rich and famous people, it would be a great place to live if you wanted to make movies because your neighbors could help, everyone could work together to make movies. They had stars, writers, producers, directors, billionaire rich people, famous agents, the place was jam packed with rich and famous people. It was a fun place to work, I met a lot of cool people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2020, 02:45:04 PM »

Here is a vineyard and winery for sale in Tuscany, making Chianti wine, with the option of buying more land to make more wine. I want to own a vineyard and winery in Tuscany, and this is the type of thing I would be interested in doing.

https://youtu.be/rFrfAV_F2es

It would take a lot of workers to run and maintain such a venture, but I can get workers from the Philippines. The Filipinos love Italy. I could hire Filipinos to help me.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2020, 05:00:51 PM »

Here is a vineyard and winery that is for sale on the Amalfi Coast in Italy, it is awesome...

https://youtu.be/_WDbOqPCsX4

But, the one in Tuscany makes Chianti wine, and I would love to make Chianti wine in Tuscany.

I could also grow tangerines, and I could make cheese. We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2020, 10:51:54 AM »

Here is a vineyard and winery that is for sale on the Amalfi Coast in Italy, it is awesome...

https://youtu.be/_WDbOqPCsX4

But, the one in Tuscany makes Chianti wine, and I would love to make Chianti wine in Tuscany.

I could also grow tangerines, and I could make cheese. We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.
Time to double my investment in Powerball tickets!
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

barton

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2020, 07:41:48 PM »

Damn. There was a time when I most definitely dreamed of meandering there.

oilcan

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2020, 07:16:24 PM »

Looks like image file was moved.   

Great actress,  and quite the kitten in her Peel years.   She was a good Mrs Danvers in the ITV/WGBH "Rebecca " too.   

barton

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2020, 10:30:22 AM »

http://existentialcomics.com/comic/199

A strip that has some fun with philosophy.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11