Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Meander Where You May  (Read 16707 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Meander Where You May
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2023, 09:42:28 PM »

Happy 400th Birthday to the greatest work of literature ever published, the First Folio, by William Shakespeare, from Stratford upon Avon. A concluding statement that would have started a huge debate 8n the Old Meander.

Shakespeare should not be for high schools, only universities.
Skakespeare...baaah, time is wasted in high schools trying to fathom Shakespeare's 'double dutch' when life skills like cooking would be of much more benefit to students.

Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2023, 10:03:34 PM »

Happy 400th Birthday to the greatest work of literature ever published, the First Folio, by William Shakespeare, from Stratford upon Avon. A concluding statement that would have started a huge debate 8n the Old Meander.

Skakespeare...baaah, time is wasted in high schools trying to fathom Shakespeare's 'double dutch' when life skills like cooking would be of much more benefit to students.
That statement explains a lot about why you are such an idiot with a constricted and unimaginative world view.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2023, 09:36:03 AM »

He himself might his quietus make with a bare bodkin.   End the bearing of fardels, the grunting and sweating under a weary blinkered fucktard life in Dingobugger, NSW.

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2024, 02:28:26 AM »

One time I was digging a ditch for a sewer pipe, and the plumber who was laying the pipe was talking to me while we worked, and he told me that there is no such thing as a bad day, he said there are only bad moments. While he was talking with me he was pounding a metal stake into the ground with a sledge hammer and he missed the stake and almost hit himself square in the nuts with the sledge hammer. At which point I commented that that would be a bad moment, and he said "No, that would be a bad day."

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2024, 02:34:16 AM »

I could produce "King Lear" by Shakespeare right now with Robert DeNiro and I can get Kenneth Branagh to direct it, and I could make at least $50 million from it, maybe more.

Shakespeare is great.

One time when Broadway in New York was desperate they produced Shakespeare plays with nude actors and actresses, they performed Shakespeare while naked to bring in the money.

And you can learn a lot from Shakespeare, including learning from "Othello" to beware of people like Honest Iago. Watch Orson Welles' version of "Othello," it is beautiful.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2024, 04:14:59 AM »

Alexis De Tocqueville wrote that one observation that he had of America was that poor people from Europe could be wealthy in America, they could change characters, and instead of being homeless bums in Europe then they could be aristocrats in the USA. The Europeans could start fresh in America.

The salvation of souls, homeless poor people could be aristocrats in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2024, 10:03:50 PM »

Why don't the Amish water ski?

It is too hard on the horses.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2024, 11:58:49 PM »

We have a local donut shop that is owned by a family from Vietnam, and as I was walking up I caught the Daughter of the Owner giving free donuts and bottles of water to the homeless people who were outside the shop. That is what makes up our Community here, it is not ones race, or religion, or sexual preference, that makes a Community but instead it is about doing like our City Motto says and being a City of Kindness and being kind to our neighbors and being kind to the people in our Community, that is what makes a strong Community. Diversity can be part of our strength, and it is all about being cool and passing out free donuts to our homeless people in our Community, regardless of ones ethnicity. I will always support this donut shop, and I think that the Owners are a wonderful part of our Community.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2024, 12:32:20 AM »

Here you go Bambu, if you ever want to bring Mrs Bambu to the Wine Country of California then I recommend that you stay at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo...

https://www.madonnainn.com/

And be sure to see San Simeon and the Hearst Castle, Roy Rogers used to play there at swimming pool parties with the Sons of the Pioneers, Roy was friends with William Randolph Hearst.

And you can visit the Francis Ford Coppola Winery and they have a great Restaurant where you can eat, they serve stuff like rabbit, and rack of lamb, etc, and the whole place attracts the artists. ( I guess it is a long ways from San Luis Obispo to Geyserville but I am sure it is all a nice drive, rent a convertible Lamborghini with a good stereo. The bus ride is long too, maybe worth exploring the area and dividing up the trip, and eating at the best restaurants as you go. Geyserville is 63 miles from Napa. Then there is also San Francisco. There are lots of places to explore. Everyone says the California Wine Country is the best, so there is a lot to explore. I like the Redwoods too. California has a lot to explore. )

There is a lot to do for the Tourists who want to tour the wine country of California. And California is very safe, if you stay in the nice areas, and there are lots of guards to help to protect your safety. The Madonna Inn has guards, etc, you will be safe.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 06:52:07 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2024, 02:36:11 AM »

The Australians can come explore California, including exploring Modesto where George Lucas was born...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modesto,_California

And we have lots of jobs for the refugees to work in the vineyards, and also picking fruit with Sunkist, etc, and our whole state is a garden. We have received a lot of rain and the rain will be turned into wine and into food.

