Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Meander Where You May  (Read 15574 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Meander Where You May
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2020, 03:23:21 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »

barton

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2020, 11:16:43 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2020/12/07/croatia-open-americans-europe-ban/

“This summer I guided around 20 tours — not a lot, really — but the majority of my guests were Americans,” said Tomislav Matana, a longtime Dubrovnik tour guide. “They all had a big will and desire to come to Croatia. And although it was [anything] but simple for them to come to Croatia and Dubrovnik, they all say that it was worth it.”

Croatia, which closed itself off early in the spring to keep coronavirus infections low, hit zero reported cases within its borders in May and reopened to visitors from all countries in July, with testing requirements in place. The move made Croatia the only nation in the European Union to accept travelers from the United States.

That continental distinction has not changed, even as Croatia’s cases have risen and as it implemented a partial national shutdown last week that included closing bars and restaurants and banning weddings through Christmas...

barton

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2021, 09:38:40 AM »

I enjoy sniffing my fingers after holding a basketball.   

barton

Re: japanese diarrhea video
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »

barton

Re: joyce
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2021, 08:47:12 PM »

His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

Holly Martins

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2022, 03:15:58 PM »

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2022, 11:05:19 PM »

Any fans of Globle, Nerdle, or Quordle here?

How about Jotto?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2022, 08:13:14 PM »

I've heard Six Letter is brain-busting (it's a six letter version of Jotto which requires a perfect positional match to get a nonzero answer).  I want to try all of those you mention - Globle looks like something I'd especially enjoy, have always done well with geography.  Will seek out.  Thanks! 

Do you have a favorite game of these types?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2022, 11:47:24 PM »

I've heard Six Letter is brain-busting (it's a six letter version of Jotto which requires a perfect positional match to get a nonzero answer).  I want to try all of those you mention - Globle looks like something I'd especially enjoy, have always done well with geography.  Will seek out.  Thanks! 

Do you have a favorite game of these types?

I've played Jotto for more years than I remember - usually in our heads. Had one friend with whom I played 10 letter Jotto. Jotto is definitely a fave.

I have been more frequently stumped by octordle than any of the others, to this point.
https://octordle.com/

https://wordlegame.org/ lets you play from 4 to 11 letters.

It also allows you to play in any of 14 languages.

There are build your own Wordle game options and Wordle for Kids.

And it is not a daily play, but a play as often as you wish with new variants each time.

So, that may be my favorite.

I don't like nerdle that much.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2022, 11:51:04 AM »

In the Guardian:

Holly Martins

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2022, 08:35:24 PM »

An expedition that set out in search of the lost ship of polar explorer Ernest Shackleton has found it, 106 years after the vessel sank off Antarctica.

The wooden ship Endurance has been located remarkably intact about 10,000 feet underwater in the Weddell Sea.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/09/1085432575/endurance-ship-found-ernest-shackleton

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2022, 12:55:17 AM »

An expedition that set out in search of the lost ship of polar explorer Ernest Shackleton has found it, 106 years after the vessel sank off Antarctica.

The wooden ship Endurance has been located remarkably intact about 10,000 feet underwater in the Weddell Sea.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/09/1085432575/endurance-ship-found-ernest-shackleton

Wow!

The pics are amazing, but that they found it is even more so!

Holly Martins

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2022, 12:00:50 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/20/1100514856/longtime-new-yorker-writer-editor-roger-angell-has-died

Growing up, my family had one coffee table, quite elongated (built by my dad for the purpose of high magazine and book capacity), and there were always issues of The New Yorker, and usually something by Roger Angell in them.  Baseball fans may remember him best.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11