We can also do world trade and we can send a lot of goods from California and from Mexico to Australia. And Trader Joe's, and Northgate Markets, can be built in Australia and we can ship goods to Australia, and we can do trade and Australia can sell goods here.

Tourism and wine and food production are some of the main sources of income for people in California. And the entertainment industry. Huell Howser used to explore California and then put it on television on Public Broadcasting, Huell had a great show, "California's Gold."

And we need to build our high speed train faster between San Francisco and San Diego, we need to hire way more people and we need to get this project built. And we are also building a train between California and Las Vegas which is important.

California is nice, and we need to nurture the good things. We have 70,000 homeless people in Los Angeles, plus the problems in Oakland and in San Francisco and in San Bernardino, we have a lot of problems, but we have a lot of blessings. We just need to increase our blessings as we help the homeless and expand honest opportunities. Wine, food production, and Tourism, are all important here, along with the movie-making, etc, and also we build planes and defense equipment, etc. Maybe Lockheed will manufacture new high speed supersonic passenger planes in the Antelope Valley that will be faster with a quieter boom, the new planes will replace the Concordes.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2024, 06:07:04 PM »

When I was in acting school at the AADA, I had a teacher who was friends with Grace Kelly, and she told us that one of the coolest things about being an actor is being able to go to a bar during the daylight hours while most people are working 9 to 5. There is something special about being able to go to a bar in the daylight.

Even better, being able to go to the bar in the daylight in Cannes, France.

Life is different as an artist, and she wanted for us to learn that at the very beginning.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 06:47:26 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2024, 01:49:35 AM »

In the movie "Easy Rider" they are killed at the end because the world could not handle people having that much freedom. "Easy Rider" is a great movie, and I bet Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper were cool guys, and I am sure Jack Nicholson is cool. I heard that Peter Fonda grew apples in Tehachapi, but I am not sure. If Peter Fonda was alive then I would ask him to help me make my movie, the dude was an expert at movie-making.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2024, 11:27:38 PM »

Here is an idea for a movie that would make people think twice before stealing someone's identity.

This villain steals someone's identity without realizing that he was stealing the identity of a high level organized crime figure. So, all of a sudden this villain has people out to murder him because they think he is the organized crime figure. The villain quickly regrets stealing the identity, as he fights for his life. Karma bit this guy on the ass bad. He is lucky to escape with his life and he learns his lesson the hard way.

We can make the movie at Universal, and I want a Bungalow Office.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2024, 01:53:40 AM »

Over by Lafayette Park in Los Angeles there are a lot of new immigrants from El Salvador, and there was a Salvadoran restaurant there that I went to one day when I was poor and living in my pick-up truck, I asked them if I could wash dishes or something in exchange for a meal, and the lady told me to sit down at a table and she started bringing me food. As they were feeding me multiple plates of wonderful food then the people there were showing me pictures of El Salvador and they were telling me about El Salvador. The people were really cool, and the food was great. And that is where I see the American Dream the most is with the new immigrants who bring their dreams to America.

Occidental Studios is also in that area, and they have a great Catholic Church there that feeds the homeless. Disney was using the studio at Occidental the last time I was there. That is a good neighborhood with affordable apartments, you just have to be cool with the issue of living with the immigrants from El Salvador, and from other places, the whole area is full of immigrants. And it is also close to USC. That is a good neighborhood for aspiring actors and writers, and aspiring flmmakers, etc, in my opinion. The apartments there by Occidental and Beverly Blvd are all nice and safe, and cheap, and on Hoover, those apartments are all safe and cheap.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2024, 08:48:22 PM »

A little brain teaser sort of puzzle for y'all

A woman goes to a company to fill out a job application.  As the secretary looks it over, she says, oh we had someone apply yesterday with the same last name, same parents, and same date of birth. 

That is my sister, said the woman.

So you are twins, said the secretary.

No, we are not, said the woman.

Explain.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11